Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 2:57:21 PM EDT
im contemplating a move to pa and have looked at a few places up in wayne county. im wondring if it is easy to get a CLEO signoff there
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to live there in Wayne county and still talk to some of my friends there. My buddy said the Honesdale sherriff/cheif of police, cant remeber the guys position, signs off on concealed carry permits like crazy. Dont know about class three. Sounds like the guy is very pro 2nd ammendment though. Since my buddy up there occasionally  talks to him, mabey I can get some info for you through the grape vine. Other than that, very good choice on a place to live!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you a have a full-auto range that's close to where you live first.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replies. i dont know that much about the area and dont know about ranges and what they will allow there. there are some great houses up there and the prices arent bad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I would shoot at the state game lands occasionaly. I dont think they have class 3 restrictions at the range, no tracers though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
State game land has a 3 round limit. Doesn't it ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
State game land has a 3 round limit. Doesn't it ?

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#7]
DO NOT SHOOT FULL AUTO AT A STATE GAME LANDS RANGE!

I've rapid fired six rounds out of a S&W 6906 and the state gameys showed up to investigate since they heard rapid fire.  I was smart enough not to have done anything wrong or I would have had the wrath of them upon me.  State Gameys seem to have more power than the regular police.

I'm sure the sound of full auto shooting will get not only their attention, but local law enforcement as well.  

Find a good full auto range near where you want to move or find an abandoned strip mine or gravel pit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top