Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:31:28 PM EDT
I'm looking for a rifle smith in or around the Battlegrounds, WA area. My friends last smith was less then desireable.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I trust Marcus Fuller at the Washougal River Mercantile store.  He is knowledgable, always freely giving advice and tips, has never charged me more than I felt was OK for the job, and I have never heard a bad thing about him or his work.  He can be reached at (360) 837-3470, and keep in mind the store is all the way on the other side of the county from Battle Ground.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I trust Marcus Fuller at the Washougal River Mercantile store.  He is knowledgable, always freely giving advice and tips, has never charged me more than I felt was OK for the job, and I have never heard a bad thing about him or his work.  He can be reached at (360) 837-3470, and keep in mind the store is all the way on the other side of the county from Battle Ground.

HUGE +1

Marcus is the man to go to in Clark County. It's a little far from Battleground, but not more than 45 minutes or so.

He's done some great work for friends of mine, and done a few little things for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
ANOTHER +1 FOR WASHOUGAL RIVER MERCHANTILE.......I ALWAYS CALL THAT PLACE 'THE DELIVERENCE STORE' BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT TWO MILES PAST THE BRIDGE WHERE THE ALBINO KID SITS AND PLAYS THE BANJO.......A WAYS, BUT WORTH THE TRIP...MARCUS HAS DONE A BUNCH OF WORK FOR A FRIEND OF MINE AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN SQUARE, I'VE PURCHASED A LOT OF GUNS THERE TOO, NICE SPOT FOR THAT...

SADLY, MIKE AT BRIGHTWATER VENTURES DOWN IN ORCHARDS, DOES GOOD WORK, BUT HE'S SO BACKED UP WITH WORK, HE'S RUNNING ABOUT 6 MONTHS BEHIND......AND AS MUCH AS I LIKE MIKE, AND LIKE DEALING WITH HIM, THE DELAY JUST STICKS IN MY CRAW AND I CAN'T RECOMEND HIM WITH GOOD CONSCIENCE...IF YOU NEEDA GUN HE HAS, HE'S ACES TO DEAL WITH, BUT THE SMITHY PORTION OF HIS SHOP IS JUST TOO FAR BEHIND.

I'VE NEVER HAD ANY WORK DONE AT WHIPPLE CREEK ARMORY EITHER, I'VE BEEN IN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND JUST HAVEN'T HAD GOOD SERVICE...THE OWNER MAY BE NICE, BUT HIS ASSISTANT IS JUST GOMER PYLE...............
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUGE +1

Marcus is the man to go to in Clark County. It's a little far from Battleground, but not more than 45 minutes or so.

He's done some great work for friends of mine, and done a few little things for me.

That should actually say Clark and Skamania Counties
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on both....

What do you need done??

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 on both....

What do you need done??

My friend needs his trigger worked on, hopefully down around the 1-2lb range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top