Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 1:08:54 PM EDT
I'm in for a little blasting on Saturday if anyone is interested.  Monroe?  Capital Forest?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sultan Basin, just found a new spot to shoot up near the top(off the main road a ways). Prolly be there myself tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Tomorrow is out but how about next Saturday after the Monroe Wac show it's a short drive to the Granite Falls spot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tomorrow is out but how about next Saturday after the Monroe Wac show it's a short drive to the Granite Falls spot.

Sounds good.  That gives a little more notice anyways.

NWRed, tell us more!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll have a table at WAC/Monroe, so no daytime shooting for me. As for SB, if ya drive to the "upper ranges", theres a "road" aka jeep trail, on the right almost directly across the road from the larger of the two ranges-clearcuts. Down that "road" about 3/4ths a mile maybe (prolly less) is a wide spot with some trash/targets and a decent chunk of hillside that works great for shooting. Its not nearly as wide as the other spots right on the main road, but for a couple guys it'd be a decent alternative to not shooting at all when the other spots are taken. I go up about once a month and shoot at night, have the place all to myself from about 8-11pm, I'm outta ammo by then or tired anyhow. Lotsa fun, but no one else I know around here has a pile of 123 batteries and Mall Ninja lighting on their guns. :( Sure I'll see ya gents at WAC if not Sultan Basin tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn...I just got back from Portland.

Is there any interest in shooting in Cap Forrest this Saturday?

IIRC, 1gun said that Chehalis was shut down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Im up for it, i can probably rope CK and Crispy in. I just picked up a thousand rounds of LC XM193 thursday.

Im not supposed to drive until early afternoon. Something about the medication they gave me for surgery. The stuff they gav me through IV was "way stronger than morphine" said the doc.

Are we up for this saturday or next?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
NWRed, you gonna have anything good?

I like to spend money....
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Bah. I have to work 8-4:30pm so SC i can't go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NWRed, you gonna have anything good?

I like to spend money....

Havent had any shows for 2 months so I havent been buying stock, but plenty of Beretta92-Sig 226/228 mags and the usual Surefire stuff. 'nother stripped A1 upper and whatever else I can find floating around the house I dont need/want.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
sounds like everyone's leaning towards next weekend with the monroe show...?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why do you want to know?

So you can have KOMO there nice and early!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#12]
NWRed...did you move to GoldBar?

and, is that upper any better than the last one? (I may need another beater.)
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Monday morning, we'll all be there Monday morning at 8am sharp.

:D
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Im in Sultan these days, and the upper is about the same. I sent you an email about going shooting sometime a month or so ago, but hadn't heard back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm working the Oly Booth both days of the Monroe Fun Show....so I'll have to just wave as you go by....
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Im in Sultan these days, and the upper is about the same. I sent you an email about going shooting sometime a month or so ago, but hadn't heard back.

Damn son!, I could prob throw a rock and hit you then.

I did not get a I.M. but feel free to try agian, I shoot @ SB just about every week. I hold off a lot of times because I dont shoot alone! (kinda sounds like a song huh?) I am also up fur some night shooting. but it is a little dry for tracer right now.

I prob will want that upper. if you can scratch up some more parts let me know, I like to build beaters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As for SB, if ya drive to the "upper ranges", theres a "road" aka jeep trail, on the right almost directly across the road from the larger of the two ranges-clearcuts. Down that "road" about 3/4ths a mile maybe (prolly less) is a wide spot with some trash/targets and a decent chunk of hillside that works great for shooting. Its not nearly as wide as the other spots right on the main road, but for a couple guys it'd be a decent alternative to not shooting at all when the other spots are taken.

Before anyone gets too excited, "Its not nearly as wide as the other spots right on the main road" is quite an understatement in describing this place. The area is swampy and if it's not too damp you might be able to fight through the brush and put targets about 50 yds out otherwise it's limited to about 15-20 yard shots, there is little if any room to park off the side of the road/trail, and while I wouldn't exacty call it a "Jeep trail", it is fairly overgrown and rougher than a typical forest service road so the car/mini-truck/cute-ute/can't-scratch-or-ding-my-ride contingent might want to take this into consideration before trying to go in.

On the plus side, there is a moderately fun mudpit just past the shooting area and a nice little place to camp alongside a mountain stream further up the road/trail.

Any of you guys ever been up the old cabin on the Sultan River up past the east end of Spada Reservoir? Looks like it maybe used to be part of a logging or CCC camp.

Man, it really sucks how much of the Basin has been shut down now. The trail from the Lake Roesiger store up into the Basin was one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#18]
We may or may not be talking about the same place. It was dry when I was there, no swamp to it. Theres more parking at the spot I was talkign about then at the lower ranges. It is very narrow far as the range goes though. But since its usually just me alone it isnt a concern. R32, IM sent, I dont think I have much else for parts right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Boomer you are on the money about the trail, kinda tight.

NWRed, mail back at ya....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top