Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 4:04:43 PM EDT
Just as I was getting out of the truck this morning at work, BR mentioned the media whore thread, then went to commercial.  

What was his take on the thread? Hopefully he realizes that being a media whore is not dependant upon having a vagina.

JAFO now thinks he is a moron due to his poor representation of himself while talking to BR. I miss all the good stuff!

Who gave up arfcom to BR anyway?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh shit, someone tell me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You did it CJ, you just weren't paying attention when you did it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You did it CJ, you just weren't paying attention when you did it.

I forgot what I was gonna type. I'm bored. I'm gonna go for a run
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
R-32, now that was some fucking awesome self ownage!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
R-32, now that was some fucking awesome self ownage!

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I think R32 is right to be skeptical and should not opologize for a reasonable response to a media interview, I understand the desire of civic duty minded {gun culture} to recruit a sympathetic voice in the media, but at what cost, just because a small time talk radio hosts assistant didnt betray the gun culture in this particular interview doesn't mean they will not do so in the future and open up the naive to a catastrophic attack by larger and more powerful media source, on the account of just one small time positive experience.

Realism the parent of cynacism.

Watch your six and don't get comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, you guys are out there.

I invited Kaci to come to either a GF pit shoot or to an indoor range with us.
I didn't mention 1Gunrunner's offer either....

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't belong to any secret sub-cultures. I'm living my life on the surface, people can bitch and moan all they please. There is nothing for the media to reveal. All of our embarrassments get full press already. Shooting site pollution, criminal use of firearms, shady dealers, it's all out there already.  All we can hope to do is gain acceptance from the mainstream. The healthier we look, the less we will be feared.

I don't make a point of publicly speaking about conversations I've had with my friends, unless they specifically give me permission. I sure didn't direct the media to R-32's thread, I just never would. It's just not OK to blab about what your friends choose to share with you. But let's face it, if you post it on an open forum on the internet, you better be ready to take the heat.  Since people were wearing ar15.com t-shirts, it wouldn't take a newsreporter long to find it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think R32 is right to be skeptical and should not opologize for a reasonable response to a media interview, I understand the desire of civic duty minded {gun culture} to recruit a sympathetic voice in the media, but at what cost, just because a small time talk radio hosts assistant didnt betray the gun culture in this particular interview doesn't mean they will not do so in the future and open up the naive to a catastrophic attack by larger and more powerful media source, on the account of just one small time positive experience.

Realism the parent of cynacism.

Watch your six and don't get comfortable.

He didn't just trash media in general. He made specific comments about the girl. That is what they concentrated on this morning. It didn't bother me much that they were talking about his comments directly and I doubt it bothers him. It bothered me that they were trying to say he was the voice of the firearms enthusiast community.

What I said about Kaci, was not very polite, In fact in the way that I did it was flatassed  wrong!...

I will say Im sorry for that...

The fact that the BR show would send Kaci out into what they know is a very hot topic, Knowing how the firearms community feels about the wrap they get from the Media says a lot to me still. However For them to try paint the picture that I am the "Voice of the firearms enthusiast community" makes me think they were on a "fishing trip" and in this case Im the sucker that got caught. They got what they were looking for. a sucker!

I as you all know am in no way the " Voice of the firearms enthusiast community" I am but a very small part, that makes mistakes just like anyone else, I have made my contributions in other ways, and am a lot stronger for the situation that came of this...

I still will not trust the Media, I still think that this was something for entertainment value for the BR show, and not just a " News story".

I will also still buy the Twisted Christmas C.D. (It is funny as hell)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nope R-32 isnt the voice of the community,  hes just a salami taster from california.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope R-32 isnt the voice of the community,  hes just a salami taster from california.

I think CK has been hitting the cough syrup again...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
whatever sausage eater!

Goto bed, I hold the jackass title for the day...

Your starting to take the lead...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#18]
R-32, you ought to email an apology to Kaci, maybe they will read that on the air.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow! Bob Rivers, eh? He used to be on WIYY in Baltimore years ago. Is he still funny?

BTW - The whole "twisted tunes" thing started while he was here. The station still plays them sometimes...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:07:03 AM EDT
[#21]
www.jetcityimprov.com/kaci.html

Kaci Aitchison's nickname is "Shooter".

Interesting, can't believe what I heard on the radio yesterday. A perfect chance to cultivate a dialog with a media/comedy show if the right tack was employed. er perhaps kindness and patience doesn't fit well here....

Railgun....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#22]
My brother now lives in Vancouver and drives all over the state as a construction electrician. He thinks Bob Rivers is a Democrat, anti-gun asshole. Is he right?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Naive doesn't begin to describe this thread, experience is a harsh teacher but a fool will learn in no other.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
<insert CavVet's breakfast pic here>

This one.....

This one.....

Or this one....

ETA: Yes, those are filet mignon in the last two pics.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn Cav, that was a good ass breakfast....................
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#26]
OK 1Gumrunner, I sent the entire staff of the Bob River's show an invitation to attend the next LCR shoot. Just for you sweetcheeks.

Quoted:
WTF - The offer was to bring her to an LCR Shoot and you take it upon yourself change it?

She doesn't have to sleep in my bed, it has several racks.  She doesn't have to sleep in my RV, I have access to more...She could have her own.  Hell she doesn't have to even stay the night, although to get the full affect of an LCR Shoot it is recommended <insert CavVet's breakfast pic here>

Now you guys go and piss off Bob Rivers, I have enjoyed his work for years.  Although, I have not listened to him since he left KISW.  Dirty Deeds has always had special meaning down here

Instead of just inviting the girl, wht don't you invite the whole crew?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
OK 1Gumrunner, I sent the entire staff of the Bob River's show an invitation to attend the next LCR shoot. Just for you sweetcheeks.

Ok, my 02 here.

Nothing good can come of this. Think of that tannerite pic then say timber.

They are the media, and if some reports are right, anti-gun.

I wont be at any shoot the media is at. Period.

They are the anti gun lying fuckers that we, the nation, watched tell lies and mor elies, screaming big lies. Remember CNN with a sheriff an AK 47 FA and a concrete block?

Nothing good can come of this, you guys are going to play with fire and get fucking burnt. Next thing we know we will have a fucking state AWB, and it will be all done from the hands of the gunowners.

Nothing good can come from this. Its like extending an olive branch to a suicide bomber.

Nothing good can come of this.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, my 02 here.

Nothing good can come of this. Think of that tannerite pic then say timber.

They are the media, and if some reports are right, anti-gun.

I wont be at any shoot the media is at. Period.

They are the anti gun lying fuckers that we, the nation, watched tell lies and mor elies, screaming big lies. Remember CNN with a sheriff an AK 47 FA and a concrete block?

Nothing good can come of this, you guys are going to play with fire and get fucking burnt. Next thing we know we will have a fucking state AWB, and it will be all done from the hands of the gunowners.

Nothing good can come from this. Its like extending an olive branch to a suicide bomber.

I guess that it is no secret that I agree 100%...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, my original offer was to have Kaci and her signifigant other (if she has one) to come to a GF pit shoot or to a range.

1Gumrunner was the one who wants to include the entire cast of TBRS to go to a LCR meet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#31]

+1

BR loves to talk over anyone who stands up to him. He is a good debater and will debate either side of any topic, just to hear himself talk. He won't gove a favorable report of a bunch of rednecks with guns.

OTOH, no need to worry, he wont show.

Joe is a flaming assed liberal almost to the degree of Mora. Spike might show up just to drink your beer.

Nothing good can come of them coming to a shoot. However, I would be happy to eat my words.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#32]
The media is at the boomershoot every year - it always had positive coverage. Maybe we're just super nice or something. Newsweek and Outside are the two national magazines that have covered the event - lots of local media.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Its like extending an olive branch to a suicide bomber.

Wow.  
THAT'S a GOOD ONE.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#34]
About 10 years ago, Twisted Radio  randomly called some Japanese guy in a 7-11 or some such store in Japan just to get a "Japanese report" on some stupid issue of the day.  The guy was was entertaining, so they kept calling him from time to time. Eventually they paid his way out to Seattle for a visit.

They asked him what tourist things he wanted to do in America---number three or so on his list (after 2 blondes, I think) was to go shooting. Bob Rivers asked the listeners for help, and some guys called in and volunteered to take him out blasting.  Based on the post-event interview with the Japanese guy , I'd say they showed him a good time at the range.  If they had Tannerite back then, I have a feeling the Japanese guy would have defected!

Bottom line is whole thing  made for good radio=good ratings. If Twisted Radio showed up at a shoot, I think they would push a comedic agenda , not a political one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#35]
www.jetcityimprov.com/kaci.html

Don't forget that Kaci has a self described nickname of SHOOTER!

What more to ask for....

Railgun....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Having said that, I still think that when you are dealing with a first time shooter you want to start them out in a somewhat controlled environment like an regular range---this applies whether its your kids or whether its the media.  Twenty rifles simultaneously blasting away at Tannerite and bowling pins will freak out a newbie, and if they are liberal biased, it will convince them we are all psychotic yahoos.

Have you ever been teaching a newcomer on an indoor range ---getting their confidence up to move from .22 to .38---when someone in the next lane starts shooting .44 Mag and it undoes all your previous calming reassurances? This is the effect an LCR shoot would have on a newbie--it can be quite intimidating.

If you have a chance to educate a reporter/talk host, I would recommend taking them to a controlled range the first time while you teach and get them comfortable. Then take them to an LCR shoot the 2nd time for some real fun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I say a 12 gauge loaded with 3 inch bear slugs for the first time.

Quoted:
Having said that, I still think that when you are dealing with a first time shooter you want to start them out in a somewhat controlled environment like an regular range---this applies whether its your kids or whether its the media.  Twenty rifles simultaneously blasting away at Tannerite and bowling pins will freak out a newbie, and if they are liberal biased, it will convince them we are all psychotic yahoos.

Have you ever been teaching a newcomer on an indoor range ---getting their confidence up to move from .22 to .38---when someone in the next lane starts shooting .44 Mag and it undoes all your previous calming reassurances? This is the effect an LCR shoot would have on a newbie--it can be quite intimidating.

If you have a chance to educate a reporter/talk host, I would recommend taking them to a controlled range the first time while you teach and get them comfortable. Then take them to an LCR shoot the 2nd time for some real fun.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Fine I would be willing to take Kaci by myself

We all know that's what you really wanted to say.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top