Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 11:28:07 AM EDT
I live in Renton. The closest place to shoot is Renton Fish and Game, but they follow the 1 shot in the gun at a time rule. That is not much fun, nor practical. Where is a range nearby where I can unload if I want to?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
In terms of "unloading" you are pretty much stuck with hitting the woods.  If you want some tactical CQB type shooting in a mildly competitive format, stop by Wade's in Bellevue on Friday nights at 7pm (bring a handgun too!)

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a guy with a range on his land that has a pretty nice set up....

other than that I have a new "secret" spot out in BFE, but it takes a little time to get to it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like I will be hitting the woods. Thanks for the advice guys. I wish they would open up a range for assualt weapons in the area...
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
White Center!
Rainer Valley!
Hilltop!

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like I will be hitting the woods. Thanks for the advice guys. I wish they would open up a range for assualt weapons in the area...

The problem is liability.  Most of those ranges are in or very near the city, so they don't want gang-bangers or jokers coming and blazing away with fully loaded ARs and Aks.  That would be the surest way to have a stray round get out (given their shooting skils) and shut down the range altogether.  Sucks that the majority of us have to suffer this due some crackheads, and the liberal namby pambies that decided to live near a gun range.  An old liberal whackjob keeps trying to shut down the shotgun range at Renton by saying she keeps finding shot in her pool.  Of course, the shot has no deformation or other evidence of having been fired, and there is NO WAY that the 7 1/2 shot she keeps finding in her pool could possibly EVER travel that far.  Doesn't stop her from trying though.

Now, if you want to JOIN a range, SVRC doesn't have a magazine restriction (as far as I know.)  It is a "no range officer" range, so you can usually do what you like, provided it is safe and within reason.  They are located out near Snoqualmie Falls.  www.svrifle.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is liability.  Most of those ranges are in or very near the city, so they don't want gang-bangers or jokers coming and blazing away with fully loaded ARs and Aks.  That would be the surest way to have a stray round get out (given their shooting skils) and shut down the range altogether.  Sucks that the majority of us have to suffer this due some crackheads, and the liberal namby pambies that decided to live near a gun range.  An old liberal whackjob keeps trying to shut down the shotgun range at Renton by saying she keeps finding shot in her pool.  Of course, the shot has no deformation or other evidence of having been fired, and there is NO WAY that the 7 1/2 shot she keeps finding in her pool could possibly EVER travel that far.  Doesn't stop her from trying though.

Now, if you want to JOIN a range, SVRC doesn't have a magazine restriction (as far as I know.)  It is a "no range officer" range, so you can usually do what you like, provided it is safe and within reason.  They are located out near Snoqualmie Falls.  www.svrifle.com

SVCR aint bad, kinda expensive considering you can shoot free in the woods everywhere in the area, but 200 yard range, pistol range, target stands, covered area....and its almost always empty.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
The MOST AR friendly range I have come across is Arlington Recreational Shooting and Training. It might be a little bit of a drive for you....but they allow AR15's inside with no restrictions on numbers of rounds loaded in magazine. FMJ - No steel core ammo.

My first time there I noticed a guy shooting fast enough to get kicked out of the other two ranges I have been to (Whatcom County Parks range was the worst), but he was in total control, and being safe. Mostly double and triple taps, and a few longer strings with tactical reloads mixed in.

I went out front and asked them what their policy is on rapid fire was before trying it myself. The owner is very nice (and a total AR15 fan!) and said they have no problem with rapid fire as long as you are in control and following range safety rules.

He did say that they don’t allow bump firing though....as one "bump-addict" was showing off his great form (to a girl friend of course) and gave the ceiling, walls and floor a "holes" new look He got banned permanently....ASAP!!!!

It is a real nice set up with a snack bar, couches, coffee tables, armchairs and a pellet fireplace to shoot the bull on during a break.

Arlington Rec. shooting center
8620 172nd street NE
Arlington, WA 98223
360-474-0880

Drop me an email if you venture up one day....I will see if I can drop by, I need to start meeting some of you guys from down south!!!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. Will do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The MOST AR friendly range I have come across is Arlington Recreational Shooting and Training. It might be a little bit of a drive for you....but they allow AR15's inside with no restrictions on numbers of rounds loaded in magazine. FMJ - No steel core ammo.

Drop me an email if you venture up one day....I will see if I can drop by, I need to start meeting some of you guys from down south!!!!

I am just down the street from ARSC  ( I live @ Glen eagle )

I am personally not a big fan of indoor 25yd rifle shooting .... but hit me up if you wanna get together for some outdoor blazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top