Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:51:09 AM EDT
Last night we put Norrel's on the Aks. Awesome stuff. All there is left to do is draw the barrels into the trunnions and put all the bits and pieces back into the receivers. Once that is done, they get a final cosmetic coat of Norrel's. After that we go visit the Stratiotes Weapons Testing Facility at a secret location somewhere in western Washington.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Worthless without pics

they always forget the pics

Where are the pics

I want pics dammit

shamefull lack of pics in this thread

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn, I need to finish my build. Hey Bunny man, want to make a couple of bucks?

take it to EE!

Mine isn't done either.....bunny?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn, I need to finish my build. Hey Bunny man, want to make a couple of bucks?

Of course not! That would be illegal!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a stop at the bunny ranch might be in order!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like a stop at the bunny ranch might be in order!!!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Last night we put Norrel's on the Aks. Awesome stuff. All there is left to do is draw the barrels into the trunnions and put all the bits and pieces back into the receivers. Once that is done, they get a final cosmetic coat of Norrel's. After that we go visit the Stratiotes Weapons Testing Facility at a secret location somewhere in western Washington.

Hey man, when's the next met!?!?!  I have parts!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know! I get a phone call...be here in 30 minutes, we're riveting....Be here in an hour, we're painting...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know! I get a phone call...be here in 30 minutes, we're riveting....Be here in an hour, we're painting...

And he keeps forgetting to call me!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That must be it, he calls dispatch to find out when you are working, then sets up a work party.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That must be it, he calls dispatch to find out when you are working, then sets up a work party.

I wouldn't put it past you two, I know how much you value your "Alone time"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I couldn't help myself, the dremel was just sitting there...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I need to get some pics up of my new build...a Yugo M-70 on a DCI receiver......runs like a top.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I need to get some pics up of my new build...a Yugo M-70 on a DCI receiver......runs like a top.

You got it out and didn't tell me?  

Happy to hear it runs good though
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Sixguns, You are only about 15 min's behind us, you know what nights we usually work on, and last night was a fluke, Mark called and said he was ready, after not being sure if we were going to build this week. I will call you sunday...

Scrun, and Erex, and anyone else who's bbl I have already punched out for ya...

There is no reason you cant be as far along as we are, all you need is a file and some patients. in 45 min's you will be ready to heat treat and weld your rails in...it takes all of about 3 mins to put the rivets in..

Ramster,Tumbleweed, and whoever else went out and got kits last show...I will try and get a date set up so you clowns can come over and punch your bbls,and get your flats bent up.. but Im not going to bend over for each and everyone on their schedule, I use my Brother in laws shop that he works out of...I have to work around his terms. But he is a cool guy and it usually works out.

For now, Im going to get my 3 finished up, and I have 3 guys from the fire station that are going to start when I get mine finished up, they have already punched their stuff so they should be finished a little faster then Me,Bunny,Sixguns,and my Brother in law...

Till then...just hang on, Now that We have been building these things, we have worked out all the stupid mess ups, and yours should go faster, and look better. and you are not having to buy and build the tools...They are already done!

And Sixguns, just consider that jig sold, I will have you the cash when I see you next. You can put the money twds the FAL kits we are building next.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sixguns, You are only about 15 min's behind us, you know what nights we usually work on, and last night was a fluke, Mark called and said he was ready, after not being sure if we were going to build this week. I will call you sunday...

Scrun, and Erex, and anyone else who's bbl I have already punched out for ya...

There is no reason you cant be as far along as we are, all you need is a file and some patients. in 45 min's you will be ready to heat treat and weld your rails in...it takes all of about 3 mins to put the rivets in..

Ramster,Tumbleweed, and whoever else went out and got kits last show...I will try and get a date set up so you clowns can come over and punch your bbls,and get your flats bent up.. but Im not going to bend over for each and everyone on their schedule, I use my Brother in laws shop that he works out of...I have to work around his terms. But he is a cool guy and it usually works out.

For now, Im going to get my 3 finished up, and I have 3 guys from the fire station that are going to start when I get mine finished up, they have already punched their stuff so they should be finished a little faster then Me,Bunny,Sixguns,and my Brother in law...

Till then...just hang on, Now that We have been building these things, we have worked out all the stupid mess ups, and yours should go faster, and look better. and you are not having to buy and build the tools...They are already done!

And Sixguns, just consider that jig sold, I will have you the cash when I see you next. You can put the money twds the FAL kits we are building next.

Just IMed ya.... You guys ROCK!  I for one look forward to whatever time you all can donate....  Tell me what I can bring to make your day, coffee, donnuts, you name it!  Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!

Ramster
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]
We need to get things organized. We'll have to pick up a spot welder for the rails if this keeps moving along.

We should also make donations to the R-32 beer fund to help offset the cost of the electricity, sanding disks, welding rod, drill bits, blasting media....etc.

Pizza, burgers and soda also help the build parties along.

Also looking for a 32" steel tank or heavy duty plastic wallpaper paste tray for parking.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We need to get things organized. We'll have to pick up a spot welder for the rails if this keeps moving along.

I can fix you up with a spot welder & power supply.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We should also make donations to the R-32 beer fund to help offset the cost of the electricity, sanding disks, welding rod, drill bits, blasting media....etc.

Pizza, burgers and soda also help the build parties along.

Also looking for a 32" steel tank or heavy duty plastic wallpaper paste tray for parking.

I'm ready to donate!  How much wisky should I bring!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got it out and didn't tell me?  

Happy to hear it runs good though

Spur of the moment thing on Sunday afternoon......I had 5 minutes to load up and get my butt up to GF..sorry.....btw...got a big fat refund coming from the Infernal Robbers service.....ammo order!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#24]
the park tank needs to be non ferrous. I have a 4x4 sheet of 16 ga stainless and commensurate welding wire. Want me to build you one?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
the park tank needs to be non ferrous. I have a 4x4 sheet of 16 ga stainless and commensurate welding wire. Want me to build you one?

Good idea. IM me the details. What....6"X6"X36"?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
so can we do some building this weekend?

I'll IM you with the secret meeting times and locations....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This weekend is a NO-GO for my place...Brother in law is gone on Vacation starting friday....

If bunny is holding secret meetings he is going to be the best thing going this weekend. ( Bunny Send me a IM I wanna play too. )
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This weekend is a NO-GO for my place...Brother in law is gone on Vacation starting friday....

If bunny is holding secret meetings he is going to be the best thing going this weekend. ( Bunny Send me a IM I wanna play too. )

I seem to be staying in Sno County this weekend..............
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I seem to be staying in Sno County this weekend..............

What is your point?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

K, did as you said, picked up the rotary tool and working on that... wanted to buy more drill bits we'll need but I don't know what size.... tell me and next run I'll buy a bunch!  

Sup Bunny, some fun this weekend anyways!?!?!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

K, did as you said, picked up the rotary tool and working on that... wanted to buy more drill bits we'll need but I don't know what size.... tell me and next run I'll buy a bunch!  

Sup Bunny, some fun this weekend anyways!?!?!

Cool, After you get all the old receiver stripped off, and if you have access to a drillpress...drill out the rivets for the rear trunion. (take off the stock first). If not, you will have to wait till you can get to my or my brother in laws house...really the only thing you should need me for is to press out the bbl pin, and bbl, and to use 6guns receiver jig...almost all of the rest can be done at home with a hand file, then we weld in the rails and rivet the thing back up...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Other than a press for the receiver bending and a drill press to drill out the rivets, you do most of the work at home. Then you bring it to the shop and learn to rivet the hard way...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Other than a press for the receiver bending and a drill press to drill out the rivets, you do most of the work at home. Then you bring it to the shop and learn to rivet the hard way...

"Hold my beer and watch this"

At least I haven't gotten bloody working on these things yet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Hold my beer and watch this"

At least I haven't gotten bloody working on these things yet.

You're doomed now. They always draw a little blood somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top