Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:19:13 PM EDT
So now that I have a little extra disposible income, I thought I would go ahead and submit my application for a CPL.  And I was just curious what to expect when I go to apply?  I am a non-resident student, I've read up on the info at the packing.org WA site, but how long does the process take?  I want to say 60 days or something?  Thanks for any info.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine in about a month or less.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine took 3 days.  But I think that's abnormal.  They told me when I applied that it would be 30-90 days.

3 days after filling out forms and getting fingerprinted, they called me.   I think they had me sign the form that they type all the info on.  But then they typed someone else's info on the one with my signature.

So I went to the PD, they had a new one with my info typed on it.  I signed it, they handed it back to me, apologized for the hassle, and recommended that I get it laminated.  

I was expecting the 30-90 days to restart after signing the form again, and was shocked that it was done so quick.

Wouldn't surprise me if a non-resident took longer than a resident.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Submitting my CPL application. What do expect?  

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Expect to fill out a form
Expect to pay money, $60, , usually cash only IIRC
Expect to be fingerprinted.

Expect them to take up to 60 days to issue your CPL.

I expect you to make sure you know the rules about firearms on your campus.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It took 30 days in the city of Searrle, had to go downtown, get fingerprinted, pay the money then wait. Now the good part is renewals are done same day and only happen every 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I expect you to make sure you know the rules about firearms on your campus.

Most definately.  I live off campus this year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I do believe, and correct me if Im wrong.. but doesn't WA St. law say the issuing authority has 30 days to come up with a legitimate reason NOT to issue you one(ie: criminal)... or they have to issue one at the end of 30 days.   Seems to be the last I heard about CWP in Washington State.

~D~
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I do believe, and correct me if Im wrong.. but doesn't WA St. law say the issuing authority has 30 days to come up with a legitimate reason NOT to issue you one(ie: criminal)... or they have to issue one at the end of 30 days.   Seems to be the last I heard about CWP in Washington State.

~D~

He's a non-resident, they get 60 days, the same for if you are a WA resident but haven't lived in WA for more than 90 days.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Right on... I must have missed the  non-rtesident part  ~D~
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#10]
What if you moved to another county?  Do you need to get a new CPL card?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What if you moved to another county?  Do you need to get a new CPL card?

I don't believe so. Its state issued, after all.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
As a non-resident you also have to apply in person. Well, everybody does. Checking packing.org for all the details on CCW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top