User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:31:19 AM EDT
If we could prevent just ONE axe murder:

bit graphic:
www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/17262526?source=Evening%20Standard&ct=5

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
too bad noone had a firearm to help that poor victim...............
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
[sarcasm]Last time I was in Wal-Mart, the axes, hatchets and hammers were not in any sort of protective locked case.  Furthermore, there was no background check or licensing required.  Any child could potentially walk into Wal-Mart, Freddie's, Home Depot, etc. and plop down $9.99 for one of these savage weapons of death.  Remember, these were the original preferred lethal weapons of warriors for thousands of years--even before the advent of firearms.  Maybe we should start a letter-writing campaign to get these horrid death tools strictly regulated.  I think Senators Kline and Kohl-Welles would get onboard.  

Don't even get me started on those "assault-style" serrated steak knives, baseball bats, meat cleavers, ball-point pens and tree branches.  [/sarcasm]

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember the northwest case where the murderer chopped up his victim with an axe and then took the axe back to the store and got his money back, they found the victims blood on the axe still on the store shelf and convicted the perp with it.

Common implements like rocks and sticks and tools are used ten times more often than firearms. old fbi stats.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Remember the northwest case where the murderer chopped up his victim with an axe and then took the axe back to the store and got his money back, they found the victims blood on the axe still on the store shelf and convicted the perp with it.

Common implements like rocks and sticks and tools are used ten times more often than firearms. old fbi stats.

No, but I remember the old lady from Whidbey Island who shot her husband to death and either dismembered and incinerated him or ground him into sausage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but I remember the old lady from Whidbey Island who shot her husband to death and either dismembered and incinerated him or ground him into sausage.

Wonder what the sausage tasted like?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spotted owl!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spotted owl!

O.K., that is pretty good sausage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#8]
y'all realize this was in England right?  not Washington?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yea, but we are in the midst of fighting gun legislation right now, and I thought it would be good satire.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just two days ago a son buried the hatchet in his father's head, this happened locally here in western washington.
Local news covered it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just two days ago a son buried the hatchet in his father's head, this happened locally here in western washington.
Local news covered it.

I'm really not looking forward to moving to Western Washington.

It keeps me awake at night. Really. I can't sleep thinking about the loss of freedom impending.

Then again, I'll have the money to exercise that freedom - something missing from my life for four years.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local news covered it.

I'm really not looking forward to moving to Western Washington.

It keeps me awake at night. Really. I can't sleep thinking about the loss of freedom impending.

Then again, I'll have the money to exercise that freedom - something missing from my life for four years.

Wow, if you're really that stressed about all the freedoms you'll supposedly be losing, maybe you should reconsider your decisions. The only real loss I can see is some of the Class III toys. Select fire weapons and short barreled rifles to be specific. Otherwise, freedomwise I don't think there is currently really all that much difference between Idaho and Washington. The main differences are going to lie in living in an area that is heavily populated, congested, and has a high cost of housing but with more high paying job opportunities vs an area that is sparsely populated, more relaxed, with lower cost of housing but fewer job opportunities to earn a comfortable living.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow, if you're really that stressed about all the freedoms you'll supposedly be losing, maybe you should reconsider your decisions. The only real loss I can see is some of the Class III toys. Select fire weapons and short barreled rifles to be specific. Otherwise, freedomwise I don't think there is currently really all that much difference between Idaho and Washington. The main differences are going to lie in living in an area that is heavily populated, congested, and has a high cost of housing but with more high paying job opportunities vs an area that is sparsely populated, more relaxed, with lower cost of housing but fewer job opportunities to earn a comfortable living.

I'm pretty sure Washington is going down the path of California in regards to an AWB; that's what I meant by impending loss of freedom. Currently, you're right, Class III stuff is the major difference.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Crap, I'd better run out and buy a couple shortys!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Crap, I'd better run out and buy a couple fortys!  

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Washington is going down the path of California in regards to an AWB

in regards to the AWB and everything else... Kalifornication..don't ya love it?

Anyways, congrats on the new job Ryan!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top