Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 11:12:21 PM EDT
Where is your favorite AUTHENTIC Italian restaurant in WA? (No, Olive Garden and other chain BS places don't count)...I'm always on the hunt for a good Pasta Carbonara or Veal Saltimboca or Marsalla.....mmmmm! Closest to me in the Snoqualmie Valley area thats good is Gionfranco's near the old railroad station in Snoqualmie.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a really good Italian restaurant on the water front in paulsbo by the public moorage area but dam if I can remember the name? I suppose that happens after 2 bottles of merlot?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
the nearest worthwhile one I know of is in Olympia. The next nearest one is in Mountain View, California.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Campana's in Poulsbo is rather nice... but Spirros in Silverdale is great (perfect place for a date also.  Awesome view).  Oh, and Tony Felippi's in Bremerton makes some damn fine food also...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know where it ranks on the "authenticity" scale, but Angelina's in West Seattle is wonderful
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Il Terrazo Carmine in downtown Seattle.  By far the best authentic northern Italian in the state.  If you go be sure to get the Venison Ravioli off of the appetizer menu, it's outstanding.  Their Veal Saltimboca is also fantastic.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Armondos in renton.Always packed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
It's been awhile since I've been there. But Vince's in Federal Way was pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the "leads" guys....I always love to find another good restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
If you ever make it up north..there is an exceptional restaraunt called "Lucas" in Frontier Village near Lake Stevens.    Straight from Italy....

The guy has even made local tv shows for his cooking but you wouldn't realize it becase the place is small and off the beaten track.  My favorite Italian place bar none in the Northwest.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you ever make it up north..there is an exceptional restaraunt called "Lucas" in Frontier Village near Lake Stevens.    Straight from Italy....
The guy has even made local tv shows for his cooking but you wouldn't realize it becase the place is small and off the beaten track.  My favorite Italian place bar none in the Northwest.

COOL! Good tip. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's been awhile since I've been there. But Vince's in Federal Way was pretty good.

I would have to disagree with you.  For each their own though.  I think Vinces food has no flavor.

There is a good italian restaurant in sumner off 410 at the bottom of the hill.  Its acoss the freeway from John Deer, in the same complex as QFC.

Verrizamos on Pac Hwy and 288th in Federal Way is good as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its acoss the freeway from John Deer

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There is a good italian restaurant in sumner off 410 at the bottom of the hill.  Its acoss the freeway from John Deer, in the same complex as QFC.

Aversano's - family friendly, good food, take-out pizza.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the nearest worthwhile one I know of is in Olympia. The next nearest one is in Mountain View, California.

And that is..?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I won't speak for authenticity but Lombardi's and Pasta Bella both in Ballard in Seattle are great.

If you are EVER near Lombardi's just go in and get the five cheese bread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1...Luca's is great......took my wife there on our anniversary last October......they have a homemade Sangria that is pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where is your favorite AUTHENTIC Italian restaurant in WA? (No, Olive Garden and other chain BS places don't count)...I'm always on the hunt for a good Pasta Carbonara or Veal Saltimboca or Marsalla.....mmmmm! Closest to me in the Snoqualmie Valley area thats good is Gionfranco's near the old railroad station in Snoqualmie.

WTF is wrong with the O Garden? Never ending salad and bread sticks and Widimeer HeferPissen you can't go wrong with that. When yer there, yer family even if you are a Gambino or a soprano!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with the O Garden? Never ending salad and bread sticks and Widimeer HeferPissen you can't go wrong with that. When yer there, yer family even if you are a Gambino or a soprano!

I have inside information that they take shortcuts that sacrifice food quality, mainly the heavy use of frozen components.  They're decent, and I have gone there on occasion, but if you want authentic, go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stuffed chicken fettucine...Mmmmm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I won't speak for authenticity but Lombardi's and Pasta Bella both in Ballard in Seattle are great.

+1

I can smell the roasted garlic from Lombardis from blocks away whenever I am in Ballard.

QA Hill used to have a pretty nice Italian joint named something like 'Pasta you Betcha' or something like that ( great food - small & cozy w/ a real fireplace in the dining room that set a great aptmosphere ).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There is a GREAT Italian place in North Bend called Robertiellos
The chef Blake makes the best pork ever!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stuffed chicken fettucine...Mmmmm

+1 for Alverzano's... I couldnt remember the name when I replied.

FYI- John Deer was a point of reference,  I dont own a tractor or even a place to use one, unlike some of you!   If I had a place and use for one, I would buy a John Deer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have inside information that they take shortcuts that sacrifice food quality, mainly the heavy use of frozen components.  They're decent, and I have gone there on occasion, but if you want authentic, go somewhere else.

I'm not cultured enough to appreaciate the difference!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Portofino, in Edmonds - small family restaurant   Pizza is incredible and the pasta very nice.

Bucca di Beppo, in Lynnwood -  this one is a chain but much better than Olive Gardens

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I can smell the roasted garlic from Lombardis from blocks away whenever I am in Ballard.

QA Hill used to have a pretty nice Italian joint named something like 'Pasta you Betcha' or something like that ( great food - small & cozy w/ a real fireplace in the dining room that set a great aptmosphere ).

+10,000 on lombardis  (I'm salivating like one of pavlov's dogs just thinking about it)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#26]
The absolute best Italian place to eat is Angelos in Burian.
Best steaks in the State also are at Angelos.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Marchello's and Chiao Bella, both in the U-district.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#28]
And nobody mentioned this one? Italian Spaghetti House has been at this location for over 30 years!
Get there early though, the big parking lot fills up fast every night!
Excellent wines too!
Italian Spaghetti House
9824 Lake City Way NE
(206) 523-2667
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#29]
That reminds me of the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Went there a couple tmes and they are not bad at all.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
That reminds me of the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Went there a couple tmes and they are not bad at all.  

While I wont say it out in the open (ask me face to face why) my Taxi experience taught me to never eat at Old Spaghetti Factory.

And I didnt know all these other places exist, afaik there is only one Italian Resturant in Seattle, Assaggios.

Paradiso in terra!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I wont say it out in the open (ask me face to face why) my Taxi experience taught me to never eat at Old Spaghetti Factory.

Looks like we need to meet.   Last time I went there (the Lynnwood branch) they were a little bit better than Olice Garden.  Maybe I was lucky?  

And I didnt know all these other places exist, afaik there is only one Italian Resturant in Seattle, Assaggios.

Paradiso in terra!

ETA.  Got the directions.  Did not notice the hotlink... duh  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That reminds me of the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Went there a couple tmes and they are not bad at all.  hr
OMG... I forgot about The Factory...

There is one on Pacific in Tacoma and one at the north end of the waterfront road in Seattle... I know there are more around and I've never had a bad meal there.  Reasonable prices also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Let me clarify. OSF downtown Seattle, on the corner of Broad & Elliot.

Imagine the worst thing I could tell you about a place, and trust me on the rest.

Ove rthe years I picked up literally thousands of people from Resturants, and grilled all of them on the whole dining experience.

BTW- While we are at it, short Taxi Drivers list of great dining-

Bring Platnium-

1) Canlis- 99 @ Aurora bridge
2) Pier 70 Waterfront
3) The Met (Steaks)
4) Palisades- Magnolia

Blue Collar Joe can eat here- Best kept secret in Seattle-

Pontis near Freemont. Technically in QA, Just SW of Freemont Bridge behind the funeral home.

Hit & Miss- Anthonys on the Waterfront, Wild Ginger & Space Needle. All 3 too damn expensive to still sell  bad meals.

Great view/good food- Rays in Ballard (Shilshole)

Best Thai- Tip Tum Thai QA

Worst place ever twice in a row- 13 coins Downtown.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#34]
best Pasta Carbonara i've had is from Pomodoro in seattle

http://www.pomodoro.net/

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#35]
If you think OSF is good italian, you should have your tongue ripped out with a set of pliers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Itailissamo(sp) in Woodinville,on the Woodinville/Duvall rd where the White Stallion used to be.Not cheap but very very good.Nice wine list and a great steak and lots of pasta dish's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top