Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:42:37 PM EDT
seatac's website is worthless when it comes to firearm regulation info.

it seems it is fine according to the RCW i read tonight, but i don't feel like walking all the way back to the parking garage if there is a sign posted of no firearms allowed on the way down to baggage pick up.

are any of you guys in the know on this topic?  Much thanks.

This is from WA state RCW site:
RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(e) The restricted access areas of a commercial service airport designated in the airport security plan approved by the federal transportation security administration, including passenger screening checkpoints at or beyond the point at which a passenger initiates the screening process. These areas do not include airport drives, general parking areas and walkways, and shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoints and that are normally open to unscreened passengers or visitors to the airport. Any restricted access area shall be clearly indicated by prominent signs indicating that firearms and other weapons are prohibited in the area.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Its right there in the RCW, and I pack all the way to the screening line. Always.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
good i just wanted to make sure. according to the rcw it is legal unless there is a sign posted.  

i'm going to pick up my girlfriend tonight and didn't feel like locking up in the car and going through the whole routine of back and forth.

thanks cav
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't have to go through a metal detector or get physically searched, it's legal.  Worldwide.  Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you right now that concealed mean concealed.  There are some imbeciles working up there, and I have seen them lie about things in order to try and look like a hero.

I do not trust them up there. Just remember to keep concealed and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can tell you right now that concealed mean concealed.  There are some imbeciles working up there, and I have seen them lie about things in order to try and look like a hero.

I do not trust them up there. Just remember to keep concealed and you should be fine.

i've heard a ton of horror stories about the TSA and general airport staff.  i don't trust their knowledge of the actual local and federal laws as far as i can thow a 50 pound weight.  

i found a number of horror stories of travelers and firearms. TSA were making illegal commands to leave firearm cases unlocked and not allowing owners to unlock the cases themselves or go to the inspection area where the cases are to be inspected.  again, all illegal according to federal law.  i was also shocked to find out that TSA staff will balk at printing out federal regulations and saying the printed law is wrong and they are right.    

i discovered these accounts while searching for the legality of ccw in baggage claim.  you would think the airport would make regualtions easily available at the seatac website...wrong.  i like to have my bases covered and i appreciate all the input on this thread.  i frequent a number of general forums, but this is one of the few that are local to the puget sound.

i picked up my girl without incident and it was nice not having to disarm in the car and lock up for a simple trip to the airport.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Very important.  You can carry all the way up to the metal detectors.  If you need to go through, just hold your firearm over you head while shouting "I've got a gun" so you don't surprise the screener by having the machine go off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Very important.  You can carry all the way up to the metal detectors.  If you need to go through, just hold your firearm over you head while shouting "I've got a gun" so you don't surprise the screener by having the machine go off.

Now that's some funny shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top