Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:03:03 PM EDT
It was indeed a broken slide stop. Snapped clean off smooth.

I could either order a good one online and wait a week or three, or I could go drive 5 minutes to Cascade and pick one up for $20 and get my CCW weapon up and running.......

New one replaced in 5 minutes. All function checks are A-OK!

I guess I am finally starting to put enough rounds through her if she is starting to break parts. I really love her, more than any other carry weapon I have ever had, and shoot her better than any other as well. I am starting to think its time to send her off to a good smith and get her all done up with good new guts.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I got some parts here, let me have it for a few weeks.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Id get it back with a telestock and a bipod and a rail.

Might be fun as hell to shoot but worthless as a carry piece.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

busted.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take it to EE!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to get something like that. I've got a compact Llama that I got in trade ( hi, migradog!) but about every 3rd round ejects square into my forehead. But the size is just perfect for CCW.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What you girls need to do is move into this century.

A real pistol

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A real pistol

I own (but do not possess) the .40 & the 9. I like them both, but it tends to keep me away from the warmer climates. I am afraid of a plastic gun melting when the heat is on, but I know my JMB 1911 is a time proven workhorse.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I need to get something like that. I've got a compact Llama that I got in trade ( hi, migradog!) but about every 3rd round ejects square into my forehead. But the size is just perfect for CCW.

Have you tried swapping out the ejector?

CavVets .45 is a darn nice shooter, I would just have the springs looked at and carry on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A real pistol

IBTRust
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The XD's are great pistols, I love them. There is just something about a nice 1911 though. I have wanted to get a "full house" custom for a long long time! I finally took the plunge last week and ordered a Colt Commander from these guys, YoBo. Now for the wait.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A real pistol

I own (but do not possess) the .40 & the 9. I like them both, but it tends to keep me away from the warmer climates. I am afraid of a plastic gun melting when the heat is on, but I know my JMB 1911 is a time proven workhorse.

Okay, I'll be a fish. How can you own but not possess something? Especially two somethings? Unless of course your talking about womens.

I can honestly say there is no danger of them melting in the sun. After carrying one around in the Arizona and New Mexico furnace this past July I can atest that they do not melt. Burn the shit out of your hand when open carried yes, but melt no. 105 in the shade is a reason not to live somewhere. Screw that whole, "but its a dry heat" thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Okay, I'll be a fish. How can you own but not possess something? Especially two somethings? Unless of course your talking about womens.

BINGO! Can you say Little Sister??

105 in the shade is a reason not to live somewhere. Screw that whole, "but its a dry heat" thing.

+87,000,000,000

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A real pistol

Dude, the 1911 is the perfect pistol, the XD45ACP just comes closest to lurking in it's shadow.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've got a compact Llama

As opposed to a full sized Llama.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I could either order a good one online and wait a week or three, or I could go drive 5 minutes to Cascade and pick one up for $20 and get my CCW weapon up and running.......

New one replaced in 5 minutes. All function checks are A-OK!

I guess I am finally starting to put enough rounds through her if she is starting to break parts. I really love her, more than any other carry weapon I have ever had, and shoot her better than any other as well. I am starting to think its time to send her off to a good smith and get her all done up with good new guts.

images.snapfish.com/345%3B8%3A4%3C7%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3239%3E%3A9%3A%3E742%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A5%3A85467nu0mrj

Did KA3B fire it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Did KA3B fire it?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Justin, you can file the shape of the ejector a bit at a time til it spits shells where ya like. Or, get a new one. But, you'll probably have to tune the new one, too. Please deposit 2 cents. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I finally took the plunge last week and ordered a Colt Commander from these guys, YoBo. Now for the wait.

It will be well worth the wait... trust me

CavVet -  Glad the slide stop issue got sorted out... see you next week

Hi Jason,

I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait. There are a lot of 1911 shops around and you got the order. I still can't wait. I take it you'll be at SHOT then? If so I'll be sure to try and introduce myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got a compact Llama

As opposed to a full sized Llama.....

Damn right. I'm high class....no common sheep for me!

Just for you, Bobbity:
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A real pistol

I got a chance to handle Rob Leathams 5" 45XD over the weekend in Phoenix. Rob claimed that the trigger was completely stock....felt really good.  Grip angle is the same as a 1911 and even with 45ACP, the grip didn't feel fat at all.  Rob said that Springfield now has orders on the books for 6 months of production backlog.  If you want one...better pick it up now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Typically compacts use an extended ejector to insure that the case get OUT of the ejection port.  You might want to take a look at you extractor tension.  If the tension is loose, the case isn't firmly held so the ejector can't launch it out at the right angle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey, that Colt must think it's a Kimber
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Put that POS back in the sock drawer and put your G-lock 23 on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put that POS back in the sock drawer and put your G-lock 23 on.

The only reason I still have that damn Gluck is because

it has a really cool serial number

it was my first and last gluck (sold the other dozen in the middle off)

and I know I will never recoup the during ban prices of a couple hi cap mags I bought and will also lose cash on the lasermax.

Besides I can actually hit the back wall of the pit with my 1911, I cant hit shit with that gluck.

One day someone will want it more than I do and I wont have it either. Maybe they will bring a 1911 to the table and poof!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top