Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 1:23:22 PM EDT
What type of game can I take down with it? White tail deer? Brown Bear? Mosquito? I also have no idea how to field strip it. I traded a computer for it.....here's the specs:
Marlin 336(30AW)
microgrooved 20in. barrel
30-30 cal.
6 or 7+1 tubular mag.
4x weaver marksman scope.
Any help would be great.
thx in advance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea on the game question, but it is similar to a 308. I imagine it works pretty good up to deer anyway. I have the same gun, but no scope. To get the bolt out all you need to do is remove the screw holding in the lever and pull it out. The bolt will slide out the back. The ejector spring is not held on to the bolt (guess how I know this) so watch for it to drop. I still hope to find mine when I clean up my workshop. I can send you a pdf of my manual if you can't find a diagram any where. Doesn't Brownells have exploded diagrams?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Try out this site for your Marlin information:

www.marlinowners.com/board/index.php?sid=52b6a3b2765fc246c8601007ab6295c3

And, congratulations on your new acquisition.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
i've shot several deer with a 30-30. i know people that have taken elk and bear with them. great little guns, just keep your shots under 125-150 yards as they start to peter out after that.

as to taking them apart, i took my winchester model 94 apart once. took me about 15 minutes to get it all apart and spread out on the table. took me about 4 hours to get that damn thing back together. maybe i'm just a retard or something but it was a pain in the ass to reassemble.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]
aawwww damn, ummm....So I looked @ the diagram and I took out a screw that I thought was the right one and now I cant get the frickin' thing back in! its the one right in front of the saftey on the ejector port side. WTF over!

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
They're complicated little buggers--you might have to go buy a copy of the NRA Firearms Disassembly Manual for centerfire rifles, or go to the library and photocopy the relevant pages. They are very good books and have saved my bacon on more than two or three occasions. Take your time and don't forget to use properly-fitting screwdrivers--once the slots are buggered your job is twenty times harder!     The cartridge is about on a par with the Russian short .30 (7.62x39mm) but loses poop faster because of the blunt nose. More deer have probably been taken with it than any other ctg -- just get in close and place the shot well. I have heard of people taking bear with it, but they always make me want to reach for the hand grenades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top