Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:11:57 PM EDT
If anyone can recommend an ethical shop in Eastern PA dealing in black guns, I would appreciate it. Preferably one that carries Colt, Bushmaster or both...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Surplus City on Bustleton Ave. just outside of Philly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Classic Pistol in southampton, 2miles away from Surplus City
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Senaca Arms Co.
116 Gravel Pike P.O. Box 178
Green Lane, PA 18054
215 234 8984

They have a considerable selection of weapons, including black rifles of many varieties, and the owner John is a great guy, and a member here too. He is very willing to do transfers and his prices are excellent.

The location is about 15 to 20 minutes off of the Quakertown exit on 476.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree, John at Seneca Arms is a class act and a great guy. I've bought items all over the south east of PA...including Classi Pistol. They are a great bunch of guys there and you get to try something out before you buy it...for a small fee of course. I found them to be a little pricey, but again, a great bunch of guys to work with.

However, I've recently dealt with John at Seneca Arms for 3 transfers and I have to say, it's been the best experience yet. I went in looking for "black rifles" too. He had a great selection of Armalites, but no Colts.  He agreed to accept a transfer in for me, and even helped me set up the deal. The only thing I had to do was pay for the xfer. He's friendly from the start, and more than willing to work with you to find what you want. That's an important thing, since it seems even our own dealers are treating us with more and more distain. Like I said before, I wound up bringing two more xfers to him, and if a deal I'm working on goes through, I may be brining him a fourth. I know it's a drive for some people, but it's well worth it. Besides, even if you think you are only looking for a black rifle...he's got PLEANTY of other goodies up there that may make you reconsider...or at least start your wheels spinning about the "next" purchase. Again, I have made friends with several good Dealers in my area of about 50 miles, and John is one of ...if not the best to deal with.

Mickey 223
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  This business has lots of down side, but being able to provide service to good guys like Mickey223 and GVidon make it very rewarding.  They are super nice guys and really are enjoyable to deal with.  I could only be so lucky to have my whole clientle as cool, and friendly as these two guys.  Again, thanks for the kind words and we will see you soon.

BTW, if I had to recommend anyone else besides me :) I would say to go to Tanners and ask for Ray(Republicanman) on this board.  He is an honest, and friendly salesman part time for them and he would be my "go to" guy if I were not in this business.

john
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys,

Thanks a ton for all this great info.

Also, is it legal in PA to sell a single AR-15 to an out of state resident (one who visits a shop in person), or must it be shipped to an FFL dealer in that person's state? I was always under the impression that buying long guns (even semi-automatic ones) out of state was not a big deal, but a friend recently told me that is illegal under federal law to sell an AR-15 type rifle to an out of state resident.

Any info would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Surplus City on Bustleton Ave. just outside of Philly.

Rob @ surplus city is one of the fairest (price and trade-in wise) gun dealers in the Philadelphia area.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Guys,

Thanks a ton for all this great info.

Also, is it legal in PA to sell a single AR-15 to an out of state resident (one who visits a shop in person), or must it be shipped to an FFL dealer in that person's state? I was always under the impression that buying long guns (even semi-automatic ones) out of state was not a big deal, but a friend recently told me that is illegal under federal law to sell an AR-15 type rifle to an out of state resident.

Any info would be much appreciated.

I have personally bought an AK and an AR  from an FFL AT the Harrisburg Gunshow.

< ----  NY
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as AR's in the configuratio yours is in is legal in his state, there shouldn't be a problem. HOWEVER...and I mean a BIG HOWEVER, the actual transfer would have to go through and FFL. He can buy AND pay you for the weapon, but cannot take ownership until it is shipped to an FFL in his state, where he would have to submit to the NICs process. Prior to shipping, either you or your own local FFL must receive a signed in ink copy of his dealer's FFL.

It's been my experience that most FFLs don't like to send copies to private citizens. So for a small fee on your end, you can take the weapon to a dealer of your choice, have him receive your buddy's dealer info and ship it for you. That's the best option, because everything is run through an already established business and more importantly LEGAL process, and your dealer will have regular shipments going out via UPS. Like I said, you may have to pay a little chunk (est. 20-30 bucks) out of your pocket to cover shipping and perhaps pay for the trouble your dealer will have to go through. But compared to the alternative which is jail and possibly long showers with Bubba on the cell block, it's a small price to pay! The same goes for your buddy too. Make sure the weapon is legal in his state too, or you will be sending him cartons of cigs so he can buy protection in the Federal Pen.

Mickey
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
sorry...meant State Pen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
CnD gun and Coin on Union Blvd in Bethlehem has never treated me wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I know that shipping firearms (of any time) to anyone w/o FLL is a big no-no.

I may not have been clear on the question--we are not talking about any transfer other than the one that takes place in the shop.

What I'm talking about is driving to a shop, paying, and picking the rifle up in person and driving home with it in my trunk. Someone I know told me that ARs in PA are like pistols in some states--that they cannot be sold, even face-to-face to someone with an out of state DL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#14]
So far as I know that is correct......you must be a resident of PA to purchase a long arm face to face from another PA resident. Your best bet is to contact a county sherrifs dept and ask them though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top