BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:14:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Caught the teaser for it... standing by...

WHOA.

PWA has gotten their FAL parts kits, that were confiscated, back from the feds.

7,000kits! $$$

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That and:

Children Find Loaded Gun At School

POSTED: 3:54 pm PDT September 13, 2005
UPDATED: 5:07 pm PDT September 13, 2005

Children found a loaded handgun near playground equipment at a Snohomish County elementary school Tuesday, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

The children, including an 8-year-old boy, found the Kel-Tech .32 caliber gun during a recess period at Machias Elementary School.

Snohomish County sheriff's deputies said the children reported it to adults at school, who called police.

Deputies will run the gun's serial number to try to find out how it got there.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it have Miracle Gro potty mix around?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Damm, we gotta do a PNW FAL build!!

Quoted:

WHOA.

7,000kits! $$$

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  Thanks for nominating yourself to head it up!

[team america] F' YEAH! [/team america]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure, Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor, my garage, then out to my range.
Get the kits.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sure, Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor, my garage, then out to my range.
Get the kits.

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the part where you link us to the receivers, kits and compliance parts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That and:

Children Find Loaded Gun At School

Snohomish County sheriff's deputies said the children reported it to adults at school, who called police.

Do you suppose some responsible parent, maybe even an NRA Member, has taught their kids about EDDIE EAGLE?
I wonder if anyone asked the kids about WHY they DID this:

STOP.
DON'T TOUCH.
LEAVE THE AREA.
TELL AN ADULT.

It would be a good thing if the NRA had a positive 'kids & guns' story to tell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

WHOA.

7,000kits! $$$

Fact or fiction?...

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Missed it, I don't usually catch KIRO.

I did hear Kirby refer to one of his guests "148 grain points" though. His guest was commenting on having a box of 147 grain jacketed hollow points for his travels around the disaster area.
Wasn't Kirby on the WAC board? He sounded silly, but I gave him the bennefit of the doubt as I thought he was a gun guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
True story.

Sweet!...

The only time in my life I will get a second chance to fix a mistake....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.pwa.com

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
True story.

Sweet!...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is PWA? And how much are the kits(if anyone knows, and it doesn't violate COC)?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
True story.

Sweet!...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is PWA? And how much are the kits(if anyone knows, and it doesn't violate COC)?

PW Arms.  

I'd not expect the parts kits to be cheap, given the current enforcement of import laws, once they hit the open market again.  

Illegal gun kits seized in Seattle suburb

06/19/2003

By PAT McREYNOLDS / KING 5 News and Wire Reports

REDMOND, Wash. – KING 5 has learned what triggered a federal raid at a Redmond warehouse. Court documents reveal agents found enough illegal machine gun kits to outfit a small army.

Federal laws are very clear. Any gun that can be readily restored to shoot more than one bullet with one pull of a trigger is illegal and considered a machine gun.

According to a search warrant filed in U.S. District Court, each kit consisted of a disassembled Brazilian-made FN FAL, a 20-round magazine and a bayonet. They were said to have come from an unnamed Chilean exporter who brokered the sale of Chilean army weaponry.

The FN FAL has been used as a battle rifle in more than 60 countries since 1947.

"Probably the most popular battle rifle ever made,” said John Clark, Wade’s Eastside Guns.

In order to legally ship the rifles to the United States, the fully automatic portion, or the piece that makes it a machine gun, has to be broken apart.

KING
John Clark, Wade's Eastside Guns, demonstrates the kind of weapon found.
But according to court documents obtained by KING 5 News, P.W. Arms Incorporated of Redmond imported more than 16,000 FN FAL’s, but made it easy to reassemble into fully automatic machine guns that led to the seizure of nearly 8,000 gun kits from PW’s warehouse, plus computers, discs and documents earlier this week.

The court papers say P-W Arms of Redmond got them for $84 apiece while they were being advertised in gun trade magazines for 250 dollars each.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms have refused to comment on the seizure from the P-W Arms warehouse on Tuesday.

"We are taking the steps to investigate what we believe may be a violation of the federal firearms laws and we're going to take our time and do a thorough investigation," said Matt Horace, ATF Assistant Special Agent.

According to gun dealers, the FN FAL is popular among enthusiasts, although not the most practical for hunting.

"They're a relatively easy gun to shoot, there's always a certain romance and mystique with a gun that looks like a military rifle,” said Clark.

But that’s also the concern – thousands of machine guns ready to sell and assemble can easily attract buyers with sinister plans.

"It's pretty obvious what the dangers of automatic weapons can and have been in the past,” said Horace.

ATF has not charged anyone so far. Many of the rifles were stored and sold in other states.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, I called P-W Arms, the phone number says they are not accepting calls, but I did leave a message.

They do have another phone contact number for "Dan's Sporting Goods" or "Dan's Ammo" out of  Apollo, PA.

Anyone have an inside line with them?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149180&highlight=renton

Great, there goes that kidney replacement I wanted to spend my money on.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Bob of Akron Armory has also mentioned the FAL kits here in his AK kit sales thread.  He was up here in WA working with PWA on them over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
OK, I called P-W Arms, the phone number says they are not accepting calls, but I did leave a message.

They do have another phone contact number for "Dan's Sporting Goods" or "Dan's Ammo" out of  Apollo, PA.

Anyone have an inside line with them?

Let me know how this goes.  I would like to do a FAL build.  Would be nice to get our hands on one here in WA before they depart the AO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a couple to build already but I could always use more.  What kind of kits are they?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have a couple to build already but I could always use more.  What kind of kits are they?

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/wombatslayer/kits.jpg

As soon as I recover the DNA off of my keyboard.......I'll tell ya!

Nice collection of "pieces/parts"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top