Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 12:10:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nuke waste ? some more won't hurt that much and more money is a good thing.

Charter schools? while I like CS, gov involvement is a bad thing, the money always comes with strings attached that then pulls cable through and next thing you know you've lost the whole works.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with No on 297 and Yes on 55.  I bought in to the arguement that the state would lose contracts with other states to take our other hazardous waste if we quit taking their nuke material.  I voted for charter schools because kids are idiots now days and can use all the help they can get.  It won't pass anyway though....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i agree with whiskey. i voted the same.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Damage is already done with the waste, so why push it off onto another clean area and screw it up..

CS, well that is a tough one for me, my children will be going to the Christian School, or Home School, I think I still need to think on that one, but im leaning twds yes...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just dump it in Lewis County.

Quoted:
Damage is already done with the waste, so why push it off onto another clean area and screw it up..
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just dump it in Lewis County.

Quoted:

I see 1GR getting ready to send you to hell..

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i agree with whiskey. i voted the same.

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Why wouldn't we want to accept nuclear waste? I mean it's not like the tri-cities are good for anything else. Plus, the radiation probably helps to offset all the inbreeding down there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I went with No on 297 and Yes on 55.  I bought in to the arguement that the state would lose contracts with other states to take our other hazardous waste if we quit taking their nuke material.  I voted for charter schools because kids are idiots now days and can use all the help they can get.  It won't pass anyway though....

Ditto here...  297 was about LAWSUITs more than about watse.  I think the lawyers are trying to open up a new cash cow with this bullshit.

55 seems good to me.  We would not be eligable BUT anything that promotes competition for the public schools could instill a desire for them to excel.  The arguments I have heard against have seemed completely lame.

I voted last week.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I rejected 55.  
I agreed that the public money they spent (their funding) is excused from being accountable to taxpayers.

I also shot down 884.  I'm sick of them screaming for money when they can work a little more to streamline existing public schools.  At OHS they just spent a whole bunch of money for computer systems that people STILL haven't figured out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Voted no on nuke waste because what they have there already is contained in leaky systems and a potential hazard to begin with, why add Californica waste...we get enough of that with all the move-ins already.

CS, voted no because the past several tax measures promised to apply the funds into schools and wound up in the general fund.

Railgun....

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
CS, voted no because the past several tax measures promised to apply the funds into schools and wound up in the general fund.

Same here. Also, Charter schools would be a step in the right direction, but it's not the best answer.

I'll hold out for a better offer, so to speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top