Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
AW SHIT!!!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mrs. Drang texted me about that, her boss closed the office early due to heat, so now she's sitting on a Metro bus due to the highway being on fire.

Oddly enough, I had just forwarded her the RPIN text message about King County Metro warning that bus rides today are gonna be hotter than usual...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why yes, yes it is on fire.  I apologize, sometimes my super-heat-vision is hard to control.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking retard cigarete smokers. U should be able to take one shot at somebody if u see them throwing a cig out the window...
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Fucking retard cigarete smokers. U should be able to take one shot at somebody if u see them throwing a cig out the window...

now now... that's like blaming gun owners for quicky mart robberies... not all of us throw our butts out the window...

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why yes, yes it is on fire.  I apologize, sometimes my super-heat-vision is hard to control.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

now now... that's like blaming gun owners for quicky mart robberies... not all of us throw our butts out the window...

Trust me my friend, I was only refering to the ones who throw their buts out the window. I don't smoke anymore (cigs at least ;) ), but when I did I had a bottle in my truck for them, I always saw throwing the but out the window as kind of trashy and littering.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It took me an hour and a half to get from Federal Way to E Marginal way today.  It really sucked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Left Redmond at 3:45

Took the "back way" (I-90 to 18 to 5)

Just got home
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Stupid and careless.

I am glad my wife is not in town this week, she would have been stuck in that, and it would have been my fault.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Stupid and careless.

I am glad my wife is not in town this week, she would have been stuck in that, and it would have been my fault.

Have a habit of tossing cigs out the window, eh?  

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
According to komo 4...lit smoke.  Fuckers.

http://www.komonews.com/news/52012297.html

DES MOINES, Wash. –– A brush fire that scorched the median of I-5 near Des Moines Wednesday afternoon and snarled traffic was caused by a cigarette, officials said.

The fire broke out just before 2 p.m. in the middle of the north and southbound lanes between S. 188th and S. 200th Street, near Des Moines.

Firefighters blocked several lanes of traffic to fight the fire, and even called in a foam truck from Sea-Tac Airport to assist.

The fire was out a short time later, but some lanes remained closed to traffic for the mop-up effort.

Traffic in the area was backed up for more than 4 miles at one point.

Washington State Patrol Trooper Dan McDonald asked anyone who may have seen a lit cigarette tossed from a vehicle in the area to call investigators at 206-296-6670.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupid and careless.

Have a habit of tossing cigs out the window, eh?  

Haha, yeah...and I dont smoke. You know how it is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Video here: http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-072909-fire,0,3140548.story

Music in the background, all I can think of is Phoebe Cates...
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I find it very hard to believe that after all that hosing they found a cig in the place the fire started...

Cigarettes melt when you apply fire to them, especially after watching that video... it could have been a match or a glass bottle angled right...

Hell it could have been all the dead plant life around there... I've started a few fires of my own and they are just guessing it was a cig... they have no evidence, all they have is a small puddle of melted filter...
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Well we can be confident that Dallas was not involved!

I am a bit suprised by the conditions out there that many more fires have not happened.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#17]
not all of I-5, just the part I drive on.

got to Oly, jumped in the lake.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
apparently decreasing the touchpad sensitivity didn't fix the problem, only clicked one too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I find it very hard to believe that after all that hosing they found a cig in the place the fire started...

Cigarettes melt when you apply fire to them, especially after watching that video... it could have been a match or a glass bottle angled right...
Hell it could have been all the dead plant life around there... I've started a few fires of my own and they are just guessing it was a cig... they have no evidence, all they have is a small puddle of melted filter...

I saw the guy toss a butt from the car as he was diving there, the Washington State Lic Plate # was  WSP-473 I think it was a newer full size ford,
maybe a Crown Vic.???
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#20]
was it white?

I know just the one
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
was it white?

I know just the one

It was light colored, maybe white, single occupant, had a couple of antennas as I remember.

ETA: I was too busy watching out for cops to pay to much attention to him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you remember if the license plate had a vertical XMT set of letters to the left of the plate numbers?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you remember if the license plate had a vertical XMT set of letters to the left of the plate numbers?

Nope, wasn't an exempt, plate.  Just a regular plate  WSP-473
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, wasn't an exempt, plate.  Just a regular plate  WSP-743

prolly a whacker then...

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

prolly a whacker then...

a whacker ????? please explain, no, not in person.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Page 2 is on fire, but the flash flood will put it out.

Maybe it was the thunderstorm.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

prolly a whacker then...

a whacker ????? please explain, no, not in person.

Wannabe cop/firefighter/emt who is not actually any of these, however his vehicle usually resembles that of a cop/firefighter/emt and may or may not have lightbars and other look alike accouterments.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
WSP does not use regular exempt plates.. the troopers get their PSN on the plate with the letters WSP, example WSP 123 or WSP4567. I also don't think joe blow can get WSP on his plates. Easy way to tell is if the plates have tags or not..
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

WSP does not use regular exempt plates.. the troopers get their PSN on the plate with the letters WSP, example WSP 123 or WSP4567. I also don't think joe blow can get WSP on his plates. Easy way to tell is if the plates have tags or not..

Oh really? damn... So we can safely blame this to a government conspiracy against cig smokers...

Or just a case of Washingtons finest breaking the LAW...

In the words of Judge Dredd "I am the LAW!"

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've also seen unmarked cop cars on the freeway with a prefix or suffix of PSW instead of WSP just to try and confuse the general public.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#31]
don't look now, but Ballinger Lake is on fire as well....at least the island in the middle...

the fucked thing is that it appears as though they're going to just let it burn itself out..with the current air stagnation warning & only living a couple miles from the lake, it reall suck big time...stinks like burning horse shit & makes my eyes literally hurt....

wonder if the EPA could force Edmonds FD to put out the island?

</rant></hijack>
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Shall I quote myself?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stupid and careless.

You're Silly_Look's troll account aren't you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I did notice that the warning signs (Tune radio to 530 AM) were chattering about I-90 closures as I was headed south on 5 from the south end of Boing Filed. When I hit the smoke I thought, "This would have made a great warning on that WSDOT channel."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top