Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:30:14 PM EDT
Are there many class 3 dealer in PA? I'm mostly interested in ones in or around the Berks County area. (and surrounding areas) I'm interested in getting a .22lr suppressor and want to know if anyone can recommend good dealers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.defcon-1.com  
These guys are pretty good.  They are nice and have a decent shop.  They are just south of Allentown.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I'll check them out then.

Anyone else know of other dealers?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Smith's Specialty Arms in Slatington (Lehigh County). Henry is a great guy to do business with and very knowledeable.
                                                                   Ron
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Smith's Specialty Arms in Slatington (Lehigh County). Henry is a great guy to do business with and very knowledeable.
                                                                   Ron

Totally agree.  Henry is extremely trustworthy and will not let you down.  Bought a machine gun from him last year, and it was just as he described.  I believe he is an AAC dealer, so he may have Pilots in stock.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Howard's one of he good guys too:

Howard Block
610 789-0200
http://www.jbarms.com
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Classic Pistol in Southampton, Bucks County, Pa. www.classicpistol.com/proshop_firearms3.asp
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                                                   Ron

Totally agree.  Henry is extremely trustworthy and will not let you down.  Bought a machine gun from him last year, and it was just as he described.  I believe he is an AAC dealer, so he may have Pilots in stock.  

Do either of you have any contact information for him?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                                                   Ron

Do either of you have any contact information for him?

I have been to boyers and the other place acrosss the river in Walnutport but have never heard of this guy.

There is also Jones gun Shop  in Allentown 9th and Chew on the corner never bought from him just found the shop the other day... seemed nice   but wanted $225 for a stripped lower  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have been to boyers and the other place acrosss the river in Walnutport but have never heard of this guy.

There is also Jones gun Shop  in Allentown 9th and Chew on the corner never bought from him just found the shop the other day... seemed nice   but wanted $225 for a stripped lower  

Where are these places? Do they have websites or addresses?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are these places? Do they have websites or addresses?

they are not class 3 dealers that I know of

KEIFERS GUN SHOP 401 Main St. Walnutport Pennsylvania 18088 USA phone: (610) 760-9597.  

Boyer Hardware
130 Main St
Slatington, PA 18080-1532

I usually pick up wolf 7.62  at boyers its $125 a case the last time I was there use to be $89

I have never bought guns at keifers  they have new owners  and have not been there in a while
610-767-3162
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Smith Specialty Arms is the place to go.  Henry is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to suppressors and he has been in the game for a long time too.  He usually has several suppressors in stock however he will only see customers by appointment.  Appointment only is kind of nice because you can ask as many questions as you want with out feeling rushed and he usually shows some pretty neat stuff too, not to mention the videos of mg shoots playing while you chat.  Def-Con is also a nice place but in my opinion they don’t have the experience or knowledge about the C3 stuff they sell.

Smith Specialty Arms  (610) 767-4670
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
As mentioned above, The two guys I trust exclusively are Howard Block of J B Arms, and Henry Smith of Smith Specialty Arms.

I too am in Berks, and they are both about the same distance from me (in Reading.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
David Spiwak in Bloomsburg is very good.

I have bought 2 Vector UZI's (mini/standard) and a Beretta BM-59 from him and traded an EA/RR with Gemech Talon-SD upper to him.

www.davidspiwak.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As mentioned above, The two guys I trust exclusively are Howard Block of J B Arms, and Henry Smith of Smith Specialty Arms.

I too am in Berks, and they are both about the same distance from me (in Reading.)

Are they easy to find? Do they stock .22 suppressors? I definately want to get one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they easy to find? Do they stock .22 suppressors? I definately want to get one.

Both are easy to find, and are on a main road.
If you are looking for something "in stock", I'd suggest giving both of them a call. In my experience, Henry keeps more suppressors in stock, while Howard keeps more MG's in stock. Either of them may have what you are looking for though.

Edit to add:
I like both guys equally and consider them friends.
I know they both read these boards, so I don't want to say one is better than the other. Both are fantastic guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the information. I'll check them out when I get a chance.

If anyone else knows of any other dealers for class 3 items please post them here also. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
And then there is

Freedom Armory

They're coming out with an Indoor Range real soon.

I've been thinking of a Group Meet there to shoot all of our M16's, Uzi, etc. down there when it opens up in just under two weeks.

We'll be able to rent Machine Guns as part of their new setup.  We'll be able to bring our own ammo instead of having to buy in-store ammo like some other places.

I wonder if we can ever get them to give Group Rates?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Are they going to be selling class 3 stuff or just renting machine guns?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Are they going to be selling class 3 stuff or just renting machine guns?

They have been a Class III Dealer for some time now.  They handled three out of the four NFA Tax Stamps I own.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Boyers in Slatington is not class 3 but Alan Boyer is a helluva nice guy----Keifers is owned by somebody new----seems nice enough, but a little pricey for me and not my type of weapons carried. Henry at Smiths is AAA+ an awesome guy----would recommend him to anybody----AVOID JONES's in Allentown------wont go into it----don't want to badmouth anybody, just heed my warning
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Any more CLASS 3 dealers close to Berks County? Looking for a .22 LR suppressor that I will mount on a Walther P22 which I will also have to purchase.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Any more CLASS 3 dealers close to Berks County? Looking for a .22 LR suppressor that I will mount on a Walther P22 which I will also have to purchase.

Don't know how much closer you're 'gonna find than the two I listed above.
Both guys hit the bigger gunshows, and are not hard to find. Howard has P22's & suppressors listed on his WEBSITE. Henry usually keeps a bunch of cans in stock also.

Did you try calling either one of them ?

You may just have to drive a little to get what you want... Don't know personally of ANY C3 dealers in Berks...

If you're afraid to call/bother them, I'll be happy to call them and BS on your behalf.

Sofar in this thread, you've been given just about every reputable C3 dealer in the Southeast PA area. Take that info and use it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#24]
No I'm not affraid to call or contact them. I'm just doing a little research right now. Thanks for the information and I'm sure I will be contacting them in a month or two.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for Henry's contact info. Until last thursday, he had one last Gemtech M402 in stock.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Rugby...

Does THIS LOOK FAMILIAR ?  
(Currently hanging on the wall in my brother's office.)

I've been wanting to ask...  Where did you get ahold of that funky extended bayonet ???
I'd like to buy another like it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top