BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:02:34 PM EDT
I'll be there!

CMS
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Ill be there, if Offctr permits, and im also gettin my new bushy carine and 720rnds of ammo this week.

I will deff. be there this time,  Im clearin the schedule for that day when its announced,  and packin up the truck, and comin to your city.  srry i was listenin to the radio.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope I'm not out of place, but what is this Mason Dixon shoot?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a get together held a few times a year in the Central City , PA area (Sommerset County) Held on private property. Once a year we usally hold the "Frozen Nutz" version so we can go freeze our nutz off and break the winter monotony. A spring and summer shoot are in the early planning stages. Past shoot s have included class III stuff, .50 barrets and grizzlys, belt fed 1919A4 semi builds. almost nothing but black rifles. for some of the shoots there is on-site camping (very, very roughing it only). At this point we have held it in the same place for about four years now -- approx 10-12 shoots,

It started as the Mason-Dixon FAL assn's tri annual get together after we got shut down at a range in York a few years back --new neighbor couldnt stand the sound of gunfire (so he moved next to a range(??)) and the hunting and fishing club that rented facilities to us aquiessed to his demands -refused to take him to task for his false and unlawful claims-and over the years since found out how that song is played out. But I digress.

The M/D shoot -- just about anything legal is welcome. We do get occasional visits from LEO's of various stripes and sometimes LEO's attend and bring department toys. So if you have class III hardware it is welcome, but class III guys know what doucumentation needs to be in attendance with the guns. Like I said most of te time we go all weekend --camp out starting friday night through to sunday after noon. Attendees come from as far away as NJ --and one even came for Great Britian a few years back ---and is now proudly a citizen --and a hand cannon afficiannado.
we have had cars, propane tanks and little UN guy cutouts, steel plates (kinda ad-hoc so far but improving) all the way out to 600 yards on a uphill slope. and of course TANNERITE! over time we have done some limited night tracer "mad minuite" shoots to close out the day--that is dependant upon fire danger so it varies weteher we can hold that each time, roasted a full pig at one point etc etc --you just never know what might turn up on the firing line or what nice tag line materiel might be overheard ! A good time is always had by all ---even at -40 and snowing! even when the Police do show up they are usually impressed and friendly and sometimes stay and try out some of the toys too. Most of the time we ask that you bring enogh food to feed yourself  and your party for as long as you might stay --soda water etc as there are NO facilities at all on site --there is a store nearby and a Wal-mart down in Sommerset. I or someone else usually makes an ammo run to Dans or Aim if it can be arranged and a group buy is put together (we save the shipping by picking up at the shoot ) I have a 1ton dodge and have toted about 3 tons it seemed at one time to the site in ammo alone .
Anyway thats about it, once a date is set I will announce it here and take requests for directions/group buy participnts etc. I hope to se a few new faces at each shoot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm, sounds like a good time.  Guns, ammo, camping.  What more could a fella ask for?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine has gone to the last couple shoots there. I'll be tagging along this time. Sounds like a great time!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It's been a few years since I've been to one of these M/D shoots.  The last time I went the local PD shut it down and the funny thing was it was being held at a licenced rifle range!  Go figure!  Looks like it's time to get back active with this bunch!

Gary
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's been a few years since I've been to one of these M/D shoots.  The last time I went the local PD shut it down and the funny thing was it was being held at a licenced rifle range!  Go figure!  Looks like it's time to get back active with this bunch!

Gary

Didnt realize you were at the York shoot. Aside from getting shut down it was a pretty good day. That was actually pretty funny --4-5 police cars down the road and all those big bad officers and they send that one little redhead cutie to tell us to shut it down. And she handled it with more balls than all of the rest of them put together.
 We hold em out here in Sommerset Co. now and still draw the ire of one neighbor --but the local police chief, constable,sheriff, and state police have all told him to STFU after comming out to look at the situation. Pretty much they dont respond to his complaints anymore. The local chief has told him that if he wants to complain he has to do it in a written signed statement -- to keep him from lying in his complaint and then claiming he never said key things or changing his story in court. He did that twice. The next time the judge has told him he WILL do time for filing a false complaint OR perjury whichever the judge can make stick --and from the sound of it the one which carries more time is the one he will get. (note to self : If you are going to be a standout memeber of your community --dont try for "Standout Asshole" and sue all your neigbors, the judge, the firechief, the mayor, walmart and the dogcatcher --then try to get they're support when you try to make your neighbors life a living hell.)

Gary be gald to have you.  Spinnin BS around the campfire at night is much better with a crowd. and until you've had Rogers campfire perked coffee --you just havent lived. And if you save brass youd better bring a shovel.

Paitence fellows --we should be setting a new date soon.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Come to think of it....she was cute!  I'll look forward to attending your next shoot if I can.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#9]
ooh, this sounds fun. maybe I can come out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Any news yet?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I am new to the boards and I think I will have to take a drive to come to this shoot. It sounds like a good time. I was not aware of anything like this taking place in this parts of the country. I will be checking back for the dates.
    I have some fun toys I can bring, semi-auto 1919 and B.A.R. and a bolt action .50
    Can I bring Tannerite?????
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
any dates yet, so i can start stocking up on ammo

just a ?  how many hours of the day will be shooting?  i know the guns get put away at night but what time does the shooting start?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to start stocking up ammo now.  Offctr do you still have any 5.45?  I shot the last of mine this weekend and don't want to pay $4/box for wolf at Allegheny Trade.  If you have some shoot me an IM.  Any word on the date?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top