Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 5:06:56 PM EDT
Ok, so I have been looking for a few weeks now for one and I have had no luck. I wanted to see if I could snag a used one for a truck gun/winter project, but there doesn't seem to be any around. Anyone on here seen a Marlin 336Y in a shop that they know of? Sort of calling every pawn shop, guns store, and sporting goods retailer in the greater Seattle area I thought I would ask on here. I know you guys troll shops like I do, so I am hoping in someones search they have come across one.

I know gunbroker has a few, but I'd prefer instate (ftf was ideal) before I start going online and dealing with shippping, FFL transfers and sales tax from them (kind of ruins a deal). Anyway, if anyone has seen one around in the last week or so let me know.

thanks in advance,
-Irish
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How about this one?

It is a 1949 model. It was my uncle's but his younger brother  left it a basement several years back in Missouri and ruined the original blueing on it. So I will have to restore it, and then I will put it in a......Truck. What year truck?........how about a 1949 Dodge dually.   the 1953 Ruger MkI will also match close enough.

On topic, and a serious note, Have you check DJs Loan? they usually have several 30-30s on the racks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How about this one?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/227/dsc0307ss.jpg

It is a 1949 model. It was my uncle's but his younger brother  left it a basement several years back in Missouri and ruined the original blueing on it. So I will have to restore it, and then I will put it in a......Truck. What year truck?........how about a 1949 Dodge dually.   the 1953 Ruger MkI will also match close enough.

On topic, and a serious note, Have you check DJs Loan? they usually have several 30-30s on the racks.

They were all full size rifles today, with the only smaller Marin lever gun being a ported 16" in .450 Marlin.  Lot of full size 30-30's.

(Also a poor abused Win 71' glad mines been kept clean)

Good recommendation on DJ's though as there's plenty of trunk gun material there (beat used firearms at a good price that can be modified without sending purists into shock).

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
How about this one?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/227/dsc0307ss.jpg

They were all full size rifles today, with the only smaller Marin lever gun being a ported 16" in .450 Marlin.  Lot of full size 30-30's.

(Also a poor abused Win 71' glad mines been kept clean)

Good recommendation on DJ's though as there's plenty of trunk gun material there (beat used firearms at a good price that can be modified without sending purists into shock).

I love DJ's for random finds. I was there last weekend without any luck unfortunately. On a side note, when you get all those restored the rifle, the truck and the pistol. Post of photos! Old stuff has some cool stories to it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were to see the person who D&T this 49 336, I would kick them in the balls, literally. Not only is it a crappy job, the 4 holes don't line up, and there was the start to a fifth hole.

On a side note the stock is shortened on this gun, I dont know if it is factory or aftermarket, and there was some nasty green/black  textured finish on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
336 Youth? Im assuming for length?

Dont overlook a Mares Laig.

$300 Win 94

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If I were to see the person who D&T this 49 336, I would kick them in the balls, literally. Not only is it a crappy job, the 4 holes don't line up, and there was the start to a fifth hole.

On a side note the stock is shortened on this gun, I dont know if it is factory or aftermarket, and there was some nasty green/black  textured finish on the stock.

The burning question here is....how's the truck? Inquiring minds and all...

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The burning question here is....how's the truck? Inquiring minds and all...

The engine kicks butt...It has good compression and runs fine), I think the frame was reinforced for the flatbed on it, so If we can find a dually Long standard box. it would be cool to bring it back to stock. . The cab is rusty in the floor...BUT we have a replacement cab...but the corner windows need to be put on the new cab...  

Any body want to buy a 1989 redone inside and out, good running Sea Ray 180 with new everything but the hull (new floor), engine, windows and driver controls. Or a 2001 Pathfinder Manual trans, or a 2007 BMW 335i ...the funds would get shifted to the 49 truck...

ETA: No complaining about picture quality...it was taken now in the black with no illumination and manual lenses.

ETA2: I totally suck, As I have just hijacked this thread. I will make it up as I will be doing some rounds at the local gunshops tomorrow, So ...

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yea tell me about, My Winchester 71 was D&T'd in the 50's by the original owner, and a little survival compass inlet and stuck in the stock.  I don't care about the value of the rifle since it's a family heirloom sort of deal, but it looks like crap (deluxe model to boot).

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Stupid question time: What is D&T?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably Drilled & Tapped, as in for mounting scope rings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The bane of levergun purists, drilled and tapped.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top