Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:16 PM EDT
Hey folks,

I am a Pittsburgh FFL but I am not a gunsmith. I am also not a plumber, which I have proven. Anyway, I have a customer asking about having a scope mounted on a Bull Barrel Ruger 22. Does anyone know someone who has experience in this? Any help would be appreciated but I want to make sure I send a customer to someone who is good and will not use C-clamps, 16 penny nails or metal strapping to mount a scope. Thanks guy's! Have a good one......................Todd
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen some of the clamp on bases and they are not that terrible if the use is simply for casual plinking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
B-Square makes a mounting base that attaches to the stock sight mounting holes. Remove the iron sights, screw the base into the sight mounting holes, attach rings, mount scope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Power Custom makes an excellent Weaver type mount.  It uses the four existing receiver holes, plus two drilled and tapped holes in a bull barrel.  Further reinforces the barrel/receiver connection.

The Volquartsen cantilever base is only mounted to the barrel, and you can push the rear end side to side when it's mounted.
Top Top