Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:36:40 PM EDT
First...how is the name supposed to be pronounced
I am thinking "tie-ah-dag-ton"....but I really dont know.

Second...
I was camping up in the McIntyre wild area a few weeks ago....was wondering what the laws are regarding discharge of firearms in the state forest. Can people shoot up there or is it against the law to do so?

I read that the area is heavily populated with black bear....and apparently has the highest density of timber rattlesnake in the northeast.....any regulars up there want to chime in on either?

I plan to come back...it was a great place to backpack and camp....snakes dont bother me in the least, but the bear thing had me a bit concerned.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Stae regs are no discharge of ANY projectile in a State Forest, except a hunting weapon at legal game when in season.  This includes firearms, bows, paintball, etc.

Ops
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Ops pretty much nailed it for the state regs regarding discharging a weapon in the state forest.  

Around here we say it "Tie-uh-dot-en"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top