Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 12:20:55 AM EDT
Went up there wish shopping with the wife.
Stopped by the hand gun counter and asked if they were going to have "normal" Glock magazines for sale on Monday.
The counter guy replied "No, and we don't even know if the "assault weapons" ban is going to expire."
I said "Well, there's not much that can be done between now and 0001 Monday."
He then told me that they did not have any hi capacity magazines, but would probably get them within a few weeks after the ban expired, if it did.
I asked him if they had law enforecment only magazines, he looked around and said "yes".
I asked him if they had enough law enforecment magazines to sell to regular customers after the ban expires, he smiled and said that they had enough law enforcement magazines to sell.
When I asked the price he said he could not give it out.
I might have to make a trip up to Alger again come Monday.

I asked the black rifle counter guy what if any the sunset of the "assault weapons" ban will have on the price of the black rifles they have.
He shook his head and said "I could sell everyone of them if the price was right. We'll probably get stuck with"some" of them after the ban.

But true to their pricing, the had the ak47 knock-offs still going for $365.00.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The "post-ban" ARs are not going to be worth very much in another day or two, but the businesses still paid a certain price for them.  I can't help but wonder how many of these places are going to be willing to take a loss just to get them out the door....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was thinking.  Might have to buy a pile of them and do some smithing!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to remember that in the firearms industry the margins are slim. I can understand why Kesselrings would wait to stock the shelves with magazines.
First there are many people that are satisfied with the low-cap mags and don't do enough shooting to warrant spending the money for new equipment. The ones that want to purchase new hi-caps (like me) will probably find them on the internet for the cheapest price available and not pay WA State sale tax on the transaction.
Second Kesselrings doesn't know how long this repeal will last...and leaves them asking "What do I want to get stuck with???"

As far as the black rifle issue there are quite a few people that really don't care about features such as bayo-lugs & collapsing stocks. So selling the Ban Period Rifles will probably not be much of a problem. Pre-ban rifles are still valuable in some states.
I don't need some of these features but I don't like being told I can't choose them and that is the real issue. The ban was a farse...created for political gain.

I feel Kesselring was playing it smart in answering your questions...Being in the industry, I understand their slow action toward the continual changes put forth by this government.

MT
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a problem with post-ban features. Hmmm... Postban configured guns at a depressed price....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top