Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:49 PM EDT
I guess my call-sign is temporarily JS98901.

Oh yeah, this is the second hotel tonight.  It seems that the Clarion Inn down the road has inadequate heat.  My wife & I checked in at 2030.  By 2230, still not anywhere near 55F in the room.

The other hotel is capable of 72F+.

At least I got a "no charge" from Clarion.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be worse, you could be out at YTC in the back of a M113 freezing your nutz off.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could be worse, you could be out at YTC in the back of a M113 freezing your nutz off.

Or in Koter's case, freezing your nut off!  

How is YakiVegas?  Or is it the "Palm Springs of Washington" so some such crap....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
With chat like that, I'd think its cold over there...  Is it?  Im pretty warm here in Bummertown
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
With chat like that, I'd think its cold over there...  Is it?  Im pretty warm here in Bummertown

With all the Bremaloes and bremelettes to "COZY UP TO it's no wonder you're toasty warm

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or in Koter's case, freezing your nut off!  

How is YakiVegas?  Or is it the "Palm Springs of Washington" so some such crap....

Hey now, don't diss the sign!  ONLY WE locals can diss the sign!

Edit-
The RV manufacuter near the free way (near the mill that's closing) went T/U.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the Sleep Inn at Post Falls, ID had no Interweb access (other than dial-up--screw that).

Since I've lived in Washinton (May 5, 1998), I had only traveled as far east as Vantage and that was by accident.  Yesterday, the wife & I headed from Yakima to Post Falls, ID for no real good reason other than to see what's up over on the dry side.

If you're ever in Post Falls, G.W. Hunter's Restaurant is a must.  The elk loin is to die for!

Today took us through Post Falls, Coeur D'Alene, Moscow, Lewiston, Walla Walla & finally Pasco.  Tomorrow, we'll be hitting some wineries via Yakima and White Pass.

Lots o' driving through this beautiful region!

And all the other hotels have excellent climate control systems.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
what ya didn't stop in Beutiful Spokane? just cruised on by an went to postfalls instead huh.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Pasco is nice in the spring and the fall.. summer and winter it sucks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pasco is nice in the spring and the fall.. summer and winter it sucks.

I was over there a few times last summer and it wasn't too bad. Nice town that is for sure, I enjoyed my visit there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Pasco sucks.

You should come to the other side of the river.

You do know there are many ARfcomers in the area right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what ya didn't stop in Beutiful Spokane? just cruised on by an went to postfalls instead huh.

Au contraire, mon frere.

Walked around beautiful freezing downtown Spokane, checked out the mall downtown and stopped at The Nut Factory.

Quoted:  
Pasco sucks.

You should come to the other side of the river.

You do know there are many ARfcomers in the area right?

Other side of the river?  Stay tuned for the final update on the Great Presidents' Weekend 2006 Road Trip.

I know there are many ARFCOMMERS on the non-libtard side of the state.  However, this was one of those weekends to spend with the wife because I've spent too much time with ARFCOMMERS and the WA ANG lately.  It is safe to say that this past weekend has scored me enough time to spend launching lead downrange in the near-future.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
To cap it off. . .

Friday night, Yakima.  Cold hotel, then warm hotel with 24-hour indoor pool / spa.

Saturday, north (west on I-82) to Ellensburg, bang a right on I-90 and head east.  Spokane & Post Falls, ID.  Gun show at the Greyhound Park in Post Falls.  $5 entry, no gun / camera check upon entry, no membership requirement.  About a third the size of a typical Monroe WAC show.  Some EBRs.  A couple of WAC vendors.  G.W. Hunter's kick-ass cuisine.

Sunday, Coeur D'Alene to US-95 South. . . all the way to Lewiston.  Picked up US-12 West and crossed back into WA.  Drove all the way to Walla Walla.  Walked around Walla Walla.  Walla Walla is closed on Sundays save for Starbucks and Subway.  Got back on road and made course for Tri Cities.  Stayed in Pasco.

Monday, left Pasco and drove through wine country.  Tasted lots of wine.  Bought six bottles.  US-12'ed it all the way through Yakima, Naches, White Pass and into Chehalis.  Got onto I-5 North and headed back towards the ol' 98010.

Total miles driven:  1032.4

Now I've seen much of the state.  Hell, it only took nearly eight years to get myself east of Vantage!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Through the LCR and not a word...

Under the RADAR. . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top