Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 9:54:58 AM EDT
You should see this new  mapping softwear I have at work now, When you call your house comes up on the screen with address,name,phone number. I can zoom in with airial Photo's,USGS, or street maps. Im guessing most of the pics are less then 5 years old, the pic of my house is only 2.  You can see bulldozer tracks out at Strats house when he was building his range. ( You should have smiled for the picture dude!). I can click onto a house and get the name of the owner, who's police and fire area it belongs to.  If you are on a cellphone for now I can see what cell tower you are hitting, and the cell co. gives a general area you are in. (not worth a squat), but when Phase II is up and running, I will be able to track you to the foot. ( I will also be getting rid of my cellphone, cuz Im paranoid like that) Where ever I move my mouse I get Lat/Lon for the spot, and I can get distance....

Here is one for you all to try and figure out..

parking area is ....

Lat:  48.11327

Lon: 121.88434

Shooting area...

Lat: 48.11337
Lon: 121.88368

Shooting from South to North you have 81.2 yards from the line to the backstop

Shooting to the first little hill on the east side of the pit, is 50 yds.

If you were to shoot from west to east on the backside of the pit behind the little hill you will have 67.3 yards to shoot and if you shoot from the enterence of the pit west to east it is 50 yards to the backstop...

This program is awesome, I just wish I had a printer at my position at work so I could print up really good color maps. I have been spending all my downtime at work just plotting my shooting spots with the air photos, it is awesome!

For those of you who want to know where the cedar ponds pit is...

Lat: 47.79204
Lon: 121.82235

You have 65.3 yards by 26.2 yards (kinda small but good enough for a 25m zero range.)

My "secret spot" is in that area also, I wont give the grid, but it is 210 yds by 240 yards nice and flat and a little bit of a hike in on foot to get to. If you do a little searching with some of the regular mapping softwear on the net you should be able to find it.

Strat your range from the treeline to the big tree next to your burm was showing 200.1 yards, and it seems that the barn is the structure on your property that is addressed..(I guess some people really do live in a barn!)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
well im glad to see my tax dollars hard at work finding you a new spot to shoot at.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the GF pit.  Do I win a prize?  Like using you as a reference on my job app.?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
well im glad to see my tax dollars hard at work finding you a new spot to shoot at.

Shut up, or I will post pic's of your backyard!

J/K

That is the beauty, if you live in Sno Co. the tax you pay to the fire/police are the ones paying for it, I dont work for a Govt. agency, Our Company is private, funded by the user depts on a per call basis. The depts pay a lump at the start of the year, and since we are non-profit they get the unused money back at the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's the GF pit.  Do I win a prize?  Like using you as a reference on my job app.?

It was not that hard to figure out.

You dont want to use me as a ref, then you run the risk of me not being able to sit on your interview, or be your training dude.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh!  Who are you again?  

As for my prize can I shoot your M-1 Carbine next time it's out?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh!  Who are you again?  

As for my prize can I shoot your M-1 Carbine next time it's out?

anyone  of you guys/hippy's can shoot any of my rifles, anytime we are at a shoot. all you have to do is ask, or drool, or point and laugh......

BTW: the name is BIFF....BIFF POKAROBA!, member of PETA,VPC, and FOTT.

and the pit is not in Granite Falls, it is in Robe!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Google has a new software you can download that shows satellite photos of anywhere in the World.   Some places have high-def photos loaded (all the US and several other countries or cities there).   It's really cool.   I checked my house and the photo was about 2 years old.

Check Earth Google @ http://earth.google.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top