Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:35:21 PM EDT
OK....took at couple of pictures for you. Know I'm not the Hippy. My photo "knowledge" fits on the head of a pin. I just wanted those interested to see just a couple of shots of these guys work. The contact is Russ Tietje (pronounced TJ) at CR Impressions in the Fall City/Preston business park.
The phone is 425-829-3409...you can also call Lee at Fall City Firearms. I think I might have him etch a couple of lowers for me with some pie.

He can engrave just about ANY material......

Just a note for those interested, I was at Fall City Firearms today picking up a new toy. (New Colt AR) and there was a guy in the shop talking to Lee (The owner). Apparently this fellow had purchased a Laser Etching machine that bonds pictures, images, outlines etc into/on wood, plastic, aluminum and many types of other metals (other than blued). Lee had him laser etch a coyote/tree background on a pistol. It looked REALLY AWESOME. Anyway long story short, he purchased the machine for about 30K and is looking to do work for folks. I think he is going to have a number of different examples available at Fall City Firearms and possibly at WAC shows in the future. Just thought it might be of interest to some if you want to "customize" your lower with an emblem, picture, background etc. He didn't have a card on him, but Lee said he would put his info up at the store in the next couple of days. I think he's looking to charge about $15-$25 depending on the complexity etc. I'll be happy to keep anyone in the loop if interested.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope that's an hourly rate at least. Otherwise the first 1500 guns he does are for free! Must be a helluva machine.

OdT....
He actually said that the "engraving/bonding" process takes roughly 2-10 minutes total depending on the complexity of the design. I asked him for example how long it might take to put a USMC or Army logo on a lower and he said about 5 minutes max. Guess I should have stated that up front. We were laughing about it at the store and I asked him how many guns he would have to amortize to pay for his equipment and turn a profit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
There is our WA state group buy lowers right there.

Why didnt you hand over the pony for the team damnit??

See you next Sunday to break in your pony.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad to hear about this. I've been thinking about a little customization. I wouldn't mind having Mt Rainier as a logo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't mean to dump on your thread 1GH1 .... the math caught my attention is all. Capture some pics for us if it's possible.
Do you know if the machine is capable of embeleshing round surfaces too, or only flats?

OdT...
Don't know about the round surfaces or not. I'll see what more information I can get for you later this week. Coyote sounded interested as well. Bunny wants a Mt. Ranier---maybe a Ranier Beer symbol? I'll try and post something with the guys e-mail or phone number later this week with sample pics if I can get them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top