Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:24:43 PM EDT
Up past my bedtime on a work night.
11PM knock on the door ( Very rare here) not expecting anyone.

Was a State Trooper looking for address of somebody.
(Gave their name, I didnt have a clue about them)

Good thing I peeked and asked who it was before I opened the door
with my .357 in hand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Very odd indeed.  Prior resident or owner of your current home perhaps?  Did you ask the trooper why he choose your house to ask such a question at 2300hrs?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Around here, that wouldn't be surprising.  Hell, they would just look for someone with a light on and, trust me, they are few and far between at that hour.  

The .357 is funny, though.  A few weeks ago, someone knocked on my door about 10:30 pm.  Turned out to be two teenage/early 20 males looking for a gas station.  Two males that age at that time of night in the middle of nowhere?  I opened the door with the AR sitting within arm's reach...right beside the Louisville Slugger, LOL.  Either they were honest or they just decided not to fuck with the very large man who opened the door.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I came home one night around 3 in the morning, I was supposed to stay the night out, My wife heard "someone" coming through the door.  Needless to say, I was met by the business end of a 9 mm about a half step inside the door.

She was all worked up about the incident, I thought it was a good experience for her.  She did what she was supposed to do.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I came home one night around 3 in the morning, I was supposed to stay the night out, My wife heard "someone" coming through the door.  Needless to say, I was met by the business end of a 9 mm about a half step inside the door.

She was all worked up about the incident, I thought it was a good experience for her.  She did what she was supposed to do.  

Good thing she didn't go <click> as you stepped in...( she should at least wait until you are in far enough that you don't fall backwards out the door, that requires more paperwork)  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
At my house we do not open the door at that hour unless a guest is expected. Period.

The State Trooper should buy a map. "two teenage/early 20 males" ? Not a chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top