Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:57:37 AM EDT
I thought that the MAX someone could charge for a carry permit was $19.  I just got my renewal notice  they want to charge $32.  Now they give you a drivers liscence type Id and there is no waiting.  The Sherrif is a real asshole...  any other counties breaking the law and overcharging.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
didn't know there was a minimum.  ALthough I am aware that diffrent counties charge diffrentely.  Never had a problem in delawre county.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure you could request the old peper ID style for $19
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
My plastic "drivers license" type permit was $19 in June.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
hmm, interesting.  Perhaps a fee for expedited processing?  That really doesn't make sense on a renewal though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#6]
a little research    

Center county $20
Luzern County $25  
Philly $19
Pittsburgh $19
Montco   $19 or $40 for the plastic drivers  type
Columbia County $20
erie $20
del  $29
Lancaster $25
LEHIGH $32 drivers  type
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hmm, interesting.  Perhaps a fee for expedited processing?  That really doesn't make sense on a renewal though.

I got mine right away.  This was in Beaver County, BTW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got mine in Cambria co.
They charged me $29.00.
$19.00 for the permit and $10.00 processing fee.
Mine is the photo style.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
At $32 for 5 years, or $6.40 a year, it's still a bargain, allowing you to carry a loaded gun to protect yourself.

I'd like to think my life was worth $6.40 a year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There isn't any such thing as a renewal, you start fresh everytime. This state is a cluster fuck when it comes to permits. No set price thru out the state, no book of do's and don'ts, running out of ranges and no qualifing for permit holders. But accoeding to the state it isn't their fault.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't any such thing as a renewal, you start fresh everytime. This state is a cluster fuck when it comes to permits. No set price thru out the state, no book of do's and don'ts, running out of ranges and no qualifing for permit holders. But accoeding to the state it isn't their fault.

I know, it's just that when you are a "renewing" permit holder instead of a first timer.  You really don't need it in 3-5 business days if you were on the ball and applied for a new one with some time left on your old one.  Hence no need for expediting.  Chester county for instance charges you a few bucks for expediting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The law provides the price and the list of dos and don'ts. I don't want the law to require qualification for permit holders. Once you make a permit dependant on qualification, all you have to do is either make the course so difficult that no one can pass or make it so difficult to attend that no one can. Isn't it bad enough we have to pay and get a card in order to exercise our God given rights?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to renew my CCW...  I moved since my last CCW so I need to go through the entire process again.  Can someone confirm what I need these days...

I need to get mine through Chester County and I will be honest I don't even know where the Chester County Court house is even located...

Edit because I can Google...

Directions:  www.chesco.org/geninfo/dr-court.html

Permit Info:  dsf.chesco.org/sheriff/cwp/view.asp?A=3&Q=609178

Process and what I need:  dsf.chesco.org/sheriff/cwp/view.asp?A=3&Q=609185
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Philly only charged me $19 which included them ta.king the picture and giving me one of the credit card type permits instead of paper.  I know somw counties charge more for taking your picture and for getting your permit qiucker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top