Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 9:09:32 PM EDT
Hey all,

I'm all about slowly getting our rights back via subversion.  Do you think under the guise of noise pollution and urban sprawl, we could get the silencer law amended to allow use of a silencer on a range?

Just a thought.

BoB
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you would have better luck by useing WSHA and OSHA regulations on hearing protection...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think you would have better luck by useing WSHA and OSHA regulations on hearing protection...

Good idea.

Since our illlustrious governor, Christine Gregorie, has waived the States Sovereign Immunity, sue and claim that their restriction on suppressors is causing you bodily harm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget to mention that farmers can't control pests without scaring neighbors, and that LEO can't use them either.

1)  They use the LEO angle for everything they can to take things away, use it back at them.  

2)  Farmers are still considered important outside of King County.

3)  Noise pollution.

4)  Sound Sup contain the debris that could otherwise go into the ground and contaminate water.

5)  They make pistols longer, which makes them harder to conceal, and less likely to ever be used in a crime.

Thats about all I can come up with for now....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Someday!

My local LEO was anti Suppressor untill about a month ago, when he had a sudden change of heart.

now, all my forms are in, and I'm starting my waiting period...

Maybe slowly... but surely... things will change!!!

just keep calling, and let them know the truth!

-Jason
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Or we could bring focus to the issue and then allow the legislature to totally fuck it up for us!  There is currently no exemption for LE, but if we bitch about the current law loud enough, I bet they re-write it so that LE is exempted, but us average citizens are not.  Currently, it is more of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  Sure, you can't go down to Wade's and use an Outback, but what about "un-improved" ranges like wooded areas, etc.?  I know it is far from ideal, but the risk/reward just isn't there in this case.  

The problem with OSHA it is for OCCUPATIONAL Health and Safety, not recreational.  Most, if not all OSHA standards aren't applied to average citizens or their hobbies.  Don't underestimate our opponents, they are smart cookies.  They'll say, "You are right, under OSHA, we should allow suppressors for those that need them in their job, which is really only Law Enforcement.  So we re-wrote the law and exempted them.  THANK YOU for pointing that out to us." They could even take out the ambiguity that allowed us to own them via the AG's opinion.  Then we'd really be fucked, no?

But, that is just my opinion.  Now, where's Strat.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, owning one without being able to use it is an expensive recipe for a paperweight.

BoB
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Personally, owning one without being able to use it is an expensive recipe for a paperweight.

BoB

I live about 2 minutes from OREGON.... .just a simple form sent to the ATF, and I can use it across "The river"

-Jason
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BoB

I live about 2 minutes from OREGON.... .just a simple form sent to the ATF, and I can use it across "The river"

-Jason

Actually, you don't need to file any forms with ATF to transport AOWs or suppressors across state lines.  Only SBRs, SBSs and full auto need to have the form filled out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Or we could bring focus to the issue and then allow the legislature to totally fuck it up for us!  There is currently no exemption for LE, but if we bitch about the current law loud enough, I bet they re-write it so that LE is exempted, but us average citizens are not.  Currently, it is more of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

I have to agree with Scolllins on this one.  With the current climate in Olympia, it would be foolish to call attention to something that the average idiot liberal already believes is illegal.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It is going to depend on what Govenor we end up with.  I would like to see the SBR return as well, but I'm not holding my breath....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#12]
[king co dims]If guns are so loud that they are causing problems, we will just outlaw guns!  End of problem.[/king co dims]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top