Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:59:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same questions some time back.

Basically, there are alot of responsible adults present.  Yes there were numerous kids about, but they were properly supervised.  People placed tents in some designated areas.  Drinking took place..but it wasn't around people wielding firearms.  Remember, many of our members are prior service or LEO....

I wouldn't participate in anything that caused me concern.  Having been to one, I plan on going to future events.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
We shoot all day, some of us until dark. Then some of the people imbibe a little. If they imbibe earlier, we discourage them from shooting. There are wimminz and chillen's present, so we keep a lid on it all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Recognizing that there are many new people showing up, I've actually started this week to write up some of the "rules" based on the half-dozen or so shoots I've been to.  

Look for me to post something in a couple days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Recognizing that there are many new people showing up, I've actually started this week to write up some of the "rules" based on the half-dozen or so shoots I've been to.  

Look for me to post something in a couple days.

kidding!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
What caused the truck "incident" has been corrected, and shouldn't happen again. It was from flying debris caused by tannerite and a metal target. We no longer allow any type of potential shrapnel around tannerite, and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
How late can we shoot?  I'm planning on bringing some tracers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tracers go after dark but, not too late. After dark, guns and kids should sleep.

+1
Not to cut into your fun, but after a dinner and a few "cocktails" my opinion is NO GUNS WHATSOEVER. PERIOD!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are too concerned you could always just show up for the day shoot on Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you are too concerned you could always just show up for the day shoot on Saturday.

+1

I've been to 3 now and I have only been around durring Saturday's festivities due to having a family at home that I don't like being away from. Try it for the day to get the feel for it, the drive isn't bad and the people are good folks. When the kids are old enough I'd likie to take them with me for the night.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1

I know how you feel about the whole gun-totin' stranger bit.  This isn't some public range type thing however. While this is a group of yahoos with guns I haven't seen any yahoo behaviour when firearms are present. Although, the fact there are SO many people with guns might be responsible for that.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#15]
When i first started going to the shoots it was to shoot and see what everyone else had. Now im to the point I just like to show up and BS/drink with everyone. I think I shot 3 mags at the last shoot. The one before that I didnt put one round down range. Hangovers and bad sleeping arangements have limited my last two outings to one night but I should be in better shape for the next shoot(got better gear this time).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tracers go after dark but, not too late. After dark, guns and kids should sleep.

+1
Not to cut into your fun, but after a dinner and a few "cocktails" my opinion is NO GUNS WHATSOEVER. PERIOD!

No worries from me pal.  I'm not really a drinker, except for soda, juice and water.  My BIGGEST concern is not getting raped at the poker table!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My BIGGEST concern is not getting raped at the poker table!  

I would honestly have to say I think this is the biggest danger present.

There is never anyone exempt from being called out by the group for whatever they are even thinking about doing that is unsafe, and its always given and taken quite well.

There is a lot of room for all activities, the range is on one far side, and parking and camping is on the other side.

Surprisingly it seems to run quite smoothly for having no stone hard rules and guidelines. And as they said, the thing that caused the truck thing was something I think all present thought would be safe, and Murphy snuck in and proved maybe it wasnt. Short of creating hard and fast rules (Something I think most are kinda prideful there arent), th tannerite/propane tank thing has been highly discouraged, to the point if you even tried to think about it you would probably hear a group, "NOOOOOOOOOOO".

Like scrun said, everone seems to turn into instant Uncles, and I actually think the kids are good for the group in more ways than one.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Like scrun said, everone seems to turn into instant Uncles, and I actually think the kids are good for the group in more ways than one.

Oh, SLAVE BOY!!!! (sometimes being a teenager can just suck, though)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#19]
We make it a family event( 2 kids), and all of us look forward to going down to it.

If you are not confortable you can always leave, your not locked in. My best advise may be show up at the RP early and visit with the others that show up early, you can get a good idea of who you will be shooting/BS'ing with. When we went to our first shoot, we showed up early at the RP in Chehalis, visited, visited some more, some of us told lies, wondered where our pick up man was and visited some more. By the time we got to the pit I had a pretty good idea that there shouldn't be any problems.

DD
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We make it a family event( 2 kids), and all of us look forward to going down to it.

If you are not confortable you can always leave, your not locked in. My best advise may be show up at the RP early and visit with the others that show up early, you can get a good idea of who you will be shooting/BS'ing with. When we went to our first shoot, we showed up early at the RP in Chehalis, visited, visited some more, some of us told lies, wondered where our pick up man was and visited some more. By the time we got to the pit I had a pretty good idea that there shouldn't be any problems.

DD

Who led you out? Oh, and why would you enter from the wrong side?

Need someone to show you how to get to/from Raymond?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DD

I passed DD the lat/long some time ago. IIRC a guy with a white Chevy pickup that had a fresh dent was supposed to show up at the appointed time.
Who was it lead us on the goat chase? Past that coyote way too many times!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Some fellow in a white chev that  just came back form the Willapa 500 off road race or something like that.
 And it was my first to the LCR, so I had to do something wrong.

And I knew how to get to Raymond, its a nice little town, isn't it

DD
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DD

I passed DD the lat/long some time ago. IIRC a guy with a white Chevy pickup that had a fresh dent was supposed to show up at the appointed time.
Who was it lead us on the goat chase? Past that coyote way too many times!!!

I believe my wife had a part in the goat chase.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top