Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 8:05:36 PM EDT
Anyone going anywhere?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to see if we can shoot a HOLE in our budget by trading in the truck on a van.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm heading over east.  Dayton (by Walla Walla) to be exact.  Hopefully wombat comes to rescue me again and we'll do a little blastin'.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Shot the CMP match at the Capitol City club on Sunday.  Despite a few mistakes I managed to come in fourth with a 437 -2X.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shot the CMP match at the Capitol City club on Sunday.  Despite a few mistakes I managed to come in fourth with a 437 -2X.

How does one get invovled with that?  Is that down in Olympia?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be happy to not come in last!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]

How does one get invovled with that?  Is that down in Olympia?

Sort of.  The Capitol City R&P club is actually located in Littlerock.  They hold some kind of match on the high power range every fourth Sunday of the month alternating between CMP and "Old Soldiers" (Got an 'as issued' WW2 or earlier rifle?) matches.  To get involved, just show up with a rifle, ammo, and safety gear.   If you have a pad, a good sling, and/or a spotting scope, bring them too.  The director pairs up newbies with veterans for orientation.  (Show up early.)

A smallbore match follows the CMP match and a carbine match follows the 'Old Soldiers' match.

The WSRPA site lists other locations and matches around the state.  Locations vary on what equipment is available for use by competitors so email/call ahead if you need to borrow something.  I know at least one club that can provide EVERYTHING.

Give it a try, it's a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top