Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:51:30 PM EDT
Was a real good concert, but DAMN was it loud. Getting old I guess.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Was that you in front of me when TK asked if anyone supported the troops?  That's a pretty obnoxious sound I know.

Just kidding.  We were directly in front of the speakers on the right side of the setup, up on the edge of the balcony opposite the stage.  We had just put in our earplugs when the TK 'intro' kicked in, and was I ever glad we had those.

I agree, a pretty good concert, but TK could lose the horn section and move the female backup down to do more fill-in vocals, IMO.  The horns don't do squat, and that organist could cover for them.  The female backup singer had a pretty good pair of AC-DC lungs.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn 161, I thought you told me you listened to country, not sugar-coated wannabe shitkicker music.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Well Matt the wife loves Toby, so I get to drive and Yes I wish I had earplugs. We were on the floor 10 rows back on the right side.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Was a real good concert, but DAMN was it loud. Getting old I guess.

I'm just basing my comments off of what you had written.
I had also forgotten that you're PW'd
And yes, you are getting old, ya crusty bastard.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
PW'd? Like your wife isnt the boss too!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Never been to an indoor firework show before -- I guess it was a little more exciting at the Tacoma dome the nite before:

"Without missing a beat, Keith and his 10-piece band dived right into "Honkytonk U." The thrilling rendition was replete with pyrotechnics blasting streamers and sparks and all manner of explosive excitement into the audience.

The momentum went right into "Get Drunk and Be Somebody" and "Whiskeygirl" before the flashy show almost caught one member of the band on fire. Not once but twice. (The second time forcing him to jettison his guitar and pat his shirt and face.) He soon moved to another part of the stage. (Note: A previous version of this story suggested that it was Toby Keith who nearly caught fire.)

He soon moved to another part of the stage."

I do believe that Joe Nichols could lead all the womenz out like the 'Pied Piper' if he wanted -- They all seemed crazy about him.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
PW'd? Like your wife isnt the boss too!

Sure Chuckles....keep believing that if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
When you make more $$ than she does let me know, Mr.mom.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmmm, 15K re-up bonus last year, plus 9 months of AD pay.....Yep, I did.

Any more stupid freakin' questions???????

(Walked into that one, didn't cha?)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey now, you two. take it outside!
I made more money than both of y'all and my wife put together last year  and I'm still more broke than either of you.  ( my kids ate it all)
I just can't figure it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top