Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 8:41:44 AM EDT
Anybody want to go up and fire off a few tomorrow morning up in Sultan?  We can meet at the Buzz Inn again and head up, early (7-8am?).  Bigscrun, JAFO?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe.  I'd have to go to Mass on Sat., no problem.  I'd have to get it past the wife, no real problem, and I'd have to check with the doctor about it.  I'm sure pistols would be fine but rifle might be a different story.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
call me I am there. How about some beers tonight?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Would you want to come out to Ravensdale tonight?  We have a couple of parties around here tonight but you are more than welcome to come.  If not, then I will call you later.

Bigern, I am not prepared to put your guts back in when they fall out after bump firing a 30.  Get a note from your doc saying its ok and you can shoot.  Otherwise, you are more than welcome to join us so we can enjoy your fascinating company!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you want to come out to Ravensdale tonight?  We have a couple of parties around here tonight but you are more than welcome to come.  If not, then I will call you later.

Bigern, I am not prepared to put your guts back in when they fall out after bump firing a 30.  Get a note from your doc saying its ok and you can shoot.  Otherwise, you are more than welcome to join us so we can enjoy your fascinating company!

Hell I've been working in the garden, planting seeds and moving stuff.  I'm limited to 15lbs or less when lifting but other than that I'm good to go.

Not even on the pain meds or muscle relaxants anymore.  The Doc is going by the book and making me stay out of work for 4 weeks instead of the 3 he thought originally because he found 2 more (three total) hernias and had to put in a piece of mesh.  

I think 3 more days and I can start running again.

Hell if you'd be my ammo carrying bitch I wouldn't even hesitate to go.  The rifle's not too heavy, just all the extraneous crap you have to bring for maintaining and cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey!  Sounds like it might be fun for me!

What time at Buzz Inn?

I think I can find the place.

Just look for a red ford ranger, missing the drivers side rear view mirror (damn yuppie slut!) and I'll put my famous N0-McUzi sign in the rear window.

I don't think my cell will work that far out in the boonies, so if I miss you guys I'm toast.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Bigscrun and Skillets will be at the Buzz Inn at 8:00am. See you guys there!!!

AR-Check
Ammo-Check
1911-Check
Tannerite-Oh hell Yeah!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good.  Come out a little early if you want to eat breakfast first!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Allright allright.. Now I just gotta figure what fun things to pack along with me..
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Aw hells bells men.......... look slike I'm probably out for that early on Sunday.

Just leave me behind... go on without me...

Tell my mom I did my best...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]
What it is 2:37am, I just got home from the saloon I am still going.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Tell my mom I did my best...

Your best would put you at the Buzz Inn by 0800!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
For some damn reason I forgot that June 1st was this Sunday.  I was thinking it was next weekend.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Your best would put you at the Buzz Inn by 0800!

Sorry I had to be else where that early. It had nothing to do with staying up until 3:30am.

Damnit, my shooting bag was packed up too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow you guys missed a pretty good time.
AR's, 1911's, 9mm's, Ak's, .44 mags and a FAL and Tannerite.

2WP
Bigscrun
Skillets
Erex
Head Trauma Harold
Hippy Bruce

All made apperances

"Hey Whiskey you smell chinese food?"

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wow you guys missed a pretty good time.
AR's, 1911's, 9mm's, Ak's, .44 mags and a FAL and Tannerite.

2WP
Bigscrun
Skillets
Erex
Head Trauma Harold
Hippy Bruce

All made apperances

"Hey Whiskey you smell chinese food?"

Ok, so where are the pics from this happy gathering? How you going to try to recruit more folks without pics? Oh wait, we are talking about Sultan ;) Nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]

We are waiting for our fearless recruitment leader: JAFO to lead us to the promised land.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#17]
What's so cool about going up to Sultan as opposed to going to Granite Falls?  

Not having been to Sultan yet, I'm not able to make the comparison.

Although I'll admit tannerite might draw a little too much attention in GF.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh yeah I'd had packed for the day, 357, 41magnum, 44 magnum, 45 colt, 12 gauge, 444 marlin, and an AR.

Damnit damnit
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We are waiting for our fearless recruitment leader: JAFO to lead us to the promised land.

The promised land is in Lewis county, and I think you already have plans on visiting there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What's so cool about going up to Sultan as opposed to going to Granite Falls?  

Not having been to Sultan yet, I'm not able to make the comparison.

Although I'll admit tannerite might draw a little too much attention in GF.

Distance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh yeah I'd had packed for the day, 357, 41magnum, 44 magnum, 45 colt, 12 gauge, 444 marlin, and an AR.

Damnit damnit

Ouch!  I used to own one of those and to this day it is the only weapon I have fired that actually HURT me when I shot it!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damnit damnit

Ouch!  I used to own one of those and to this day it is the only weapon I have fired that actually HURT me when I shot it!!

Does that mean you don't want to shoot mine?  
It's a 444p, the ported guide gun version.

Trying to shoot from the bench it hurts like a sumbitch, but standing up and taking it like a man, my plinking handloads (240gr a 2200fps) are pleasant enough.  Wait until I get the 300gr stuff loaded up, those will be a fine how do you do.

Is Sultan that much closer?

OK so who wants to shoot before or after the Monroe show this weekend?  Saturday?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll shoot yours Phil.  I kinda miss the old bugger, I traded it for a Taurus 9mm years ago.  I just remember that by the 4th or 5th shot it was extremely hard not to flinch.  

I think Sultan is quite a bit closer to us down south.  I have heard that it is a longer range as well.(I've nver been to G-F)

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
<snip>
I think Sultan is quite a bit closer to us down south.  I have heard that it is a longer range as well.(I've nver been to G-F)

Approximately 7.73 miles closer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I haven't been to Sultan so I can't do a comparison myself, but if I remember Paul right he said that the measured GF to be about 80yds.   A little more than that if you step all the way back to the treeline.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#26]
This was kind of an unusual shoot.  We started with the hard rockin jams of live Metallica.  After about an hour we were hearing the somewhat eerie tones of the horn being played by Hippy_Bruce.  It was kinda sureal for awhile.  You could tell the tannerite got him a little excited because the tone and volume changed every time there was a thunderous   BOOM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top