Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 10:01:52 PM EDT
We have these sectors covered, and have no reports..........

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Granite is cold and wet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Granite is cold and wet.

No bedroom reports please.

Ever think our reporters might be the story?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
All is quiet in my Telemarket Center.

Im am in a Flank two position, I repeat I am in a Flank two position.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Ballard

Man surrenders after sword assault

10:32 PM PST on Tuesday, January 17, 2006

KING5.com

SEATTLE – Several streets in the Ballard neighborhood were blocked off Tuesday night as police searched for then negotiated with a man believed to have assaulted another man with a sword.

The man surrendered without incident shortly after 10 p.m.

The suspect was believed to be armed with a compound bow and arrow, with which he also allegedly threatened the man initially assaulted.

The incident began around 5:30 p.m. when medics with the Seattle Fire Department were called to a house on 52nd Avenue Northwest near the border between the Ballard and Phinney Ridge neighborhoods.

Although the call came in to help a man cut with a sword, emergency workers called police when, as they were treating the man, they learned that he had been assaulted and that the suspect had been in the same house.

Police said the suspect has a violent record and called in a SWAT team as neighbors watched snipers move into position around the house.

Police also called in animal control based on information that there were a number of pit bulls in the home, which is split into several apartments.

After a couple hours of negotiations Tuesday night, the man surrendered peacefully.

The man who was slashed by the sword did not sustain life-threatening injuries.

Border

Explosive Device Found In Car At Border

January 18, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services

BLAINE, WASH. - Four handguns and what Royal Canadian Mounted Police thought was "possibly a pipe bomb" were found Tuesday night in a car that had just entered Canada at the Peace Arch border crossing.

The firearms - a 9 mm handgun, two shotguns, and a rifle with a rifle stock - were found in an initial inspection of the car and the device, which turned out to be not explosive, was found in the engine compartment, according to a statement posed on the RCMP's Web site.

The device "had some wires protruding from it and was suspicious in nature," but the Mounties' explosives squad determined that it did not contain explosives, according to the statement signed by RCMP Cpl. Roger Morrow.

In a telephone interview with The Associated Press, RCMP Cpl. Steven Han described it as "a small device that looked like an improvised explosive device ... possibly a pipe bomb." He said he did not have the exact dimensions, and it was unclear how long it took investigators to determine that the device was not explosive.

No criminal charges are planned, and the driver and sole occupant of the car, whose parents live in Oregon, was turned over to the Canada Border Services Agency, said Paula Shore, a spokeswoman for the agency.

"It appears as though the male is suffering from a mental illness," Morrow said in the statement. "It is expected the individual will be returned to the border crossing, turned over to Canadian Immigration who in turn will ensure the safe return of the gentleman to the United States."

The episode closed Interstate 5 in the United States and Highway 99 in Canada at the busiest crossing between the two countries west of Detroit from about 9:30 p.m. to midnight, Shore said. Traffic in both directions was diverted less than a mile to the east to the Pacific Highway crossing.

Border officers checked the car after it entered Canada because the driver was acting erratically, Shore said.

"The driver was interviewed by border services officers, who were suspicious," she said. "They did a further search and found one or more than one suspicious package.

"We take safety and security very seriously."

Shore did not say precisely what about the driver drew the attention of Canadian border agents.

"Our border services officers are trained to look for inconsistencies," she added. "It's never just one thing that makes them want to take another look at someone."

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So sorry, CV, I was sleeping on the job!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You couldn't call anyone and ask for a sitrep?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Granite is cold and wet.

No bedroom reports please.

Ever think our reporters might be the story?

sigh
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, I had the day off........
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]

It's been awhile since I've hung around here... I've been uh... Busy.

But I need to resign my commission from the BDF and instead startup the RBDF.

The Richmond Beach Defense Force, up here in beautiful Shoreline, WA.

Anybody in this neck of the woods?

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
10 to 1 Strat is on watch.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Kiddies, remember your Fifth General Order!

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.

7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Still got your Liberty Card Bunch-o-Numbers?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#15]
"The firearms - a 9 mm handgun, two shotguns, and a rifle with a rifle stock - were found in an initial inspection of the car and the device, which turned out to be not explosive, was found in the engine compartment, according to a statement posed on the RCMP's Web site.

The device "had some wires protruding from it and was suspicious in nature," but the Mounties' explosives squad determined that it did not contain explosives, according to the statement signed by RCMP Cpl. Roger Morrow."

So......a distributer is a suspicious item?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Still got your Liberty Card Bunch-o-Numbers?

Last time I had one was at SSC GLAKES in 1996.

I do however have the "Take me drunk, I'm home" card from Yokosuka circa 1997.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I do however have the "Take me drunk, I'm home" card from Yokosuka circa 1997.

www.ussmontrose.com/images/LIBERTY_CARD.jpg

Quitting time was 0400, it was 0350 and I was going through Pioneer Square headed in. Out of the darkness some kid all hooded up with some dog face crackhead female hooker steps out off the curb. I skid to a stop, crack the passengers side window a few inches, "Where ya goin", he hands me a card....

"Where are you stationed"... "Whidbey NAS"......."Get in"

"Superintendants office"....."Yeah this is 727, I aint comin in on time, Im leaving the service area"

I call the number on the card, they tell me to come through Anacortes. I follow the signs, just before I get to the gate (0530-ish, Sunday morning), the civilian cops have a DUI checkpoint.

I get to the gate and pull over, lock the car. Young troop is passed out in the back seat. I walk up and tell them I have a young trooper of theirs and need to get paid, "How much", "$187.60"...

"That card is for local cab runs, you are SOL"....."I have your drunk soldier in my cab, he is SOL, call your SDO"...

Same story, "We wont pay"......"Look, the card doesnt say local, it says you will pay, Im going to turn around and take him back to that local checkpoint and turn him over for theivery"

They called the CO that had the cards printed. He promised me payment to be mailed Monday first thing. I made them put it in the duty log at the gate and got a signed hand receipt from the SDO, the young trooper was taken from my Taxi and cuffed.

I got a check Wednesday fromt he Kitchen Mess Petty cash fund.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top