Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 10:16:53 PM EDT
recently i've been thinking about purchasing a new handgun.  the last firearm I purchased was a Kimber 1911, about a year ago.  I checked the WA laws and haven't noticed anything which would prevent me from purchasing a USP .45 tactical, but with understanding that the knowledge here is greater than what's published online by the state itself, I thought I verify w/ you guys first.

There's nothing against having a threaded barrel handgun in the WA state right?

Lastly, is there a restriction on magazine capacity for handguns in WA?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Threaded barrel fine
High cap mags fine.

H&K over-rated.  imo
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
USPs are nice. I am going to see when the compact tactical will be on the market and if they will offer it in the traditional variant 1. The LEO catalog shows it with LEM trigger and no safety or decocker. It doesn't say other options will be available.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Threaded barrel fine
High cap mags fine.

H&K over-rated.  imo

Thanks!  I figured ... i've had just about every handgun out there, why not try a USP right?  :D
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]
And while you are at it might as well get a Class II "can" to put on the threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a full size usp in 45 and i love it. extremly accurate out of the box with any ammo  i have bought or reloaded.  and it feeds  185,200 and 230 great. unlike most 1911 that need ramp  work to handel  anything but 230.

you can try mine and see how you like it. i found my usp  alot more accurate than  a kimber i had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top