Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2020 12:50:09 PM EDT
So once you are done stocking up on TP and hand sanitizer, hit the liquor store today

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Liquor-Control-Board-Details.aspx?newsid=561

03/14/2020

Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Announces Phased Closure of Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery Counties as Part of COVID-19 Mitigation
Harrisburg  Today, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board announced a phased closure in coming days of Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores and licensee service centers in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

All 88 FW&GS stores in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties normally open on Sundays will be open regular hours tomorrow, Sunday, March 15.

On Monday, March 16, only the following locations will open at their normal opening times, and all will close at 9:00 PM:

Click To View Spoiler

Effective Tuesday, March 17, all FW&GS stores and licensee service centers in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties will close and remain closed until further notice.

At this time the PLCB plans to continue to operate its e-commerce fulfillment center, and Pennsylvania residents can shop for wine and spirits at FineWineAndGoodSpirits.comOpens In A New Window, having purchases shipped directly to their homes.

Earlier this week, Fine Wine & Good Spirits indefinitely suspended all product tastings, bottle signings, educational seminars and other group events at all 598 stores across Pennsylvania and began limiting public access to its office facilities.

The PLCB also reinforced with FW&GS store employees enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure retail environments are as sanitary as possible.

Toward the end of the month, the PLCB will re-evaluate its operations, guided by the strategy developed by the Governor's Office and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
View Quote
ETA: update - now all PA wine & spirits stores closed until further notice

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Liquor-Control-Board-Details.aspx?newsid=562
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You and everybody else...  

Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Haha I stocked up for the rest of the year (or even the rest of the decade LOL) on 29 February when I saw Bravo_Six's post about everything being 10% off on top of regular discounts
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Waited for 20 minion line today! Stuck with kids for 2 weeks calls for copious amounts of alcohol
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
NJ is close enough...
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

The checkout line tonight. Bought a lot on the 29th, but gonna be even more prepared.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Last night was fucking insane. Was in Summit plaza (Erie), and stopped by the store. A line snaked through the isles. Felt sorry for the guys running the register or trying to stock shelf's.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76341/20200316_174659_jpg-1319046.JPG

The checkout line tonight. Bought a lot on the 29th, but gonna be even more prepared.
View Quote
Yeah, I bought extra boxes of wine. That gold colored box on the right top shelf is my brand
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NJ is close enough...
View Quote
Lol yup.. stopped yesterday in NJ off i80, fully stocked no lines
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haha I stocked up for the rest of the year (or even the rest of the decade LOL) on 29 February when I saw Bravo_Six's post about everything being 10% off on top of regular discounts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Glad that I helped!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Glad that I helped!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad that I helped!  

Or rather  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems they are reopening limited online sales.  I've tried hitting the site but I apparently was not "selected" today...  

Email text:

Dear Valued Customer,

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we wanted to take a moment to update you on our efforts to adapt to meet the needs of our valued customers during this time. After discussions with the Governor’s Office and public health officials regarding protocols to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees, we have resumed limited sales from FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com.

We expect consumer interest and site traffic to exceed what we’ll be able to fulfill, at least initially, so we ask that customers be patient and understand we’re doing the best we can under extraordinary circumstances to balance consumer demand for wine and spirits with public health and virus mitigation efforts. To that end, we believe that reopening online sales in a controlled manner will allow us to provide access to consumers while also protecting our employees and consumers from unnecessary risk.

Consumer access to the site is being randomized to avoid overwhelming the site with heavy traffic. Those who are randomly selected to shop the site can purchase up to six bottles per transaction from a reduced catalog of about 1,000 top-selling wines and spirits from the website. All orders must be shipped to home or non-store addresses, and only one order per address will be fulfilled per day.

We’ll be fulfilling orders from various facilities where we’ve implemented public health best practices like facility sanitation, social distancing and limiting the numbers of employees working in any facility at a time. As order fulfillment capacity increases, we’ll consider increasing the number of orders it takes each day.

Important information to help navigate your online shopping experience:

•Access to FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com will be randomized to avoid overwhelming the site with high traffic, prevent order abuse and prolong access throughout the day, so that order availability isn’t exhausted in seconds or minutes each day. Visitors who don’t get in to shop one day are encouraged to try again the next day and in coming days.

•Those who are granted the opportunity to shop will be able to browse a limited catalog of about 1,000 top-selling wines and spirits.

•There’s a six-bottle limit per order, and a limit of one order per address, per day.

•All orders must be shipped to a home residence or non-store Pennsylvania address. As a reminder, an adult 21 years of age or older must be present at delivery.

•Once an order has shipped, the buyer will receive an email confirmation including UPS package tracking details.

We’re not considering reopening stores at this time, but we’ll continue to work in consultation with the Wolf Administration and public health officials to monitor the situation and provide updates as appropriate.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

For information regarding the COVID-19/coronavirus, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health's website.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,                                                                        
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#13]
this is complete bullshit!  I do NOT want to start getting into the good stuff.

Anyone know of places on the other side of the border (W PA) that are selling?

I need my Evan Williams...
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I live about 20 minutes from Morgantown and I heard they are checking ID and not selling to people from Pennsylvania anymore.

I don't know about others parts of WV but that's apparently what's happening around there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live about 20 minutes from Morgantown and I heard they are checking ID and not selling to people from Pennsylvania anymore.

I don't know about others parts of WV but that's apparently what's happening around there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone actually been able to order from the FW & GS website?? I’ve been checking it often for two days and it has been closed. Seems like a long shot to even be able to make an order from there.

There are a few distilleries in PA that will ship you their stuff, so I am reading.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually been able to order from the FW & GS website?? I’ve been checking it often for two days and it has been closed. Seems like a long shot to even be able to make an order from there.

There are a few distilleries in PA that will ship you their stuff, so I am reading.
View Quote

Nope, I guess I haven't figured out the "reset time" for when they reopen each day yet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
this is bullshit
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I got in this morning around 11:30 am

Ordered a bottle of Fireball and some wine for the wife. For me a bottle of Old Forester and Michters.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I got in this morning around 11:30 am

Ordered a bottle of Fireball and some wine for the wife. For me a bottle of Old Forester and Michters.

View Quote

Shit, Couldn’t have been open for long. I’ve had not much going on today and been checking pretty much on the hour.

I was refreshing the “store is not available” page. I think I need to start just going to the address in a new window from now on.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know if it made a difference or not but after checking it for what seemed like the 900th time I started anger clicking the screen where the sorry message is and it let me in
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Cut-Rate Liquor and Party Store in Wheeling, WV is accepting out of state customers. They still have a good amount left, but the stock is dwindling.

Called around, and took a drive down. We brought back some Evan Williams, Captain and variety of beer.

100 S Huron St
Wheeling, WV  26003
United States
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Apparently I have a bunch of distilleries pretty local to me in Philly and you can buy direct from them (delivery or pick up). I'm expecting my order from the 3rd one tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#24]
According to a poster in GD, Ace Spirits will ship to PA.  The prices, with shipping, are on par or better than FWAGS.  I placed an order last Saturday and still have not received shipping notice.  The website says to expect delays.  I will try to report back if I actually get my order.

If they do actually deliver, I may never go to a state run store again.... regardless of coronapocalypse.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Local Craft distillers are still open.  Support them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
According to a poster in GD, Ace Spirits will ship to PA.  The prices, with shipping, are on par or better than FWAGS.  I placed an order last Saturday and still have not received shipping notice.  The website says to expect delays.  I will try to report back if I actually get my order.

If they do actually deliver, I may never go to a state run store again.... regardless of coronapocalypse.
View Quote

Hmm, curious to know.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hmm, curious to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm, curious to know.

Just placed an order for some wine. We'll see how the transaction goes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure everyone has seen that the state stores are going to do abbreviated curb side orders starting tomorrow, 4-20. They say that they'll only fill so many orders, though. That'll be a cluster fuck for sure
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#29]
So what I don't understand is why were Liquor stores one of the first things the GOV shut down?

Afraid of a bunch of stay at home drunks?

Really?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm sure everyone has seen that the state stores are going to do abbreviated curb side orders starting tomorrow, 4-20. They say that they'll only fill so many orders, though. That'll be a cluster fuck for sure
View Quote

Fuck them, I'll continue to shop outside of PA for liquor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Wife got online on Wednesday.  Was delivered yesterday.
Just for grins, I actually just got on, online. Bourbon choices are slim.
Lots of vodka choices. Didn't look any further.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what I don't understand is why were Liquor stores one of the first things the GOV shut down?

View Quote

Don't know, but consider the level of WTF next door in NJ. Liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries are opened because the state considers them "essential". But don't don't you even think of exercising your 1st amendment right to go to church or to peaceably assemble and protest the shutdown. Thats not essential.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#33]
@Bravo_Six

Did you ever receive your order from Ace? Thinking of ordering something myself. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:
@Bravo_Six

Did you ever receive your order from Ace? Thinking of ordering something myself. Thanks
View Quote

@williedikker7

Yes, it did.  They take 2 weeks to ship (which they say on their website), but it eventually came.

I just placed another order a  couple days ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Great. Might have to put an order in. Running low on a few bottles and the pricing, even with shipping, is the same or better than PA. Plus I don't have to go get it! Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Friends are saying the curbside pickup system isn't working that poorly if you can get them on the phone to call in your order.  Hopefully that is a ray of hope.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By stockshift:
Friends are saying the curbside pickup system isn't working that poorly if you can get them on the phone to call in your order.  Hopefully that is a ray of hope.
View Quote

Might work ok if you want to do it by credit card.....cash sale, doesn't work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally got thru to the online storefront after many random attempts over the past few weeks.
Oddly enough, never got thru with Brave, but first try with Firefox and I got in.  

Of course I have to add my comment that liquor stores wouldn't present any more of an issue to shop at than Walmart, Home Depot or the supermarket.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Of course I have to add my comment that liquor stores wouldn't present any more of an issue to shop at than Walmart, Home Depot or the supermarket.
View Quote

walmart isnt part of the liquor store union.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

walmart isnt part of the liquor store union.
View Quote

I really try to understand why unions have so much power when they are so limited in membership. I really think it ends up being a state legacy from a time when unions actually represented a decent number of people.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By stockshift:
Friends are saying the curbside pickup system isn't working that poorly if you can get them on the phone to call in your order.  Hopefully that is a ray of hope.
View Quote

That works if you know exactly what you want to buy.  If you aren't sure and wanted to browse the shelves, forget it.  For example, my wife loves a particular PA wine, but neither of can recall the name, but we both would recognize the bottle.

Pity I can't get onto the store's website and browse until I see it, then order it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#42]
If anyone is in the current yellow zones, the stores are open for near normal hours for customers to walk in. limits on number of people allowed in at the same time and everyone needs to wear a mask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top