Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:16:44 PM EDT
As I hope most of you have read, or seen on TV, the Kitsap County government has decided to try and shut down KRRC ASAP.  To whit, Russ Hauge, the Kitsap County Prosecutor, has filed a lawsuit against the club (in Pierce County!), and hopes to have an injunction granted within a week that could LOCK OUR GATE.   We don't plan to stand idly by and let them close us down, but we could use all the help we can get.

As a first step, the club hopes to impress upon the County how many people SUPPORT KRRC.  The County commisioners are holding a regularly scheduled public meeting in Port Orchard this coming Monday evening, 9/13, at 1900.  This meeting will be held at 614 Division Street, Port Orchard WA, 98366.  As of now, many club members (and friends) plan to be out front of the building before (and maybe after) the meeting as a show of support for KRRC.  We plan to be very civil, but want to make sure they know why we're there.  Large signs with slogans like "WE SUPPORT KRRC!', or the like are encouraged.  

I'm PERSONALLY inviting all of you WAHTF guys out for this event.  KRRC is an outstanding club.  Not only do they provide a great place for the folks living in Kitsap County to shoot safely, they also provide a wonderful venue that plays host to all sorts of great competitive shooting events.  I've not only seen world class talent at KRRC, I've shot side by side with some really amazing shooters.  I've also met a bunch of folks I'm very proud to call my friends, and very HAPPY to call my neighbors.  Please, take a couple hours out of your week to drive on out and help us show these folks that what they are trying to do will hurt the community, not help it.

I'm sure more information will be coming from the club in the next couple of days, and I'll update this post as I get it.  Please stay tuned to this thread for gathering times and any further instructions I can gather.

You can check the club's website at www.gunsafety.org, or you can search Facebook for Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club.  We've got folks working to keep those sites updated as well.

Thank you for your support.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I support KRRC. I shoot there weekly. Ive shot there for years. Its the safest range Ive ever shot at. Its so safe I hike the woods behind the berm.

There were at least three arfcomers at last nights meeting. It would be nice to have some more present on monday. Unfortunately this is like politics, its easy to let someone else be the activist. Wait, it is politics.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
what is the reasoning behind the proposed shut down?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a personal vendetta wraped in the guise of poor safety.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder.  The KRRC could surely use your support in showing Kitsap County the error of their ways!  I know plenty of you shoot out there regulary, and the rest of you should realize that this sort of lawsuit can set a precedent.  If Russ Hauge finds a "legal" way to shut down this 84 year old Kitsap County institution, you can bet the complainers living near your range will go crying to their county reps very soon looking for the same satisfaction.

If you can make it to Monday nights meeting of the Kitsap County Commisioners, please come on down.  Show up early, and make sure you are recognized as a supporter of KRRC.  Please be polite while you are doing so, and if you want to sit in on the meeting (it is open to the public), be advised it's inside a county building that is posted NO FIREARMS.

If you can't make this meeting, you can still help.  The range has started a legal defense fund, and donations to that are very much appreciated.  Also, there are many other ways in which folks can lend a hand to this effort.  Don't be shy to call the club, send an email asking what you can do, or come on out and talk to the members yourself.  Let's show these folks who we ARE!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top