Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2016 10:31:09 PM EDT
Counter Protest Callout!!!

Monday, 12/19/2016 - 12/19/2016: Assault Weapons Ban Rally
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sponsored by: Washington Ceasefire
Event type: PublicLocation: Olympia Washington, Legislative Building - North Steps
Estimated attendance: 50 - 100

If you don't want an Assault Weapon and magazine ban in this state, you HAVE to nip this shit in the bud!
We need to show our voices!
We need 500.

Or you can just stay at home and play Xbox until Seattle votes another referendum in to take your rights away.
What are you prepared to do?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda hard to show up on a Monday when some of us work full time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what vacation days are for.

There's a pro rally on 13 January, gonna miss that one too?

Go back to you Xbox.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Rallies can be good for the public to see if they are done right, although the media loves to depict the guys who show up at pro 2A rallies as a bunch of unhinged whack-jobs.

The thing is that most lawmakers are not all that impressed by what people are shouting outside on the capitol lawn.  They know that most protestors are just the same group of people who will complain about anything, probably don't vote anyway, and might not even be residents of the state.  Obviously that doesn't exactly apply to pro-2A protestors, but lawmakers are so accustomed to just ignoring the people with bullhorns that really don't pay any more attention to the anti-2A protestors than they pay to the pro-2A protestors.  Unless you show up with an AK and a chest-rig.  Then you get payed attention to as a "scary unhinged whack-job" by the lawmakers that don't know much about guns beyond what they hear from the well-funded anti-2a lobby.

Personal correspondence with a lawmaker is many times more effective than a rally.  And I don't mean the form emails that you can send from some web site with 3000 other people.
If you can start a one-on-one conversation with your lawmaker about this stuff you will be amazed at what kind of changes you can make.  You'll also be amazed at the stuff they don't know about until you tell them.  There are a couple guys on this forum that have done a really excellent job of this over the past couple years with the suppressor and SBR stuff.

I'm not saying rallies are a waste of time.  I might even attend the one on 1/13, but I'm also going to be out looking for ways to speak with my representatives more directly about the topic.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I know this was really short notice.

We do need to show up IN FORCE on 13 January.

We have had good results with lawmakers over the past years.  And that threat is under some control.
The real threat is from the referendum process, witness 594 and 1491.
Rallies with a positive outcome help with public opinion.

Because people who support RKBA see they aren't alone, and they are less likely to be cowed and shouted down by the frantic angry antis.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to suggest we start a recall against AG Ferguson for violating his oath, but it appears that if by god's grace it did somehow work a committee would select a new one from a list presented by the recallee's party AKA another libtard.... That is our state law   Keep up the good fight guys.

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/ag-fergusons-assault-weapons-ban-an-uphill-challenge/373748887
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You would have gotten a better response if the fucking topic title matched the article or what you want to counter protest about.

"AG Ferguson's assault weapons ban an ‘uphill' challenge - Counter Protest on the 19th in Olympia. I'm in. You?"
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to suggest we start a recall against AG Ferguson for violating his oath, but it appears that if by god's grace it did somehow work a committee would select a new one from a list presented by the recallee's party AKA another libtard.... That is our state law   Keep up the good fight guys.

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/ag-fergusons-assault-weapons-ban-an-uphill-challenge/373748887
View Quote

Libtards are in abundance here. I could not believe the voters ballot this year. Several positions with only a libtard running unopposed. This state is fubar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top