Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:08:51 AM EDT
Ok, this, um, friend of mine got pulled over and cited for speeding the other night.  Now he just may have actually been a couple miles an hour over but officer friendly wrote him up for faster than he was going.  He did see the radar gun but with these small towns looking for revenue it's hard to say what was going on.

Anyway, since at this point it's going to be my friends word against the cops, I figured I would try to find a technical reason to void the ticket.  I may have found one for him but I am not sure so what do you guys know about this.

Basically, on the ticket next to where it says "vehicle speed (57) in a (45) zone" there are three boxes.  "SMD" "pace" "aircraft".  None of the boxes are checked.  Do you think that would be enough to throw the ticket out of court or does it not have to be checked.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Trust me, NO... a Technical error or omission wont do jack for ya....

The easiest way to make a ticket disappear is to cross check the violation number with what you actually did (EX; cited for red light and you actually ran a stop sign). If the code is not what you did, that is a very easy out.

If you have a speeding ticket that needs to disappear, there is one man for the job. Doug Silva, Renton. (206)772=2225   He is a 99% winner (and damn good).

The thing about tickets is, the first one you can easily dump. Next time, if you just pay this one, you are a repeat offender. Harder to get out of, etc. The easy one to beat is always ticket #1.

Ask me how I know, I got 3 tickets last year, I have a spotless record, AND Dougs prices are little more than the fines anyway. Go to court and you may even save some cash.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Trust me, NO... a Technical error or omission wont do jack for ya....

My wife got pulled over a couple months ago and went to court to fight it.  She was at the chalk board describing what she thought happened and the judge determined that the address on the ticket was not accurate.  It was on a long stretch of road in the woods so there were not any houses near by but the judge determined by the location of the nearest street that the addy was wrong and threw it out!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Tech has NEVER worked for me, hell I took one to a lawyer once and the officer barely had a name close to mine on it, the lawyer said thats nothing, and beat it another way. In all my past, that dog just dont hunt. May work for your wife, never did squat for me.

Laser, Radar and other speed detection methods are closely monitored by WA laws, and the cops have so many t's to cross and i's to dot, its so easy to beat them.

Good luck to your 'friend'...

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, another thing I just noticed.  My 'friend' was pulling a trailer.  Ont the ticket is a spot for trailer info that is not filled out.  That would make a diff because it would be hard to go that fast at that particular area pulling a trailer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Kind of ironic what your signature says... sorry bro, too easy, good luck on getting off that ticket. =)
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kind of ironic what your signature says... =)

Is it irony or just proof that I know what I am talking about?

CavVet, does that layer guy only charge if he gets the ticket dropped?  It would suck to pay both the fine and the fee and still have the ticket on record.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I would get a lawyer. You do have to pay them win or lose, but your chances of winning are much greater with one. If you don't call the guy CavVet suggested, then call Barbara Bowden 253-473-4262. She's in Tacoma.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
My advice call Mike Sheehan. Don't have his number on me but he has gotten many of my friends off. I think his fee is $200 if he gets you off, nothing if he doesn't. Shoot me an email if you want his number.

My advice have this friend call the department requesting a copy of the paperwork filled, as well as proof of the radar guns calibration, and the officers radar training certification. If they fail to provide any of those three you get off. Plus you'll probably be able to find some error for your friend.

No offense to police officers I really think they are great when they are not working as revenue generators, but they make a lot of mistakes with the speeding ticket forms. I had a girlfriend who once received two speeding tickets in ten minutes. She made the mistake of telling the second officer that she had just received one thinking that would get her off, wrong, made him more pissed. But the silly officer asked for the ticket and copied down all the info except his and the speed. So all she did was differ the first one, and had the second one droped on a techincality. He had also copied the mile marker from the first ticket. So she just asked " how could I have been speeding ten minutes later at the same location." So the judge droped it, told her not to speed, and good job.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CavVet, does that layer guy only charge if he gets the ticket dropped?  It would suck to pay both the fine and the fee and still have the ticket on record.

He charges what he charges and thats all you pay. Seattle Municipal is $125. Period. *IF he loses (I was not kidding about the 99%) it will be on your record, but there is no more money from every case I know of. Ash him to see.

My advice call Mike Sheehan. Don't have his number on me but he has gotten many of my friends off. I think his fee is $200 if he gets you off, nothing if he doesn't. Shoot me an email if you want his number.

I dont know his batting record, but just ask Doug, or any of the numerous professional drivers, he is 99%. He rarely ever loses. His clientel is mostly professional drivers who depend on a clean record for their livelyhood. The speed cops cringe when he comes in the courtroom, because they know that ticket is a loss for them.

My advice have this friend call the department requesting a copy of the paperwork filled, as well as proof of the radar guns calibration, and the officers radar training certification. If they fail to provide any of those three you get off. Plus you'll probably be able to find some error for your friend.

That sounds good in theory, and it is the law and one of the ways Doug wins, but just ask fellow arfcommer [name withheld pending email return], it doesnt always work that way in real life.

2WP, you know me man. My license is my money. I believe in Doug as strong as I believe in RKBA.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Who are you trying to bullshit? You don't have any friends....
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like you guys get pulled over a lot for speeding! A little advice, SLOW DOWN! I am proud to say I have never been pulled over or ticketed! Sure, I'm always late, but look! no tickets!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Heheheh..well said Juell. Anyways good luck with the ticket hope my input helped.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok, this, um, friend of mine got pulled over and cited for speeding the other night.  Now he just may have actually been a couple miles an hour over but officer friendly wrote him up for faster than he was going.  He did see the radar gun but with these small towns looking for revenue it's hard to say what was going on.

Anyway, since at this point it's going to be my friends word against the cops, I figured I would try to find a technical reason to void the ticket.  I may have found one for him but I am not sure so what do you guys know about this.

Basically, on the ticket next to where it says "vehicle speed (57) in a (45) zone" there are three boxes.  "SMD" "pace" "aircraft".  None of the boxes are checked.  Do you think that would be enough to throw the ticket out of court or does it not have to be checked.

DUDE,

Fight it! But get a freakin lawyer.  I just had the pleasure of LOSING a small town case.  Unfortunately I ignored the advice of others and defended myself.  They ran shit on me that a lawer would have smoked them for.  

This did not work for me.  My judge took quite a few libeties with his interpretation of the law here.  Get a freakin lawyer.!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sounds like you guys get pulled over a lot for speeding! A little advice, SLOW DOWN! I am proud to say I have never been pulled over or ticketed! Sure, I'm always late, but look! no tickets!

You hit a nerve with me for one. Out here in the PNW, people wont go, and wont let YOU go either.

Follow, lead or get out of the way.

The slow lane is to the right, move over and let me go, go as slow as you wish.

Thank you for your support!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#15]
HEHEHEHE,

OK, this is a no shit story.

I left work in Yelm at 1030, met up with M in Lacey at 1100, picked up her truck and headed....out. Wound up in downtown Oly at...closing time. Took two little LA, vegan, dreadlocked, pachouli smelling, gals back to the "co op" on the west side of Oly. On the way out of Oly to the highway I see a guy hitching down the road. I give him a lift. He lays a sob story on me about how the bus don't run past 10 pm and he's stuck in Oly until the morning. He's headed to Aberdeen.  I figure what the hell, Adeen ain't that much past the homestead. We make it into Adeen and I drop him off at the transit station. On the return trip a WSP passes me at what must have been 80MPH, code 4. A minute later a Grays Harbor Sheriff passes me ditto like. I speed up, most likely in excess of the posted speed limit. ANOTHER WSP passes me, code 4. I see another code unit closing on my ass end, I get over. HE gets over. Uh oh.  

He approaches, window won't come down cuz the handle decides to stick. He says, "You broke the radar at 76." "I was wondering what all the excitement was down the road," says I.

I lay the nights story on him, trying real hard to breathe into my shirt. He asks for DL, ins, and reg. I tell him it's the gfriend's truck and I haven't a f'ing clue where it is. Hmm, mebbe it's in the envelope on the backside of the passenger side visor. Discretely cover the Glock with her jacket while reaching for the envelope, simultaneously noticing him checking my belt with his Maglight as I bend sideways. He no doubt sees the Wilderness belt, and BladeTech pouches holding my Scorpion and Leatherman. I retrieve the rather full envelope and start to sift through the contents with the aid of the light from his Maglight.

Hmmm, reg from 2001 and 2002, "License plate matches" he says. Hmmm, ins from 2001 and 2002, "Close enough for this time of night" says he. "You be careful" he says as he heads back to his cruiser.

Bitch all you want about cops. I get stopped at least twice a year and haven't had a ticket since high school.

[TONIGHT!, I just got home]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Here is what I have found to be true.

Local P.D.  Go to court.  They rarely show up or remember the stop, and never make notes.

State Trooper, forget it.  They ate, drink and breath traffic tickets.

Just my experience.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#17]
IM sent with some speeding ticket info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
IM sent with some speeding ticket info.

Thanks fiz.  OK, I'll admit it, Da_Bunny is right, I have no friends, it was me!  It is only the third time I have ever been pulled over and the first ticket I ever recvd.  I don't really know how fast I was going but I was definately NOT going 57.  I was pulling a trailer full of music equipt down a road that is not very smooth.  57 would have had me bouncing all over the place!  Limit is 45 I was most likely hit 50 right after passing though a 35 zone.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#20]
See, even Da_Bunny forsook me! [>Q]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OK, I'll admit it, Da_Bunny is right, I have no friends, it was me!    

Now that is some funny shit!!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Were your pants on though? I think we need clarification of the facts now, were there any small furry woodland creatures, or livestock in the car at the time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top