Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:00:36 PM EDT
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148262

I was looking in the Sportsmans Guide website for some AR-15 accessories and found a good price on a cantalevered A2 mount. But guess what, the damn thing can not be shipped to Washington State! Why is it that i can't buy a lousey scope mount on line but I can go to a gun show and buy anything I want. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS CRAP AND WHO MAKES THESE FUCKED UP DECISIONS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WHO MAKES THESE FUCKED UP DECISIONS?

Sportsmans Guide is the only one who made that decision.

RCW 9.41.190 certainly doesn't apply to a scope mount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed SG some time ago about a similar item they had listed as restricted for WA.  The response I got back basically said their lousy, over-paid, under-educated lawyers told them the items are restricted.  They don't seem to comprehend the law here, where is states "exclusively for a machine gun."  I'm done with SG.  Any company that retarded, hiring lawyers that stupid, doesn't deserve a dime of my money......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, S.G. is just like that, I tried to order a detatchable carry handle mount and got the same response.  I E-mailed them and got the "well maybe it's a law that was just overturned or something BS".  I got the same thing when I tried to order a M1 garand barrel from them too, an m1 barrel! geez, I mean come on! how brain dead can you get? They are quite possibly the stupidest, most ignorant  mail-0order company that deals with firearms parts that I have ever had the misfortune to run into.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sportsmans Guide has always been the  J. C. Whitney  of  gundom in my mind.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran into the same problem when I lived up there when I wanted to order a few of the polymer 9mm AR15 mags. I decided right then that I was done with SG too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top