Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:58:51 PM EDT

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That looks spendy.

No more so than a LaRue product, only slighty more than a Troy Industries or a Daniel Defense, but a good bit more than a MI.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
MSRP is $285 for the EL which means the black rail
and about $295 for the ELT(tan) and ELG(OD)

I think our local friendly dealer of all things SIG Sauer and AR has a good price on these.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ugh Don want!

Is that pretty tough though, off hand (I have not handled one of these) it looks to be a bent metal body with rails attached. It sure looks nice at any rate!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait until the VIS System from Vltor hits the open market.

WHOA!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
No side rails?  Or do those extra ones screw in or something?

Does it free-float?  It looks like it just snaps on ...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shut up and go steal some Knight's rail panels for me...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
That'd actually be pretty easy to do.  Take one off this rifle, and that rifle, they think they lost it, no big deal.

But we're not working today, so I can't go manhandle everyone's rifles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That'd actually be pretty easy to do.  Take one off this rifle, and that rifle, they think they lost it, no big deal.

But we're not working today, so I can't go manhandle everyone's rifles.

Interrogative whiskey tango foxtrot, over?

Back in the AD days, my LCPO (Leading Chief Petty Officer) was a stickler for 0730 - 1630 MON-FRI.  If we were really good, we'd get liberty at 1625 on Fridays.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

See pic #3. The kit comes with several rail attachments in various sizes and the screws to mount them wherever you wish them to be. There are holes with threads on the side, lower side, and bottom.

It almost is a free floater. Its main mounting points are to the delta ring and the flat top rail. But there is a contact point (for stability) to the front handguard cap.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
See pic #3. The kit comes with several rail attachments in various sizes and the screws to mount them wherever you wish them to be. There are holes with threads on the side, lower side, and bottom.

It almost is a free floater. Its main mounting points are to the delta ring and the flat top rail. But there is a contact point (for stability) to the front handguard cap.

That's what it looked like, but I wasn't sure.  Being "almost" free-float, does anyone know how well optics will hold zero, if mounted foreward on it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what it looked like, but I wasn't sure.  Being "almost" free-float, does anyone know how well optics will hold zero, if mounted foreward on it?

Should do very well since the top rail is all one piece, and it clamps to the upper receiver as well as the barrel nut.  There is hardly ANY contact with the front handguard retainer ring at the FSB.  These rails are cool, but not that popular.  It took me quite awhile to sell two of them on the EE (one of the newer ones in OD and an older Abrams version for a middy.)  If you don't run an ACOG or an EOWreck, then it is a pretty cool system.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
What's so bad about them with an Eotech?  I would think it would better, because it's a little higher, from sitting on the receiver rail.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What's so bad about them with an Eotech?  I would think it would better, because it's a little higher, from sitting on the receiver rail.

You can't cowitness your iron sights with the EOWreck and the raised rail of the Vltor (or ARMS for that matter.)  Even using the built in pic mount, it still sits up too high, and your irons look at the controls.  The BUIS still mounts to the receiver, not the raised platform created by the Vltor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting ... so this guy actually mounts it *too* high, eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top