Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 1:03:01 PM EDT
Guys, I think that some of you need to write Gary Chittim an email.
If someone has the "unphotoshopped" pictures of us cleaning up the girl friend pit I would like you to send them to Gary.

He says he's a life long shooter, let's get him to come to a girl friend shoot.  

Joe,

You're right. Illegal dumping has not stopped in the Sultan Basin.

And nowhere in our story did we blame the problem entirely on shooters.

Most shooters are responsible and clean up.  

However, shooting has not stopped in the Sultan Valley either.

Illegal shooters are still going there and leaving behind mounds of spent ammo and items brought in to blast.  

The story was about the tenth anniversary of a group that has done a lot to clean up our
trails.  

It was not to indict shooters or anyone else.

I agree that the government has closed off too many areas to target shooting.

Target shooters do a great job of being eyes and ears in the woods and often report illegal
activity such as drug operations.  

Here's where you're wrong.

The 'Liberal agenda' label is a bunch of bull and you know it.

It's a lazy way of complaining without having to back it up.

I've been a shooter my whole life and I have always cleaned up after myself.

Shooters who just leave behind mountains of shells deserve to be fined and forced to clean it up.

Liberal agenda...give me a break.

Gary Chittim
King 5 News.  

-----Original Message-----
Subject: When are you going to tell the TRUTH about the Sultan Basin

Please, oh please, just ONCE please do some investigating and tell the
truth.

The Sultan Basin road, where shooting USED to take place was in THREE areas,

not dozens.
THREE.

PLEASE OH PLEASE, tell the truth, has the area gotten any cleaner since the
anti-gun wackos had shooting made illegal in the Sultan basin?

Has the illegal dumping stopped?

No, it has not.

All that was accomplished was that ANOTHER piece of the PUBLIC LAND was
closed off to THE PUBLIC by special interest groups under the guise of
"CLEAN".

But you won't answer my questions, you won't go out there and look, no,
instead you'll keep sucking up to "them" because of your liberal agenda.

You won't report THE TRUTH.

And once again the TRUTH is nowhere to be found by KING5.

KA3B
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Careful, shooting is not illegal in Sultan Basin, just along the main road. So people are still going out there to shoot and many of them legally. Bring up a trash issue and it will result in a broader closing in that area. Let's face it, most shooters are pigs and leave behind their trash or targets of opportunity plugged full of bullet holes. Something needs to be done about it but I'm not sure how we can enforce the littering / dumping laws that the state or county can't seem to put any effort into.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What a polite response.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe you insinuated that there is "Libaeral Agenda" out there KA3B.

I'm glad you wrote him. I love seeing their true colors in their response.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
but I'm not sure how we can enforce the littering / dumping laws that the state or county can't seem to put any effort into.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but I'm not sure how we can enforce the littering / dumping laws that the state or county can't seem to put any effort into.

I think we just stay the course and do our part. Before any one else got to the GF I gave the "clean-up ypour shit" lecture to a couple other groups. You don't need to be a dick or confrontational about it. I use: "Did you hear about Sultan getting shut down? They'll close this one in a heartbeat if we all don't start cleaning up after ourselves" If you say it to 5 people and only one starts to help then its a start.

That and we need to deport any foreign nationals (this means you Ivans!) who bring electronics to the pit!!!!

I don't know if I'd bring that fucktard Chittim, his next story would be about "evil" assault machine guns killing eagles, spotted owls and the baby Jesus while depositing pure arsenic into the salmon spawning rivers and whose barrels cause global warming..
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
i can't find his e-mail address.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah - what is his email address?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
There's nothing worse than a liberal with a gun who thinks he's one of us and he's unwilling to accept the fact that He is part of the problem. I've never seen King 5 ever do a "fair & balanced" story on gun owners. They will slam them every chance they get. Gary Chittam might own a gun but it probably stays unloaded and rusting in his closet somewhere!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I know there is a Skykomish Valley...

I know there is a Sultan Basin....

I did not know there was a Sultan Valley...

Sounds to me like he is trying to lump in Sultan Basin and Cedar Ponds all into one place. (Where it has been legal to shoot for years, but now FOTT and DNR are posting everything as No Shooting.)

Tumbleweed be carefull, DNR dont care about the County Shooting zones, they have been ticketing like mad out this way...Even in Unposted areas that have been shooting areas for decades. There is a gal with DNR  that works this area (Lori ?) that hates people with guns. more weird shit is going on than anyone knows....Seems that the Post it No Shooting no matter what is just what they are doing.

Im thinking that maybe this weekend I may have to go on a little drive-a-long and start snapping some pictures.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is a gal with DNR  that works this area (Lori ?) that hates people with guns.

Is she cute?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a gal with DNR  that works this area (Lori ?) that hates people with guns.

Is she cute?

How about a bag full of hammers?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she cute?

How about a bag full of hammers?

That won't help my problem...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought it was a reasonable response.

And hey, how could anyone at a local TV station still have a job without a little bit of sensationalism?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe a job for the west side militia
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's just it. We do more than our share of clean up. We don't lobby the government to shut down public lands because somebody else dumped trash in our favorite shooting areas. We don't go to the press to get favorable treatment and collect government money. We pay for other people's trash with our own money.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just it. We do more than our share of clean up. We don't lobby the government to shut down public lands because somebody else dumped trash in our favorite shooting areas. We don't go to the press to get favorable treatment and collect government money. We pay for other people's trash with our own money.

So FOTT beat you all without even firing a shot?  The liberal tree hugger, like hajie, is a master of decete and free press manipulation.  You must defeat him on his own ground using his own tactics. So, trade the BDUs for some hiking shorts and gaiters, leave the firearms in the truck, and get some free positve press doing what you do anyway.  And if you get a chance to get some Govt money, take it!!  Maybe you could start your new guys with trash patrols until they prove themselves ready for overthrowing the govt.  All in fun, and I would feel your pain if I did'nt work at an armory that had an indoor pistol range and free use of the local outdoor police range.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So FOTT beat you all without even firing a shot?  The liberal tree hugger, like hajie, is a master of decete and free press manipulation.  You must defeat him on his own ground using his own tactics. So, trade the BDUs for some hiking shorts and gaiters, leave the firearms in the truck, and get some free positve press doing what you do anyway.  And if you get a chance to get some Govt money, take it!!  Maybe you could start your new guys with trash patrols until they prove themselves ready for overthrowing the govt.  All in fun, and I would feel your pain if I did'nt work at an armory that had an indoor pistol range and free use of the local outdoor police range.

Sure, you want me to join the political battle and forget all about why I do what I do. FOTT hasn't defeated anybody except whoever was begging the gov't for that money. They just learned how to suck at the government teat. We don't need them to look out for us. I'm not giving up my shooting hobby to go pick up trash. I'd rather combine the two and just take out the trash.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd rather combine the two and just take out the trash.

Watch out! impending CoC violation!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Did I just hear a gasp coming from the direction of Olympia?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top