Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 10:07:48 AM EDT
Just wanted to get a feel about how all the Deer Hunters  did?  I got a 3 point (6 back east) Whitetail out near Pullman on some Private land on Saturday morning.  Rem 700 30'06 at ~170 yards downhill. One shot and he dropped where I hit him. The butcher shop had a lot of hangers so I think it was a good opener. The weather could have been better cause I go soaked.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
no one in the camp I was at had gotten anything more than a coyote. one of the guys with me shot at a 3x2 mulie, but I think he missed. we searched all over that hillside and never found a drop of blood.

I just saw does/fawns and a moose.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Did you guys see the moose hanging from the power lines?  Picture in the Seattle P-I.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you guys see the moose hanging from the power lines?  Picture in the Seattle P-I.

not in the PI....what day was that? so I can see if the pic is online
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw 3 Doe's on saturday, and yesterday I saw 5 does and a fawn...

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw 10 does and 4 spikes. I was dissapointed because my son and I both took 3 points off some private land over by Chelan last year. Oh well, there is always next weekend. Unfortunately, My son cannot go. I guess I'll be going by myself.

And Sunday...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
HOT TIP:  Exotic Meat Store!

Works for fishing trips, too.

WHY come home empty-handed, when the hunted flesh is there, even if YOU didn't bring it home?!

"Didn't kill or catch anything today?  SO WHAT!  Eat it anyway!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
well... my 4 day hunt in Eastern WA, turned up empty handed...

I did sneak up on a heard of Elk, (scared me and them shitless) almost stepped on two of the biggest rabbits I have ever seen, and almost ran over a bobcat on the way out.

It rained, it snowed, it was waaay below freezing the entire trip, and the terrain was like walking up and down Mt Hood. (did I mention the wind was blowing so hard that the top of the tent was touching the ground when it blew, and it would bounce back up when it stopped?)

I had a BLAST.

too bad I didnt get any deer..

-Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top