Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 3:09:22 PM EDT
I am stationed at the puget sound naval base right now, what kinda gun related events go on around here? And where is a good place to go shooting?

thanks -Robert
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know where puget sound naval base is exactly. what kind of shooting are you into? there are lots of ranges to shoot at, and each runs their own different types of matches: smallbore, ipsc, idpa, highpower, benchrest........

you should come to our shoot we are having in 2 weeks. the thread is tacked at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also some Tactical shooting if your into that. F Class long range, long range and Palma type stuff on that side.

How far do you want travel?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
FNRL at Wades was cool, I went once and missed it yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
RA, squid huh?

I grew up in Bremerton and live close to there now. The closest range is Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. I was there today. Rifle range out to 150 yards with a small area out to 200. Seperate pistol range. Both covered. They have several three sided berms that they have IPSC and steel competitions in. Usually at least 6 different stages. The IPSC and steel shoots usually slow down in the winter. They also have bullseye shooting. There is IPSC "practice" every Tuesday night.

KRRC
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
So are you at Naval Base Bremerton, Bremerton Naval Shipyard or Subase Bangor?

I hate this base consolidation shit.

Pretty soon it'll be Naval Base Puget Sound - Whidbey, Everett, Subase, Bangor and the Shipyard all rolled into one.
Just like the base paper.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
IDPA at Renton Fish & Game Club - 3rd Saturday of every month.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]
KA3B

They managed to pull it off in San Diego. North Island and NAB Coronado are now considered one base.

And of course, you have Whidbey, which is really 2 bases. Ault Field and Seaplane Base.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So are you at Naval Base Bremerton, Bremerton Naval Shipyard or Subase Bangor?

I hate this base consolidation shit.

Pretty soon it'll be Naval Base Puget Sound - Whidbey, Everett, Subase, Bangor and the Shipyard all rolled into one.
Just like the base paper.

Can they just close Scoop Jackson's pet pork barrel project Naval Station Everett, please?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh I know it.
I just don't like it.
Just like NAS Point Mugu and NCBC Port Hueneme are now Navy Base Ventura.
They are still two separate and unique entities.

Ault Field, Seaplane Base Whidbey, Outlying Field Coupville and the Boardman Range make up present day NAS Whidbey Island.

Like I said, it's not going to be too long before everything Navy in the Northwest is called Navbase Puget Sound.

Quoted:
KA3B

They managed to pull it off in San Diego. North Island and NAB Coronado are now considered one base.

And of course, you have Whidbey, which is really 2 bases. Ault Field and Seaplane Base.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
***You guys are walking dagerously close to hijacking this thread.***

Welcome to town and I hope you get more shooting in than I do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
bigern is going for moderator status!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
bigern is going for moderator status!

My brother was accused of trying to become a mod here, for telling people to stop posting pics and stories of their illegal shit.

Bigerns not a mod, he's a hall monitor
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top