Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:49:07 PM EDT
Futzing around in my safe and I decied to see if the mini-hippy has the torso strength to hold a 10/22 yet.  I call him over "Mini-Hippy, the only time I want you to touch these are if your mom or I say you can, NEVER ever touch them any other time.  They can put a hole in you"  I then poke him quasi hard in the chest to make my point.

Let the crying begin.  He then had absolutely NO interest in touching the gun.    We'll try this again in six months.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It does get the point across though
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
He's going to remember this in another 14 years.
Mark my words, it's going to come back and haunt you.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You muzzle struck your own kid, you demon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You muzzle struck your own kid, you demon.

I poked him with my finger, silly wabbit
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
my 5yo thinks its the coolest thing to help load mags so dad can go shooting, I've gotta be real careful to make sure the guns are always locked up, we've gone over the safety rules dozens of times, but the way his eyes light up when I take em out is kinda scary...... later it will be cool that he wants to hang out w/ dad and go shooting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Show him all the 'gun movies' in the next 6 months.
Then try again.
He'll be ready!

I started The First Princess with firearms at 4 years of age.  Just right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a7 year old, he is shooting IPSIC 9mil minor STI 2001 (Partial equipment sponsor by STI).
I have NEVER scared him or poked.
I don’t worry because he is RANGE trained, and will seek out kids his age at the range and help them and there parents with range saftey.
I took him out camping and had him shoot some of his toys. After inspecting the damage I think the respect ensued.
Don’t scare, EDUCATE!
My lame 2cent's
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
....Let the crying begin.  He then had absolutely NO interest in touching the gun.    We'll try this again in six months.

First time I was near a gun...lets see.  My father was shooting his single shot Beeman air rifle from his drafting table in the office and stood behind him.  What I didn't realize was I was standing right behind the buttstock at the perfect level to get jabbed in the eye once he fired it (from the recoil)....  

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
my 5yo thinks its the coolest thing to help load mags so dad can go shooting, I've gotta be real careful to make sure the guns are always locked up, we've gone over the safety rules dozens of times, but the way his eyes light up when I take em out is kinda scary...... later it will be cool that he wants to hang out w/ dad and go shooting.

Mine does the same thing. I've taken him to 1 GF shoot, and he keeps bugging me about going again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....Let the crying begin.  He then had absolutely NO interest in touching the gun.    We'll try this again in six months.

First time I was near a gun...lets see.  My father was shooting his single shot Beeman air rifle from his drafting table in the office and stood behind him.  What I didn't realize was I was standing right behind the buttstock at the perfect level to get jabbed in the eye once he fired it (from the recoil)....  

-Rob

]

Good job lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Jr45 thinks the M4gery is HIS rifle, since the Bushy HB 20" is bigger, ergo, Daddy's rifle.
He also asks if he can touch, looks in the chamber (I have to help) to make sure it's clear.

I'm with SCRIOS, it is kinda spooky/cool/scary/neat when you crack the safe and his eyes get all lit up. Loading mags in my house is like attracting moths to a flame.

Princess45 is not far behind her brother.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:53:52 AM EDT
[#13]
My Wife just bought our 8 year old daughter a PINK "Crickett".22, because her big brothers .22 Stevens is to long (ie front heavy) for her to shoot. Eyes light up! My son can be knee deep into the x-box but when the gun cabinet opens up and there he'll be, helping to load ammo and move the guns. I took them both out to a range when they were younger, put a can of tomato juice on an old white sheet, and put a .40 "Golden Sabre" round into it. The red juice everywhere was enough to scare the sheet out of them. Since then I try to keep them well educated about guns, so they don't get curious and try to find out for themselves. Start young, and keep it up!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

awesome, you're raising a belltower sniper.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Sooo....how old were ya'll when your dad started taking you shooting. I was about 7 and the first one i shot was an old 410 shotgun. My great granddad had given my dad when he was a boy. I was haulin' the .22 along on hunting trips with him at about 9-10. Never had a gunsafe. they were in his bedroom closet. Never messed with them without his permission. I KNEW he would beat my butt if I did. If this is construed as a thread jack, then sorry. Not intended to be that way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
gimme a couple more years......
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It is going to hit you like a brick wall..

They grow up fast.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]

awesome, you're raising a belltower sniper.

which is just fine with me....as long as that belltower is in hostile teritory in a war zone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

which is just fine with me....as long as that belltower is in hostile teritory in a war zone.

That is too easy of a target to take out. Teach him to stay hidden, and become the hunter.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I was just aproached by the child as I was drooling over Cleaning my .45.

"I want to see more guns"

After a small tour around the safe.....we're off to get a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is going to hit you like a brick wall..

They grow up fast.

THAT is no lie. It seems like yesterday I was scraping the shit off ones butt. Oh wait a minute I was.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Red Rider BB gun aquired....now to go shoot my eye out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Red Rider BB gun aquired....now to go shoot my eye out.

Good luck finding an icicle to blame it on, Ralphie!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top