Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:04:02 PM EDT
So I'm trying to figure out how to make my way to Klamath Falls for Christmas, and don't have many ideas.  Amtrak seems to be pretty sold out, and I'd prefer to avoid Greyhound as much as possible (though if it comes down to it, that's what I'll have to do).

Anyways, just in case I can work something out, I figured I'd try to bum rides part of the way down.  Is there anyone headed in that general direction around Christmas time, that I could hitch-hike with?  I live on Ft. Lewis, and any steps along the way to K-Falls are better than taking those same bits by Greyhound.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you on this, but you should tell people your  
leave NET and return NLT dates.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point.
I can sign out on leave as early as the 20th and have to be back the 1st, but would like to be back like the 27th or so.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what NET and NLT mean, but let me know what your departure and return dates will be. I may be able to provide some of this transportation.

ETA:

Quoted:
Good point.
I can sign out on leave as early as the 20th and have to be back the 1st, but would like to be back like the 27th or so.

Oh. I work weekdays. If you wanted to return on the 31st and could get to Salem or Eugene I could probably drive down and give you a ride up to Lewis. I know of a New Years Eve party we could crash too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I wanna be back that early because I'm trying to get to a NYE party in VanCan, and then another one the next day (actually on NYE) in Seattle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know what NET and NLT mean

Not/No Earlier Than
Not/No Later Than
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I said in the OR thread, during the week I can provide transport between Eugene and Portland as long as I don't have to leave PDX prior to 5 PM and need to be back to PDX by 11 PM. So, if you get a ride down to PDX during the week, give me a hollar and I'll take you as far as Eugene. Same for the trip back, if it's during the week. I probably couldn't be to Eugene until about 7-8 PM for the return. If on the weekend, I could provide transport from PDX to Ft. Lewis, timing permitting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#8]
That's interesting ... when I was in school down there, they said the town got it's name from some geological evidence of a prehistoric waterfall, which no longer existed.  I believe "they" was some field-trip tour guide when I was in sixth grade.

These artificial falls were never mentioned, nor was the bit about the Link River.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Brian did you make it home?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Brian did you make it home?

I've not heard from him either.

Answer the woman!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately, no.  I couldn't get anything worked out, and greyhound was going to be a 22hr ride.  My folks just said don't worry about it, and I said I'd try to get down on a different weekend when trans wasn't full-up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm so sorry.  THat is so sad.  Patty
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I gave almost as early of warning as I could.  I think, had I not needed the reminder, I would have been able to give warning about a day, *maybe* two days sooner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to get home for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#16]
No big deal, I'll just make it down some other weekend when there's less stuff booked up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top