Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:05:16 AM EDT
Well as much as I enjoy the Mortgage industry, it just is not paying the bills right now.

Add to that another mouth to feed in the next week and i need to find some new work.

I plan on still doing mortgages in my spare time, but I really need something full time.

Prefer something somewhat professional, as my background is in industrial outside sales.

If you've heard of anything, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IM inbound

He said somewhat professional, not somewhat homosexual.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM inbound

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM inbound

Don't worry, he doesn't want your job anyway.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM inbound

Don't worry, he doesn't want your job anyway.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If I hear anything, I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to everyone, except you looking for homosexual help..

I really do enjoy my job now, but it's getting tough and money's running short.  So it's time to bail before things get real bad.

I'd really like to find something in the Vancouver area, because Portland really sucks.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm hiring for a desk clerk, but I know that's not for you. My point however is that I did an interview this morning with a woman who is looking for work, for the exact same reasons. Seems the industry is slumping fast...

My ex wife is also a RE agent, and says foreclosures are up significantly this month. Heard this morning about some large lay-offs in the banks lending departments.

Buckle up...

Almost sounds like it's time for me to start looking at houses for my first.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Look for "short sales".  Might could save a bunch of money.  Go get pre-approved for a loan first (besides, Steve could use the business ), and get all your ducks in a row so the seller's bank has an easier time making a decision.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look for "short sales".  Might could save a bunch of money.  Go get pre-approved for a loan first (besides, Steve could use the business ), and get all your ducks in a row so the seller's bank has an easier time making a decision.

Very true, definitely a buyers market.  Lots of people willing to get out of their houses before them end up being foreclosed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
My realator just told me down here they have about 18 months of stock basically. This time last year about 6 months. Great time for first time buyers for sure.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My realator just told me down here they have about 18 months of stock basically. This time last year about 6 months. Great time for first time buyers for sure.....

Yes, but most now have to have 5-10% down payment.  Which is the correct way, but difficult when everyone wants everything with zero down and interest only payments.

But if you can afford a home and actually document your income, right now is a great time to start buying.  Summer is coming to an end soon and a lot of people are getting desperate to sell and are motivated.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you have a degree?  What is your prime area of expertise?

I know our company (ATT Wireless Division) is always hiring.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but most now have to have 5-10% down payment.  Which is the correct way, but difficult when everyone wants everything with zero down and interest only payments.

But if you can afford a home and actually document your income, right now is a great time to start buying.  Summer is coming to an end soon and a lot of people are getting desperate to sell and are motivated.

Steve

That's our prob. We'd love to buy a place, but don't have the down payment. Last place we checked into was going to cost $2600 a month, and that ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's our prob. We'd love to buy a place, but don't have the down payment. Last place we checked into was going to cost $2600 a month, and that ain't gonna happen.

Be patient, and see how things flush out.  I don't think we will see a great buyers market combo of high numbers of homes for sale and extremely low rates again, but when things settle down to as low as they are going to go, all of the market conditions may be such that you could buy and afford it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

Figure out what you can afford as a payment, then start paying that for your monthly living expense now.  Rent goes to the landlord and the rest goes someplace safe and as unaccessible as possible for a down payment.

It will cost more to buy than to rent now matter what.

Check your credit, work on any issues while getting your score as high as possible.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

Figure out what you can afford as a payment, then start paying that for your monthly living expense now.  Rent goes to the landlord and the rest goes someplace safe and as unaccessible as possible for a down payment.

It will cost more to buy than to rent now matter what.

Check your credit, work on any issues while getting your score as high as possible.

Steve

That's part of the problem, while not great, my credit isn't terrible. My darling brides credit on the other hand.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Steve

snip

Steve

That's part of the problem, while not great, my credit isn't terrible. My darling brides credit on the other hand.....

Fortunately time heals all especially credit.  Just make sure to have some open and active accounts under her name.  Pay everything on time and keep the balances low.

We've also had good luck using some of the reputable credit repair places, but they cost money.

Get your free copies of your credit reports, and make sure what is there is accurate.  Contest everything that is not.

Then just keep up on it.

By waiting until your credit scores are 700+ you will save thousands of dollars a year on payments.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Nautilus is always hiring. take a look at their web site. www.nautilusinc.com
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nautilus is always hiring. take a look at their web site. www.nautilusinc.com

Seems like they are only looking for Engineers and Telemarketers.

I've actually done work for Nautilus before, sold them cables for some machines and some test cables.

Right around 9/11 I was working with Nautilus(Direct Focus) to supply all of the cables to go on their machines at a new factory in Mexico.  Then the economy came to a halt and off went my multi-million dollar per year contract.  We were actually considering setting up a factory in Mexico just to produce those cables.

I'm making some in roads, it appears that Fastenal is looking for outside sales people and hopefully I have a fairly good shot at the job.  Seeing how I've sold some of the same products and have 10+ years of industrial sales in this territory.  

We'll see, please let me know if any of you hear of any other opportunities here in Clark County.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top