Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2007 12:16:23 PM EDT
From a thread in GD. Packing.org is down so does anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can unless they posted that they do not want thier customers to carry  and if it is hidden how whould they know
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I sometimes go to bars just to eat lunch and drink 1 beer or even have a beer with dinner sometimes if me and the wife are out, I dont see a problem with that. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing something illegal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
actually, i think its legal to carry even if it IS posted.  If you are found out, they can ask you to leave.  If you don't leave, THEN you are trespassing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
actually, i think its legal to carry even if it IS posted.  If you are found out, they can ask you to leave.  If you don't leave, THEN you are trespassing.

Its legal unless posted otherwise.  Contrary to what most believe, bars/pubs/etc are private establishments even though they have a license from the state and are governed by the PALCB and their enforcement arm is the PASP.  I never had a problem with CCW in any of the places I ran.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+2 There is no law against carrying inside a bar even if they have a sign posted, as those signs mean absolutely nothing in PA.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2 There is no law against carrying inside a bar even if they have a sign posted, as those signs mean absolutely nothing in PA.

good,..because i take my "lil fren" into every bar i go to.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
+3  ;)

Places Off-Limits While Carrying in PA:
- ANY Court facility
- ANY Federal Property (Unless Authorized)
- State Parks (except while in vehicle)
- Detention Facilities (Adult & Juvenile)
- Air Carrier Airport Terminals (secure areas, common areas OK)
- Cities of the first class unless you hold a valid LTCF (Applies to both open carry & concealed carry)

ref:  http://paopencarry.org/info.html
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is my typical admonishment against drinking any amount of alcohol and carrying a weapon.    And yes, I give the same admonishment to drinking any amount of alcohol and driving.  

Temperance lecture over,

Gary

Yes, because everyone knows your need to defend your life ends when you have a glass of wine with dinner.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes, because everyone knows your need to defend your life ends when you have a glass of wine with dinner.  

If you're having dinner with Carrie Nation it definitely does.

Nation was a large woman nearly 6 feet (180 cm) tall and weighing 175 pounds(80 kg)); she described herself as "a bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus, barking at what He doesn't like",[1] and claimed a divine ordination to promote temperance by smashing up bars.

I'll sip belgian beers at home and leave defense to my daughter.  At nine years old she's sporting more rangetime in the dark than many in the sunshine.

LD's good people. With or without the hatchet.

Ahh, that's tasty....

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Places Off-Limits While Carrying in PA:

- Cities of the first class unless you hold a valid LTCF (Applies to both open carry & concealed carry)

ref:  http://paopencarry.org/info.html

What exactly is a City of the First Class? And whats a LTCF?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my typical admonishment against drinking any amount of alcohol and carrying a weapon.    And yes, I give the same admonishment to drinking any amount of alcohol and driving.  

Temperance lecture over,

Gary

I have seen precious little good come from mixing alcohol with firearms or automobiles.  It is a very bad combination and should be avoided IMHO.  You think it's tough making a case for the use of deadly force sober, try it after you've had one or two drinks and are facing a criminal or civil jury.  But you're an adult.  It's your call, your fortune and possibly your freedom.  Choose wisely Grasshopper.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]
LTCF=Licence to Carry Firearms.

Cities of the first class are Phila and I believe Pittsburgh
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LTCF=Licence to Carry Firearms.

Cities of the first class are Phila and I believe Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is not.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I stand corrected
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
City of First Class = Philly

City of Second Class = Pittsburgh

It's some BS work-around of the equal protection clause of the state constitution.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#17]
What constitutes a "City of First Class"?  Can LTCF permit holders carry in Philthadelphia?  I personally try to avoid that festering hellhole like the plague but in the unfortunate event that I wind up down there I would like to know what my legal bounds are.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't comment on what constitutes a city of the first class but your County issued LTCF is good throughout the State, Philadelphia included.  Example, you may have had the LTCF issued in Perry County but it's good in all Counties in the Commonwealth.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#19]
"City of the First Class" is defined by population and Philly just happens to be the only city to meet those specifications.  "Cities of the Second Class" are defined in a similar manner.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top