Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32]
If you are named below, you should have received an IM from me. If you are in Red I have not gotten the OK from you to show your call, If you are in Blue you did give me the OK.

If you are not listed, you have an Amateur Radio Lic., and would like to be added to, and receive a copy of the list, send me an IM with your call sign.

The only persons that will be given this information will be WAHTF members that hold a license. I have been asked by 3 members for a copy of the list that do not have a license. ( So they can listen on thier scanners) Nothing personal, but permission was not asked, so Im not going to give it out. I ask that if anyone is asked for a copy of the list, and they do not hold an Amateur Radio Lic. That you ask EVERYONE on the list for the permission to give it out first.*

If you are OK with your call sign being given out to only the members of the WAHTF on the list that hold a lic. drop me an IM, and I will get it updated.
It is all done as an IM, nothing will be posted out in the open on the board.

Thanks.

01. Aloxite KB7*** 02. AR15L N7*** 03. Bruiser68 KB7*** 04. BusySquirrel KF7***

05. Carl20320 KD7*** 06. CavVet KE7*** 07. CharlieZ KE7*** 08. Clown_Gun N7**

09. coctailer KF7*** 10. DaBunny KE7*** 11. dropship KF7*** 12. Ductapeman KC7***

13. DW_Drang KE7*** 14. Elcapo KE7*** 15. Frostbite KE7*** 16. Getnlwr KE7***

17. Gibby KE7*** 18. GregMc K7*** 19. Jhasz KS** 20. Joe4567 KE7***

21. Kinglou0 KF4***  22. Mike_in_Seattle KE7*** 23. monkeyrsx2k2 KD7*** 24, PatchO KE7***

25. Phil_in_Seattle KE7*** 26. R-32 KE7*** 27. Redcat KE7***  28. rtorres86 KD6***

29. Sauramen KE7*** 30. Shortnsweet KE7*** 31. skeeterh KE7*** 32. SpankyBear N6***

33. Steve_in_Washington KE7*** 34. TCSOJP24 KB7*** 35. TexasRed KE7*** 36. Thule KE7***

37. tsuki KF7*** 38. Tumbleweed KE7*** 39. Vapors KZ** 40. VeritasAQ KE7***

40. 45ColtBisley W7***

* Those of you that asked, or want to know. It is not some super secret thing. The reason we dont post in the open is bacause it is easy enough to get the information anyway.  We post the freq's out in the open, if you have a scanner, and want to try and figure out who we are, it is not that hard.

Those of you that want to get your license....

This is a great place to start...

This is a great place to start your practice tests...

This is a link to tons of info right here on ARFcom
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#1]
I am going to list some of the repeaters that I can hit from my area. Maybe there will be some common repeaters that the majority of us can hit. If you have some in your area, post them ( Dont go posting the links to the entire repeater system in Washington State, most of us can google), dont forget to include the Input freq, (and if you can the Output freq for the guys that have older radios) The shift ( Positive,or Negative), and the Tone.

I can hit the Mt Pilchuck repeater, Camano Island, Mike & Key, PSE system, Evergreen Intertie, W2ZT UHF/W2ZT 220. I can hit the KC7SAR/Rattlesnake, and can get into the KC7SAR/Sobieski on good days. There are more, but these are the main ones.

Mt Pilchuck is in Sno Co, Input Freq 146.920/ Output is 146.320 ( Negative shift) tone is 123.0

Camano Island (KC7MAP) repeater is in Island Co, input is 147.360/ Output is 147.960 ( plus shift) Tone is 127.3

Redmond Mike & Key(K7LED) is Input 146.820 /Output 146.220 (negative shift) Tone of 103.5

W7PSE(W7UDI) is a linked system that darn near covers most of the western side if the state Click here for the link, so you can pick the repeater that that works best for you.

Evergreen Intertie (W7HTJ) is also a linked system that when you know how to use it can link several states... My local is Input 444.650/Output 449.650 tone of 131.8. I dont hear much use of the intertie links in use ever, and it is pretty much a western wa system.Click here, and scroll down to Washington State section to find the best repeater for you.

W2ZT repeater is my local 220 site, but it is also linked to a UHF repeater that has coverage from Olympia to Skagit county. Input for the 220 side is as follows... Input 223.940/Output 222.340 (negative shift) Tone 123.0.. The 220 side is easy to hit from my location, most people south of Sno Co will have great luck with the UHF side Input 442.500/output 447.500 (positive shift) Tone 123.0

Please take the time to list some of the repeaters that you use, with the information needed to program our radios. It would be really cool to start trying to get some Skeds/Rag chews going.

We also need to come up with a standard simplex freq. that we can use for meet up's,( Shoots, breakfast's, WAC show, LCR..ect..ect..) and such. Any ideas Let them fly. Maybe one for VHF, UHF, and 220. If it becomes common, we can even add a tone to it at a later date.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you need to post who hangs around what repeter...

I like the W2ZT
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I can hear the WW7RA repeater, but am not sure if my 5w HT will bring it up.

I'm a bit of an inactive ham, I think I will decline handing out my callsign for now. The problem is that the callsign database gives your home address and I'm a bit paranoid

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#4]

Originally Posted By libertynews:

I'm a bit of an inactive ham, I think I will decline handing out my callsign for now. The problem is that the callsign database gives your home address and I'm a bit paranoid

Very cool!

I will be adding that to my radio, and I will check it out later today.

You by no means have to hand out your callsign. If you would like a copy of the list, I do ask that you at the least IM me your call. I WILL NOT HAND IT OUT/POST IT WITHOUT YOUR OK.., but I will add you to the list with stars next to your name. ( What this does is let anyone else know that they can IM you for your call, and you have the choice to give it, or not)

This is not about getting everyones call's out in the open. It is more along the lines of getting people in here to know who is avail in the event of something crappy going down. (SHTF/TEOTWAWKI/Natural disaster/car breaks down...) Or we just want to start networking with something outside of the cellular phone, or internet system. It is more important to have a good account of who has access to communications, and what area they are in.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#5]

Originally Posted By spankybear:
I think you need to post who hangs around what repeter...

I like the W2ZT

That is kind of what I plan on doing with this thread.

I want to give it a little time to let people in here build it up, then I will take the information and make a nice thread that has all of the local information avail.

I really hope to get us all with a list of freq's/repeaters that will work for the majority of us, and get us all tracking on the same page. I also would like to have a standard simplex freq/freq's that we all know to use when we attend events.

I listen, and talk to guys in LCR every night on the PSE network. I also listen, and talk to guys in Tacoma on the Evergreen system. We can cover the whole state if needed. I have talked off of the Sobieski ( KC7SAR) to Yakima.

We have all of the license classes represented on the list, I look forward to getting the guys that are Extra's to help out us Generals, and Tech's. I want to learn about IRLP, and want to have people to ask questions when I try setting up my HF rig. I would like to see Tech's that want to test for the General have people to ask questions to.

I would like to see guys like PCR, Grabmywrist, Odt,Nutgummer, Johnathan,KA3B,DarkHelmet,ect..ect..... those guys out in the sticks at least get a license, and an HT, so when they flood out, burn down, or have a GTG we can all have a back up for the back up's...

We have people in here that work in Emergency Service, that know what parts of the system fail... We have members here that have been involved in things, where they see what fails in the system. Think if Odt had a radio sitting around in his work desk, or the glovebox of his truck during the floods... His cellphone only had so much batt. He can turn on, and off a radio, call into Arfcommers across the state for phone calls to be made, equipment needed, listen into the local Emergency networks...ect...

IT IS A CHEAP HOBBY TO GET STARTED IN RIGHT NOW!...

You get the idea.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
For wide area coverage, check out K7PP, click on the coverage maps for the tones for the different areas.

The way it works is that there are 5 repeaters trunked together and operating on the same freq. Use use the right tone for the repeater closest to you in order to transmit.

Link Posted: 4/1/2008 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]

I plugged it into my 5W HT last night, and have no problem from Snohomish County hitting that one.

Thanks for the IM's I have received so far, I will get you other guys added to the list today sometime.

Link Posted: 4/1/2008 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my license a long time ago.. how long are they valid for?  Also where would I look it up if it is still valid?

THanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 3:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#9]

Originally Posted By Ryo:
I got my license a long time ago.. how long are they valid for?  Also where would I look it up if it is still valid?

THanks

10 year's,

If you Click Here You can plug your call sign into the computer in the upper left hand corner. If you are expired, and still in the 2 year time frame, you can Click here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
So I get the IM that says in in deep shit.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By R-32:

THanks

10 year's,

If you Click Here You can plug your call sign into the computer in the upper left hand corner. If you are expired, and still in the 2 year time frame, you can Click here.

Thanks.. Hmm.. 10 years.. I'm probably expired then.  I don't even remember my callsign.. so either way I'm kinda screwed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks.. Hmm.. 10 years.. I'm probably expired then.  I don't even remember my callsign.. so either way I'm kinda screwed.

Using the QRZ.com database, you can search for callsign info by name, location, just about anything.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 3:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Could be worse...
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]

For wide area coverage, check out K7PP, click on the coverage maps for the tones for the different areas.

The way it works is that there are 5 repeaters trunked together and operating on the same freq. Use use the right tone for the repeater closest to you in order to transmit.

Has anyone been able to pull up any of these repeaters?...

I cant get jack, and I am getting others at Buck mountian..
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]

I hope that's not Borke-buck mountian.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#17]

I can hit 2 or 3 of them with my 5-watt handheld from here in the house.  You need to use the proper tone to bring them up.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Clown_Gun:

I can hit 2 or 3 of them with my 5-watt handheld from here in the house.  You need to use the proper tone to bring them up.

What ones are you hitting?

I am only using my 5w HT, but I will try with my 50W base station this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#19]

What ones are you hitting?

I am only using my 5w HT, but I will try with my 50W base station this weekend.

I can hit K.O. Peak and Gold Mountain.  I thought there was one more I could get from here, but I was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]
^^^ new addition, This thread will be rebuilt this weekend... If there is anything you want to add to it, do it soon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a hello to all.  I do hold a novice class ticket but I am not active at this time.

So, it wouldn't really serve a purpose to add mine to the list.

After I get upgraded and active, I'll add myself to the list.

FYI I live in the Vancouver area.  Anyone what to talk to me, shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Aloxite:
Just a hello to all.  I do hold a novice class ticket but I am not active at this time.

So, it wouldn't really serve a purpose to add mine to the list.

After I get upgraded and active, I'll add myself to the list.

FYI I live in the Vancouver area.  Anyone what to talk to me, shoot me an IM.

If you hold a valid lic, you are good to go, I saw that you were a NOVICE?...

Those are like hens teeth ( I used to be one also, Im trying to find a way to get my old call back, but it is out to some guy on the east coast right now, about ready to expire if he does not renew....), and you can keep your callsign even when you upgrade.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]
New guys added...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#24]
How about setting up a Arfcom net on 80m?
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 1:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aloxite] [#25]
Well I did it.  I finally upgraded my novice ticket.

I took the tech and general class tests and passed them both.

Now the novice ticket is actually good for something, it lets me start operating right away.

I just need to add a /AG behind my callsign when I am on any frequency that a novice couldn't talk on.
(Which is everything except a small chunk of 10 meters I think.)

I dug out the rig that a buddy of mine gave me years ago when his grandfather passed away.

It's a Yaesu FT-2400. Now I just need to get an antenna and I'm good to go.

Link Posted: 4/28/2008 1:45:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkCreek] [#26]
I need to quit being lazy and study so I can take the test already!

ETA: My first page 2 ownage!
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By HawkCreek:

Honestly...

Did you really mean that you need to take the test, or did you just want to take the easy kill, and own this second page?
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]
It is better to have a operating radio than just a license,
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By HawkCreek:

Honestly...

Did you really mean that you need to take the test, or did you just want to take the easy kill, and own this second page?

No I seriously need to take the test still. I have a radio but I'm not allowed to push the button yet.
The page two was a side benefit!
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm in for a wahtf net/schedule.
Name a frequency and time and I'll see if I can make it.
Tend to have a varied work schedule with lots of driving so I might be
mobile or at the home base station. Or for those that don't have hf
I monitor a local echolink node on the local rptr, 354157 is the node number.
444.800 +5, tone of 110.9hz or 146.580 simplex tone of 110.9hz. Pretty
big mountain range in the way for most of ya'll if vhf/uhf is preferred..
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By Bruiser68:
I'm in for a wahtf net/schedule.
Name a frequency and time and I'll see if I can make it.
Tend to have a varied work schedule with lots of driving so I might be
mobile or at the home base station. Or for those that don't have hf
I monitor a local echolink node on the local rptr, 354157 is the node number.
444.800 +5, tone of 110.9hz or 146.580 simplex tone of 110.9hz. Pretty
big mountain range in the way for most of ya'll if vhf/uhf is preferred..

Im going to try and get into the echolink stuff... maybe play with it next weekend

Anyone going to the Stanwood ham show this weekend?

HawkCreek  Getting your tech is pretty easy, get on it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Several weeks (months?) ago, after upgrading to Amateur Extra class, I applied for a vanity callsign.  I was trying to get a 1x2 because only Extras can get them.  I had several choices listed on my application.  I also had ONE 2x2 (my LAST choice).  Guess which one was granted.

I still wanted a 1x2 so I applied again awhile later.  No dice.

Well I applied again a couple of weeks ago and this time I GOT IT!

Yeah, I know.  BFD, right?  

R-32, IM inbound with my new callsign.

Link Posted: 5/10/2008 1:33:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rtorres86] [#33]
I have my license! got it when I was 14....
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 2:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#34]

R-32, IM inbound with my new callsign.

Outstanding!...

We are starting to get quite the number of Ham's...

rtorres86

I will get the list updated, and a copy out in the next day or so.

I would bet we have more than any other state on ARFcom.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Bumping up...

I will be messing with this on, and off over the next week. I will  be getting updated lists out to everyone that is on the list.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#36]
R-32 you have IM, and thanks for bumping this thread up. I would never have thought to look for it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
hey guys what are the best books to get to start with?   Are the software and online stuff necessary for studying for tests?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#38]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Updated list is almost finished...

Still waiting on info from 2 of you.

There will also be updated Freq listings.

Stay tuned, and there is still time for anyone who is not on the list on page 1 to make this new update about to come out. Just drop me a IM.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Jokes/LOL%20Cats/c2e68b1a.jpg

Link Posted: 7/6/2008 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By monkeyrsx2k2:
R-32 you have IM, and thanks for bumping this thread up. I would never have thought to look for it.

I only have 3 IM's in my box, and not one is from you.,... I could have blasted it on accident, can you send again?
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By sjs:
hey guys what are the best books to get to start with?   Are the software and online stuff necessary for studying for tests?  

THere are good books that you can check out at your local library, ( ARRL Tech study guides) or you can goto QRZ.com and click your way into the Tech. practice tests.

The links are in the first post of this thread..

Honestly, it is not that difficult, and a bunch of us have passed this thing.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I thought I had already ben placed on the list... or is this just for the wet side?
is this a new list?
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By skeeterh:
I thought I had already ben placed on the list... or is this just for the wet side?
is this a new list?

Nope, it is all good...

I lost a few of you guys/gals in my IM's, when I cleaned up.

You are on the list now.

Anybody else?...

If you are not on the list on page 1, you are not on the list.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#45]
More updates today,

Thanks for everyone that has gotten back to me.

I will have the updated list out shortly, only waiting on one more person. I will be wanting to let this thread drop off, and replace it with a newer updated list of members, and the updated infor on the local repeaters, and linked systems. Please be thinking about what systems you use, or are able to use from your location. I will also need someone from the Dry side to help out with the systems over there.

If you want,

List what systems you use here, or any ideas....

It will make a cleaner page with the updated one that is on the way.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#46]
When I'm on the air I tend to use the Boeing repeater, K7PP and K7LED. Forgive me for not listing their freqs, ever since my mobile was stolen I've been using my Alinco DJ-596 HT which has Alpha tags. I tossed my reference sheet out when I cleaned up the inside of my car.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 5:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R-32] [#47]

Originally Posted By monkeyrsx2k2:
When I'm on the air I tend to use the Boeing repeater, K7PP and K7LED. Forgive me for not listing their freqs, ever since my mobile was stolen I've been using my Alinco DJ-596 HT which has Alpha tags. I tossed my reference sheet out when I cleaned up the inside of my car.

Have that one in my radio right now...

Dont sweat the freq's I will list that one, and others. New stuff should be sent out later today or tonight.

I tend to stay on W2ZT, Pilchuck, and Mike & Key...

BUt right now Im sitting on 7.235 LSB
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey R-32, I sent you IM with my call sign. Haven't seen a reply with a list.

Suggest WAHTF run a regular net from time to time. I've been trying to link up on HF to SF net (over in the Ham Radio section) but can't seem to reach any of them.

Plus I need somebody on the other end to report on my signal. No idea how far I'm radiating (or more likely not at all).
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By charliez:
Hey R-32, I sent you IM with my call sign. Haven't seen a reply with a list.

Suggest WAHTF run a regular net from time to time. I've been trying to link up on HF to SF net (over in the Ham Radio section) but can't seem to reach any of them.

Plus I need somebody on the other end to report on my signal. No idea how far I'm radiating (or more likely not at all).

I would like to get a net going also, I have also been trying to get on with the SF net, but conditions being what they are, I think a westcoast net would be a better deal..

Im trying to get the list finished up, but it is a really busy time at work, and Im doing the overtime thing again... Im just chugging along as I can get it.. Not to mention that everyday for the last week or two I get new people to add to the list.

should be done soon....

if you are up later ( I get home around midnight) we can always try and hook up on HF ( I have NVIS avail right now) or try and hit a repeater if we all can figure out where to link up...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks! I feel for ya overtime on a Saturday. My buddipole broke the whips, and I'll have it up tomorrow (just got the parts today).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top