Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 6:38:50 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to try parkerizing at home. Just thougth I'd say something on this board and see if anyone else had ever tried it. I could use some encouragement and perhaps some advise. I'll be building my own tanks and hopefully will be doing quite a few pieces before anything really important ie: FN Fal.

Other than that I'm wondering if there are any Eastern Washington souls checking out this board?

45/70
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck on the home brew park job.  Let us know how it goes.  

I'm split my time between the Pullman area and the  farm South of Grand Coulee so you are not the only Eastern WA person on the board.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
North of Spokane
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the Tri-Cities, but I have relatives that live North of Usk, so I hunt up there every year. I like that area, too bad there aren't any good paying jobs up there...but then again, everyone would live up there if there was.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm really excited. I'm also planing on custom camo finishing. Depending on the FFL rules, I'd like to make it a sideline. I know of a lot of guys that don't want to ship their guns out to get them camoed...I won't. I'll start with my guns, then if they trust me, my friends and then maybe make some more friends...

Thanks for responding.

45/70  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a friend that does this for a side job just north of Spokane on HWY 2.
Send me an message and I will send you his phone #.
He is also the smith that Al Ewing has been using. Nice guy.
Thanks,
RedMan*
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
This year I hunted 49 Degrees area, didn't get a deer but saw hundreds of turkey and, at least, 4 moose a day. One day saw 6 moose in a half mile radius! I'd only seen one moose before this season. I'm really hoping to get one of them tags now...
I've about had it with the deer hunting though. It's really taken a downturn. I won't give up on bear, I know their up there, I just haven't found one worthy yet.
Usually I'd hunt around Mill Creek and CeeCeeha creek on the GMU 113 side. Sometimes hunt up on Monumental for the bears. I've seen a couple Grizzly and one wolf up there around bunch grass meadows. There's always something to see up in that area.

Thanks for responding,
45/70
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top