Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2021 6:18:10 PM EDT
So long story short, I unknowingly brought my handguin into NJ (under the car seat) and got caught by the cops with it. Lawyer got me off with 3 years Pre Trial intervention (which is like probation-lite) and 50 hours of community service. Upside is if I complete the PTI. All the charges get dismissed and I can have the record expunged. Like nothing happened.

But since Im a resident of PA, the probation gets transferred to PA. So I'm assuming my carry license gets revoked. What about the guns? Am I expecting a knock on the door from officer friendly to pick up the guns in person? Or do they call you up and make arrangements? Are they gonna use that pistol registry that they're not supposed to have, but we all really know they have. To make sure they get everything? Or is it just kind of an honor system?

The lawyer I worked with on the case in NJ couldn't really comment on the particulars of PA law, so I know. I'll be calling a lawyer in PA to figure it all out. Just wanted to get any insight from people who might know the process? I figure I'll use one of those firearm storage services. Then pick em up in 3 years. No way in hell I'm letting the cops melt them.

PS: Fuck NJ
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you with your questions, but I gotta ask how did you end up getting caught with it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Firearm storage service? I'm not familiar with those. Any details available?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a trusted friend or relative handy, get your firearms and ammo out of your custody and into that person's custody immediately.  You're shortly going to be without either.

As a prohibited person, you really can't possess either.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Call prince law firm bechtelsville
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't help you with your questions, but I gotta ask how did you end up getting caught with it?
View Quote

Curious about this also.  I haven't had my vehicle searched since I was a teenager.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Had a late day, on the way home decided to stop in a big gas station/rest area off the highway to take a nap for a couple hours. Cops saw me sleeping, came by to do a "wellness check" (because I guess something is unwell about a person resting in a rest area at 1AM. Apparently that's not normal) I guess when I pulled the seat back to sleep my gun was peeking out from underneath and they saw it.

Quoted:
Firearm storage service? I'm not familiar with those. Any details available?

Here's one

https://www.poconogunstorage.com/

I'm sure there are similar ones around you. They offer non custodial storage, where a court orders you to store your guns there in leu of them being taken by LE. You still technically "own" them, but have no access. Then you get a court order to get them out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I can find on google such do not exist on my end of the state. Seems a good idea although their prices are impressive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That is some serious bullshit laws. Where in PA are you? Sure I could find some gun safe storage to help out
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]
2nd on prince law, get ahold of them
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
2nd on prince law, get ahold of them
View Quote

3rd and good luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
how did you ''forget'' your gun was under the seat ???.... going into the scumbag state of NJ no less. should of just got a room.
call Prince.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Call Josh. He or his new associate will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Dupe sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top